Red names and Vehicles

I was recently banned for downing everyone in a car because all their names were red. I believe that there is a glitch where if a person you are initiated with enters a vehicle the rest of the people in the vehicle will become red even though they are not initiated with you. Since I was banned for it (I was unbanned), I assume it was a glitch or I may need some clarification from a developer.

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

2 hours ago, Maric said:

I was recently banned for downing everyone in a car because all their names were red. I believe that there is a glitch where if a person you are initiated with enters a vehicle the rest of the people in the vehicle will become red even though they are not initiated with you. Since I was banned for it (I was unbanned), I assume it was a glitch or I may need some clarification from a developer.

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

I notified gnashes about this not that long ago. Might be a bug, but just make sure you have proof of everything, hit that quick F12 before shooting everyone lol or just record

The response I saw to that issue was from a dev stating it would be very difficult to make it differentiate who's red and who's not inside a vehicle. 

On 12/1/2016 at 11:55 AM, Mayhem said:

I've noticed something. Let's say I was at war with another gang member and he was in a cop car.  When he gets put into this car, everyone's name in the vehicle is red for KOS, is this intentional? Even if the cops aren't red before entering the vehicle

Currently intentional; although I would love to be able to specify it. It's just going to be a bitch to do.

Edited by Dredd
Added quote from gnashes

Currently intentional; although I would love to be able to specify it. It's just going to be a bitch to do.

^ That is the correct response.

Nerdspeak Inc.

We current compile a list of names, separated by ", ". That is saved as "_name".

We then define a color; and if any of those names are red, we use "_color = red".

We then stick it into a text format using something like <color=_color>"_name"</color>.

To do it the way I want to; it would be formatted like <color=_color>"_name1"</color>,  <color=_color>"_name2"</color> , etc

I'll work on it; but as the mechanic is working it'll be a little lower on my list of priorities.

4 hours ago, Mayhem said:

I notified gnashes about this not that long ago. Might be a bug, but just make sure you have proof of everything, hit that quick F12 before shooting everyone lol or just record

This situation is like when you were red for me but I wasn't red for you in donor ;) system needs reworked

6 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

^ That is the correct response.

Nerdspeak Inc.

We current compile a list of names, separated by ", ". That is saved as "_name".

We then define a color; and if any of those names are red, we use "_color = red".

We then stick it into a text format using something like <color=_color>"_name"</color>.

To do it the way I want to; it would be formatted like <color=_color>"_name1"</color>,  <color=_color>"_name2"</color> , etc

I'll work on it; but as the mechanic is working it'll be a little lower on my list of priorities.

Should be up there in priority considering how many people get banned wrongfully for rdm by this shit tier aggression system but sure we can deal with it, but some don't record

Edited by House.
3 minutes ago, House. said:

This situation is like when you were red for me but I wasn't red for you in donor ;) system needs reworked

Red names intentionally only work one way. That is never going to change; otherwise if you RDM me, your entire group can rightfully open up on my entire group and not get punished because my group's names turned red.

You MUST GET SHOT for someone else's name to go red. Your red names clear on your respawn. If you respawn where you died; you'll still be red to whomever killed you. This is by design.

2 minutes ago, House. said:

Should be up there in priority considering how many people get banned wrongfully for rdm by this shit tier aggression system but sure we can deal with it, but some don't record

I can count on one hand the number of people I've heard of get wrongfully banned because a name was red. Most of the Admins have the common sense to look at killfeeds and count 5 minutes.

Just now, Gnashes said:

Red names intentionally only work one way. That is never going to change; otherwise if you RDM me, your entire group can rightfully open up on my entire group and not get punished because my group's names turned red.

You MUST GET SHOT for someone else's name to go red. Your red names clear on your respawn. If you respawn where you died; you'll still be red to whomever killed you. This is by design.

I can count on one hand the number of people I've heard of get wrongfully banned because a name was red. Most of the Admins have the common sense to look at killfeeds and count 5 minutes.

I've gotten banned 2 times because of it and so have a lot of my friends, they record so ban was lifted.

9 hours ago, Maric said:

@bamf @Gnashes @Paratus

Im pretty sure both community managers have said red = dead. Aka if someone has a red name you can shoot them.

I have something; but I'll wait until I can actually test it before I get my hopes up on the viability.

If it works; I'll be able to show names as either white or red in a vehicle properly for each name.

Something I've had alot of problems with is accidentally hitting someone with a spray and initiating with their group. Of course its intentional and unsolvable because once you've shot someone you should know that you can shoot back. But I've had countless times of accidentally shooting someone and then getting laid out by their group members because I was red for them.

1 hour ago, CPT Sikorski said:

Red names are bugged and are glitched so many times.

Sometimes I see like red names of a gang and some are white others are red 

That's not a bug, or a glitch. That can happen.

21 hours ago, Gnashes said:

I have something; but I'll wait until I can actually test it before I get my hopes up on the viability.

If it works; I'll be able to show names as either white or red in a vehicle properly for each name.

^ Update on this:

Spent 3 hours bashing my head against a wall last night. I have something SORT OF working, but it's breaking in a way that shouldn't even be possible given what I'm doing; so I'm still working on it.

Maybe next week?