Took me an two hours to gather 330 barley to fill crate. Towards the end of it I wanted to shoot my self because of how boring it is but I don't really care. I have a crate full of new make now and just waiting on my barrels to get done. I do agree that maybe the barley bushes should give out 1-3 barley per bush, but not every bush being barley.

It's not that it takes too long it's just you guys haven't found the proper way yet. It's been less than a week no ones found the best way to do it as of yet.

Me? I do it as I drive from athria to the distill I can get about 40-90 barely and take a little bit extra during the 5-9 minute drive 

1 minute ago, Mc Duushe said:

It's not that it takes too long it's just you guys haven't found the proper way yet. It's been less than a week no ones found the best way to do it as of yet.

Me? I do it as I drive from athria to the distill I can get about 40-90 barely and take a little bit extra during the 5-9 minute drive 

I have a place that has around 300 barley, i then store it in my house and do sports or suv runs ready to put in my barrel

Unlike meth where you mostly collect 3 ingredients, when running scotch, barley is literally the only thing you need to collect. You can buy everything else at the market which takes a couple of seconds. I think it's fine the way it is in terms of time. 

Edited by Inquisitor
5 hours ago, Diseased said:

Im not saying that... im saying if you want to Age it. You have to be there for the RESTARTS for it to age, not by how long you play.

It ages even you are not online. Yesterday, put in a full batch, logged off for the night, got on in the afternoon today and all but 20 were 25 year old scotch

Blake. likes this
4 hours ago, Inquisitor said:

Unlike meth were you mostly collect 3 ingredients, when running scotch, barley is literally the only thing you need to collect. You can buy everything else at the market which takes a couple of seconds. I think it's fine the way it is in terms of time. 

Most people collect the water as well. However,that is a fair point. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2016 at 1:56 AM, Scott said:

IMO, gathering barley takes too long. To gather a hatchback sport and backpack full (196) took me almost 45 minutes. I think it should be like berries, you can get anywhere from 1-3 barley per bush, as the bushes are a pain to find compared to reeds for the other ingredients.

There is an area about 2-3k west of athira and about a 2k S.E of DP5 that has roughly 400 Barley. 

I collected it all in well under 30 minutes. 

Upload a Screenshot when i get home.

Edited by wr4thx
22 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Scotch is a good passive moneymaker I think it's fine as is. 

Is it making too much money though?  I mean that question honestly as well - even though I get that people want to make money.  Is it something that if left unchecked is going to mess up the economy?

Scotch is good money but it takes a lot to get it.

I'm not sure if you need to be a donor level 1 to place barrels but you first need a house, the barrels, get the three ingredients, process the scotch without getting sniped from every direction or getting caught by cops and wait 4+ restarts to get it too 25 year old. Its the same price as meth but takes a lot more to do and you need to be a player who has been on the servers for a while to do it.

Tiger likes this
12 minutes ago, bamf said:

Is it making too much money though?  I mean that question honestly as well - even though I get that people want to make money.  Is it something that if left unchecked is going to mess up the economy?

No, it takes 6 restarts for a whole barrel to be done and I have 5 barrels so I make about 300k every 6 restarts which is ok money. I think it's fine where it's at, especially since picking barley is harder than just AFKing at the hydrogen mine.

It is nice though that I can play the game and passively make money, although it's not as much as meth it's still good money. Once cops start checking distillery more often it will get even harder.

I think the reason why people prefer Scotch over meth is because, you don't need the cartel and it's a bit safer since the only illegal thing is the finished product as where meth has ephedra also.

Who ever chose the location and the Mechanic of making scotch is smart and momentarily it will be good money but once gangs and cops start camping the Spirit Distillery it will get harder ( p.s buy your server 3 protected scotch runs ;) )

Like Wang said only veteran players with 2+ houses with good locations will make alot of money from this, also these people need patience to gather thousands of Barley. For the newer players well they HAVE to donate to make any real money and even then a meth run is better.

I prefer Scotch though just because it's a a new side of the map that I actually enjoy and can't wait to get some good fights at the distillery  ( other than you damn admins who vested my ifrit )

I'd suggest that the scotch should age every 60 minutes you are online rather than by restarts .

Example.

Every 60 minutes 20 scotch of each age should move up to the next age, such as

67 new make scotch turns into 20 scotch and 47 new make after 60 minutes, the next 60 minutes it should be 20 fifteen year old scotch, 20 scotch and 27 new make scotch, then 20 twenty five year old scotch, 20 fifteen year old scotch, 20 scotch and 7 new make.

Just my opinion

Edited by Diseased
SV Paul and Haych like this
2 hours ago, Diseased said:

"these people need patience to gather thousands of Barley. For the newer players well they HAVE to donate to make any real money "

You do not need to collect thousands of barley ,it all depends on how many ageing barrels you have.you can collect 200+ in one run ,you could just collect barley every day or restart and stack it up if your to lazy to just run around for a hour and pick it up.

i am 80% sure you DO not need to be a Donator to Buy Ageing Barrels (Could be wrong),so you can still age the scotch then sell it ,it just means you can not store it in that house unless you obtain donator level 2 to buy crates.

imo, scotch, barley and alcohol in general is fine how it is, you store it in your house, and when you need the money, you get it out and sell it, it takes longer, but it makes more than anything else, if you need instant cash, do meth, i see alcohol as a money storage kinda thing, take it out the barrel, put it in a crate, when you need to buy an orca or ifrit or your just getting low on money in general just sell a bunch.

Sheriff Rick Grimes and Leftie like this