Grandfather cops again pls

11 hours ago, Olivia said:

The difference between 16 and 17 years old doesn't seem like a big difference.  I'll grant you that.  However I will say that if you could see the difference in the number of internal affairs reports and complaints we got once we made the limit 17, you would understand why we have the age limit. 

There was a period of time when we allowed cops of all ages to apply.  As far as I know, every single cop that got in under the age of 17 has gotten themselves removed for violating APD policies, except for maybe one or two. 

Im an example

11 hours ago, W00bzy said:

He's a she. I wasn't trying to start anything with her, just couldn't tell if her sentence was for real.

I thought the winky face made it pretty clear that I was sarcastic.  Normally, calling someone "immature" is a serious accusation and would not be normally followed by a friendly emoji.

14 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

The effort is not worth of going through tons of APD removals/blacklistings and IADS of multiple underage cops so only 1 or 2 can stay on. History on asylum has shown that Children under the age of 17 have not developed a mental maturity level to handle asylum. Asylum is one of the largest Arma communities out there for multiple reasons. 1 is not allowing underage children play any major role of representing the server. 

Are you sure all children?  

22 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Ya we did this before, didn't work out so well..

@Lyynxx is the only under 17 APD officer that is mature enough to play the role..

I have a hard time not doing things correct for most things, and I tend not to quit at tasks I undertake, not many people feel the same or have this trait, with this rule of officers having to be 17 or older it lowers the number of applicants substantially. less applicants, less mistakes. I'm very sorry for not having your back on this one @devman115 however I feel like the age limit can maybe be reduced to 16 years of age for you like @Olivia stated in a previous reply.

Edited by Lyynxx
Olivia, Eli and The Monopoly Man like this
3 hours ago, Lyynxx said:

I have a hard time not doing things correct for most things, and I tend not to quit at tasks I undertake, not many people feel the same or have this trait, with this rule of officers having to be 17 or older it lowers the number of applicants substantially. less applicants, less mistakes. I'm very sorry for not having your back on this one @devman115 however I feel like the age limit can maybe be reduced to 16 years of age for you like @Olivia stated in a previous reply.

Lyynxx for SGT ;)

1 hour ago, The Monopoly Man said:

He's more mature than a lot of current Sgts or lts

The thing that has been construed the most over the months I have been apart of the APD is the natural boundary between maturity and having fun. The reason I joined P1 was due to the many senior ranking officers comprehension of which. Having a hell of a time when patrolling and RP'ing with civilians, passing time in kavala square or taking part in the many admin events along side civilians to show that we're players just trying to enjoy the pleasantries of this game like everyone else. But also understanding when it was time to be serious, focused and to shut the hell up. We're here to have fun, and jerk around, but when someone needs our help, it's time to get down to business. Some are lacking in that comprehension, and that is what both immature and severely strict players need to be reminded of. 

I agree that the age limit could be lowered to 16, but as @Shane McCoy has said, people ruin it for others. *cough* Justice wagon.. ;)

Cant stand squeakers either. Sorry, but I'd rather not be condescended to for my crimes by a 12 year-old. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYPHCzthHj0&feature=youtu.be

.30 - 1.30...Hopefully a better understanding. :)

Edited by Flameless
Shane McCoy likes this

This thread is honestly the best argument against allowing <17 into the APD. There's lots of good points to be made on both sides, but it seems that the proponents of allowing younger people into the APD have a hard time articulating those. I wonder why.

There's definitely young people out there who could make an eloquent argument for allowing under-17s into the APD, but certainly none of them are commenting on these threads. It seriously damages your credibility when you argue that younger people are mature enough to be in the APD, but yet you can't take the time to type out "obviously" or understand what it means to "grandfather in" something. It looks like you wrote this in about 3 seconds, and it ruins your credibility before a reader even has a chance to finish reading. The world, contrary to popular belief, does not operate on "text language," and first impressions are extremely important. 

When you're arguing that you're mature enough, you need to make yourself and your argument absolutely unimpeachable. Asking for a policy to be changed to allow for exceptions for mature, underaged applicants, while not demonstrating that yourself, will ruins any chance, however slim, you might have had of changing someone's mind. 

Olivia and Flameless like this

sure, in this entire world there is probably a few cool young ones that mature players would like to roll with..... but its rare to find.. so unless you personally know this kid , it aint goin to happen cuz the majority are little dumbfucks that would essentially poison the apd.. and back to my first post.. no1 wants to listen to a squeaker boast about a kill he got at a fed/prison/bank hopin it will improve his chances for a promo

you dont like the words I type? no shit, most people dont like to listen to the truth cuz the truth hurts

bitch

Edited by -Predator-
On 11/14/2016 at 7:09 PM, devman115 said:

New Applications are: OPEN

Before you submit an application, you must meet the following requirements:

• Played at least 14 out of the last 30 days with 1 hour played each of those days on Asylum 
  • Able to use voice communication, and speak English
  • At least 17 years of age, those younger than 17 may not apply as we are no longer making exceptions 
    • If applicant is 17 years old, points received are doubled
    • Grandfathered applicants 16 years and younger, points received are quadrupled
    • All applicants younger than 18 must declare a birthdate on their application or your application will be denied
  • Currently not blacklisted from Asylum or from the APD
    • Underage applicants who lied on a previous application are still blacklisted
  • Applicants must be 17 years or older to gain the rank of Corporal or above
  • Application must be formatted in the current standard format as explained here.

as you can see i obv says no longer making exceptions but my question is when will you cause you make it seem like theirs a big difference between the age 17 and 18 which makes no sense i can see a difference between 16 and 18.Also what i have seen is a good population of your server is like some 14 years old but like mainly 15 and 16 year olds i just feel like you should bring back Grandfathered cops.

Get voice changer and lie better :kappa: 

The age limit always seemed a bit high compared to other RP communities but  it seems to work for asylum. Now i wouldn't bring back a system that didn't work but instead let the captains determine ones maturity and app on a individual if there under the age seems more appropriate to me.

Also liked the trial run we did with ed when we let ranga and leslie play for and hour in which ranga was later accepted on the APD.