Gang message: Initiation

While I got banned again for RDMing, (not valid) I came up with an idea.

So I have been banned because I sent a message to a gangmember and initiated on the whole gang, however I killed a person from a gang who was not alerted by it.

So he reported me for RDM while I was already engaged with them. As I have removed my video proof on a earlier day.

Now my idea is, let us sent a initiaton message towards the whole gang.

Just select the gang you want to initiate with and sent a message to them and all members of that gang receive the message. So everyone of that gang is alerted.

Good idea or not? I would like to hear opinions about this and if it is possible?

4 minutes ago, Mr. Fudger said:

That would be good but if you think about it it's to and u can't send a message to a whole group irl.. but yea it would solve a lot of problems and shit.

Yeah I just got banned for 2 weeks because this, and got my new 1TB HDD and removed all video from SSD -_- so now I have no proof lol.

Woud love to see something like this to solve alot of problems. Damn ALF ;p

11 minutes ago, KrAnaDiaN said:

Interesting idea, although this could also be used to mass spam or "rage" at an entire gang because they were killed, Allowing for people to be allowed to block people they do not want to be in contact with could make it a possibility.

blocking people would also be a disadvantage because you wouldnt know if you got a initiation message if they sent one.

CPT Sikorski likes this
32 minutes ago, massi said:

t's the guy's fault for not letting his friends know

Not necessarily.

If I text you "Hands up or die"; you comply, and I shoot some random other guy in your gang who didn't, RDM all day long.

Don't be lazy with initiation; and you don't have to worry.

1 minute ago, Crow said:

blocking people would also be a disadvantage because you wouldnt know if you got a initiation message if they sent one.

that would be true unless it were to say something like "the following users did not receive your message due to them having you blocked: Player1 Player2 Player3"

Edited by KrAnaDiaN
Just now, Gnashes said:

Not necessarily.

If I text you "Hands up or die"; you comply, and I shoot some random other guy in your gang who didn't, RDM all day long.

I sent Whole ALF put your hands up or die.

Not Hands up or die.

So it was indeed gang initiation right

as they are always camping in kavala with eachother. 

+ I shot multiple members at that time 

Edited by CPT Sikorski
Just now, KrAnaDiaN said:

that would be true unless it were to say something like "the following users did not receive your message due to them having you blocked: Player1 Player2 Player3"

Blocking won't happen.

23 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Not necessarily.

What if you have a gang mate standing right next to you? Is it still considered RDM?

1 minute ago, massi said:

What if you have a gang mate standing right next to you? Is it still considered RDM?

In that exact and specific scenario; yup.

You complied. I only messaged you.

40 minutes ago, Tyreck said:

TEXT MESSAGES SHOULD NOT BE INITIATION IN THE FIRST PLACE! Starting a group message telling 8 people "Hands up or Die" is just ridiculous. Low tier role play like that is meant for individuals that play this game, not big groups that would ruin a lot.   

Well it is initiation now so that hasnt any value now at this point. If you cannot text initiate you will remove the whole sniping in the game which is already hard.

Atleast text messaging gives you some distance. In any case, this doesn't matter right now.

And BTW how do you want a chopper get down? Want to yell towards it from the ground?

Edited by CPT Sikorski
12 minutes ago, CPT Sikorski said:

Well it is initiation now so that hasnt any value now at this point. If you cannot text initiate you will remove the whole sniping in the game which is already hard.

Atleast text messaging gives you some distance. In any case, this doesn't matter right now.

And BTW how do you want a chopper get down? Want to yell towards it from the ground?

The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't know someones name unless you have already interacted with them prior. Abusing the tilde key to find someones name that you have never seen or met before is the problem. Text messages wouldn't be as bad then but when you don't know the person who is texting you then you aren't 100% sure if you should comply or not. In many situations the people you are trying to rob or "Hands up or die" don't know whether it is a bounty hunter who is going to throw you in jail or someone that is trying to take what you have. So I take that back text messages are a grey area and the tilde button should be removed. You should have to be interaction range to notice someones name unless you can identify them by another marking. (Clothing, Car, etc...)

1 hour ago, Tyreck said:

The fact of the matter is that you shouldn't know someones name unless you have already interacted with them prior. Abusing the tilde key to find someones name that you have never seen or met before is the problem. Text messages wouldn't be as bad then but when you don't know the person who is texting you then you aren't 100% sure if you should comply or not. In many situations the people you are trying to rob or "Hands up or die" don't know whether it is a bounty hunter who is going to throw you in jail or someone that is trying to take what you have. So I take that back text messages are a grey area and the tilde button should be removed. You should have to be interaction range to notice someones name unless you can identify them by another marking. (Clothing, Car, etc...)

You should join a true RP server not a light a light RP server then.

If you want it your way then RDM should be allowed at all times.

Anyway, this is going offtopic now

Edited by CPT Sikorski

Could be nice, but imagine the situation. 

I'm ina big gang driving in the air strip, my whole gang receives a hands up or die message when you are trying to kill a bunch of them in Sophia. You are in a gang, we are engaged, and I happen to see one of your gang mates in front of me, with a box truck full apparently of coke, im gonna kill him, because I don't know if it was me the one you wanted to kill. Then your friend is going to claim RDM. But it was all your fault.

1 hour ago, PublicEnemy said:

I got a question. if this was implemented it could initiate a whole gang initiation which automatically makes names red? @Gnashes

The names of the text senders would be red; not the other way around.

(That's not going to happen anyway; but yes, it would be possible)

On 12/9/2016 at 4:58 PM, Tyreck said:

Image result for fuck off

13 minutes ago, bamf said:

We already have gang initiation in game - it's called Gang Wars.  Otherwise, you need to initiate with the people you intend to shoot.  The aggression system handles most outliers, but as was stated above if you text one person and then shoot another you risk being banned for RDM.  

Yeah, I thought all of that was logged (messages). Enjoying my 2 week ban now (( Deleted my evidence day before.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2016 at 9:58 AM, Tyreck said:

WTF? Go back to A3L. Also, if you text initiate a gang member that is NEAR you, then it should automatically count as initiating all of their gang mates who happen to be nearby. I think it's pretty stupid that their gang mates near them aren't counted as being initiated. Besides, 99.9% of the time once you initiate on a gang member who has buddies nearby, they all start unloading in your direction regardless. Why not just simplify rules of engagement instead of making it such a complicated headache? 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
On 12/9/2016 at 10:13 AM, Gnashes said:

Not necessarily.

that is not fair tho you told 1 guy hands up or die either that person needs to be the only 1 to be initiated on and your other member has to initiate on the first initiator or you need to have an all button I had a gang do that too be I got banned for rdm you can look at the reports got banned for killing a member of a gang when I initiated on another member.

if it is like that then shit il tell my gang members ahead of time don't let us know you got initiated on and let me report them for rdm just to be a dick like other people do.

10 minutes ago, Ghostshot said:

that is not fair tho you told 1 guy hands up or die either that person needs to be the only 1 to be initiated on and your other member has to initiate on the first initiator or you need to have an all button I had a gang do that too be I got banned for rdm you can look at the reports got banned for killing a member of a gang when I initiated on another member.

if it is like that then shit il tell my gang members ahead of time don't let us know you got initiated on and let me report them for rdm just to be a dick like other people do.

If the person who sends the texts is inclusive of you in their instructions to your gangmate ("You and your gang, hands up or I'll shoot you"); you're fair game. Responsibility then rests on your gangmate to adequately inform you all.

But hey; I'm not an Admin. So as for what will get you banned or not :shrug: