You know theres a issue when 70% of the clips in recent montages are all East Arms. It's a ok cap to fight once in a while, but when its East for 2 restarts in a row during Peak EU, it just gets old.

I've mentioned multiple times that the caps should be on % based. Every one enjoys OG so have that picked more often than other caps, etc.. etc... You get the idea @bamf

Andrew, explicit and Schiang like this
1 minute ago, Haych said:

You know theres a issue when 70% of the clips in recent montages are all East Arms. It's a ok cap to fight once in a while, but when its East for 2 restarts in a row during Peak EU, it just gets old.

I've mentioned multiple times that the caps should be on % based. Every one enjoys OG so have that picked more often than other caps, etc.. etc... You get the idea @bamf

50 % OG ARMS

25 % CHURCH ARMS

25 % EAST ARMS.

pls.

Before people start spewing random claims out their ass, how about someone looks into the code behind how and when spots are chosen. I guarantee it's a simple RNG that is is just fisting us. 

Also. You have to account for what the cap may be when you're not on. It very well may be 33% or whatever it is, but it looks to be higher when you're only on half a day. 

55 minutes ago, Axe said:

Before people start spewing random claims out their ass, how about someone looks into the code behind how and when spots are chosen. I guarantee it's a simple RNG that is is just fisting us. 

Also. You have to account for what the cap may be when you're not on. It very well may be 33% or whatever it is, but it looks to be higher when you're only on half a day. 

The code for selecting random cartel locations is stored in the server-side scripts. I believe only @Paratus and @bamf has access to an update-to-date version of this.

The way it works is pretty simple. Each location is added in an array (arms, drug etc.), and one index is picked randomly from each array. I know devs have previously increased the likelihood of certain cartels by adding them twice in the array thus doubling the chance of it being picked. I don't know if that's the case anymore though.

Edited by Bikstok
Just now, Bikstok said:

The code for selecting random cartel locations is stored in the server-side scripts. I believe only @Paratus and @bamf has access to an update-to-date version of this.

The way it works is pretty simple. Each location is added in array (arms, drug etc.), and one is picked randomly. I know devs have previously increased the likelyhood of certain cartels by adding them twice in the array thus doubling the chance of it being picked. I don't know if that's the case anymore though.

Fair enough. 

I'm inclined to believe they are still the same odds seeing as I can't find a reason as to why the devs would want to force some cartels as opposed to others. They may have been doubled during the testing phase to get people to fight them and offer feedback. Maybe something never got changed, or maybe @Haych is just simply unlucky. ;) 

9 hours ago, Monkeysz said:

LOWER THE CHANCE OF IT BEING EAST

Its been East FOR DAYS atleast in the Eu Timezone, I dont mind the cap but fuck me every time we fight its at fucking EAST

#IWANTTOFIGHTANOTHERCAP

#FUCKEAST

#itisntworkingasintended

Half my montage clips are at east lmao