Anti-ghosting suggestion

If someone logs out in within a cartel zone, upon logging in if the cartel is active, they should be forced to "respawn". By respawn i mean they should be given a choice for their character to come in to the game with all their previous gear at one of the default spawn locations.

Examples:

Kavala

Pyrgos

House 1

Donor

Edited by {BOA}Cole
Akeelagi, Midamaru, Vhantom and 6 others like this
7 minutes ago, {BOA}Cole said:

If someone logs out in within a cartel zone, upon logging in if the cartel is active, they should be forced to "respawn". By respawn i mean they should be given a choice for their character to come in to the game with all their previous gear at one of the default spawn locations.

Examples:

Kavala

Pyrgos

House 1

Donor

Yea. This doesnt sound like the old Stratis TP system at all...... 

Because that wasn't abused

Brendon Smith and Budbringer like this
3 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Are you still ok with this if you get kicked (battleye/ping/mem leak/etc). Also, you wouldn't be able to softlog to fix any issues.

yes

2 minutes ago, Addon said:

the problem with this however...

let's say I need to get to another side of the map, and I'm currently near Arms owned by another gang... Go to Arms, contest it, soft log, then boom. on the other side of the map.

better to ruin the game by teleporting than killing everyone by logging in

4 minutes ago, Haych said:

People will just use this to bypass the current persistent system. It's pretty obvious when someone ghosts 1km within a cartel, no need to add a system that will be abused

37 minutes ago, {BOA}Cole said:

Examples:

Kavala

Pyrgos

House 1

Donor

go to active cartel > log out > log in > teleport to city of your choosing. way too abusable :kappa: 

We get ghosting reports all the time but there is a difference from someone logging into a server for the first time that day or after taking a break, compared to people going from server A to server b sync in a new world space to get an advantage then going back to server A. However if you are fighting a gang anywhere and they have someone that logged out in the same area the only thing it might be pushing on rules is metagaming(Honestly don't know when the last time we banned for this happening).

{BOA}Cole likes this
6 hours ago, Trilligy said:

We get ghosting reports all the time but there is a difference from someone logging into a server for the first time that day or after taking a break, compared to people going from server A to server b sync in a new world space to get an advantage then going back to server A. However if you are fighting a gang anywhere and they have someone that logged out in the same area the only thing it might be pushing on rules is metagaming(Honestly don't know when the last time we banned for this happening).

I understand that, which is why the "respawn" option is a really good idea, or as stated earlier a similar system to how rebel currently works