Scotch barrels

20 minutes ago, HelloImTony said:

Cocaine S5 and Meth is pretty buffed up, I don't see why scotch should have such a nerf. Some people have houses split around the north-western part of the map, and for them it's more of a struggle than just these 5 minutes. I've heard lots of people selling their scotch-houses moving over to meth recently, but idk

sadly It's true i was searching purchaseable houses for meth side :(

It's not a aimed nerf at scotch, it's just a side effect from trying to fix the server preformance issues.

As far as i know part of the problem is that when people join the server it loads all their crates and that uses up memory. Whenever they log off that memory doesn't get released so at some point the server will be overwhelmed and mass battleeye kicks.

So unfortunately either it's shitty or not, it's necessary to fix the server and the side effects aren't that gamebreaking it just requires a small effort from the player to let your scotch age.

tonyyyyy and FudgeR like this

You couldn't possibly make it so that you could "show contents" on all you houses from the server-menu in-game? I mean when you press "Y" to check 'Market', 'My gang' etc etc.

Might be too much to ask, but that would remove this side-effect affecting the scotch-runners, aswell as removing the unnessecary memory-pressure put on the server.

Just a suggestion, everyone would be happy :shrug:

Midamaru and FudgeR like this

Passive money just cause it sits in ur house for a long time.... so I guess meth is passive money I collect the mats and let it sit in my house and wait for the right time to process it then wait for the rright time to sell it. Wow meth is so easy... it's so passive... all u do is process 2 times at same location and then sell... why is scotch so much less money??? @Gnashes

FudgeR likes this
30 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

See

So no, we won't be adding an easy button to spawn in every crate on every house. That would completely circumvent everything we're trying to accomplish by making the crates not spawn in by default.

What about the scotch aging without having to "show contents"? Wouldn't that fix everything?

Ok.... then at least bring up the sell price of the scotch it take 3 items to make and HOURS to process to make even a decent amount of money for it... meth takes 3 items and take 30min? And meth sells for 400$ more? @Gnashes maybe to make people feel better bout doing a increase is needed plz... spawning around after every restart and doing all the collecting and processing and selling I feel it needs a bump....

Edited by bigjohn561
tonyyyyy likes this
5 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Ok.... then at least bring up the sell price of the scotch it take 3 items to make and HOURS to process to make even a decent amount of money for it... meth takes 3 items and take 30min? And meth sells for 400$ more? @Gnashes maybe to make people feel better bout doing a increase is needed plz... spawning around after every restart and doing all the collecting and processing and selling I feel it needs a bump....

The distillery is the safest redzone I know and the aging is passive.... You just have to log on an open the barrel yet another safe act.  Scotch is fine, they buffed meth so people would do it again, why would they circumvent that by making it irrelevant again.  

10 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

It's easier that you go and do a different activity than as Gnashes or any dev for a fix because you can no longer make money in a (almost) safe spot. 

In the 6 months a remake scotch to afford my cop life, only the realizing week I found people in distillery. 

Why it's passive money, cause it gives you more money the more it's resting in your house. Don't want to let it rest? Go and straight sell it. I think you are finding a problem to every solution the dev/admin team comes to. 

Then we will have people complaining about how much they miss the RP in Stratis with meth and why they can no longer have hemmts runs of meth in Stratis without risking anything. 

@HotWings I go the spirit distillery and I almost always run into someone... same with meth maybe I just have bad luck? @Mike Santamaria no I am not just finding something wrong I just disagree on the passive money part.. just because it makes u more money when u let it age doesn't make it passive considering ur doing more work then running stuff like meth.. only reason I'm comparing meth is because u need 3 things and meth u process 2 times and scotch u collect 3 things and u process once and then u HAVE to own a house with a barrel and wait for HOURS I'm just think it needs a little bump to at least make the scotch guys feel like it's worth it again... but then again it's just my opinion.

Edited by bigjohn561
31 minutes ago, Tusken Raider said:

You do it anyway after being wiped might as well just speed up the process.

Why this comment? Everyone is doing fine just talking bout this and u bring in toxic comment? There is no need for it plz. Let's talk bout this without just trying to attack someone.. give it a try..

7 hours ago, Midamaru said:

It's not a aimed nerf at scotch, it's just a side effect from trying to fix the server preformance issues.

As far as i know part of the problem is that when people join the server it loads all their crates and that uses up memory. Whenever they log off that memory doesn't get released so at some point the server will be overwhelmed and mass battleeye kicks.

So unfortunately either it's shitty or not, it's necessary to fix the server and the side effects aren't that gamebreaking it just requires a small effort from the player to let your scotch age.

What he said.

7 hours ago, HelloImTony said:

You couldn't possibly make it so that you could "show contents" on all you houses from the server-menu in-game? I mean when you press "Y" to check 'Market', 'My gang' etc etc.

Might be too much to ask, but that would remove this side-effect affecting the scotch-runners, aswell as removing the unnessecary memory-pressure put on the server.

Just a suggestion, everyone would be happy :shrug:

No, that would completely defeat the purpose of the change from a server performance standpoint.  

6 hours ago, Legit said:

Do they have to be active over the restart or just shown once inside a restart?

Just shown once.  

3 hours ago, bigjohn561 said:

Passive money? U have to buy 2 of the items then run around collecting barley then go process it in a red zone... then store it in ur house and then go to a red zone to sell it.... how is that passive? @Gnashes

Let's face it, Scotch is pretty much free money.  You have zero illegal contraband until you get to the red zone (unlike every other illegal activity).  Further, once you leave that red zone you can store the items in your house to have them vastly increase in value (again, unlike every other illegal activity).  The only thing left to do is make a trip to Wong's, and that is less camped than most drug dealers anyway.  

2 hours ago, massi said:

not to mention it takes a very long time for it to actually materialize into money

Nah, given that it's something you can be "making money" from while doing other things it's actually very good money.

56 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Why would we bring up the price of something that is passive?  Again, it's a minor inconvenience while we wait for the Arma code to get a much needed upgrade.  

Now, onto the root cause of all of this - the memory issues on the server.  I'm hopeful that today we will begin converting the requisite DLLs to 4-bit version so that we can start testing the new 64-bit server itself.  We will do our best to be fully ready by the time the actual code is released into production.  

Legit likes this

As someone who runs both scotch and meth, scotch is overwhelmingly more passive and easier than meth. I can run scotch easy breezy with 80 people on the server; I don't touch meth (solo) the moment 5cops/50 people hit the server. And as far as gathering the ingredients, meth ingredients feel as though they take twice as long to gather. For me, scotch is just afk/backup money that I work on every now and then.

If you're running scotch and having issues with money, I am going to say you're doing something wrong.

23 minutes ago, bigjohn561 said:

Why this comment? Everyone is doing fine just talking bout this and u bring in toxic comment? There is no need for it plz. Let's talk bout this without just trying to attack someone.. give it a try..

I'm not being toxic or attacking someone in stating facts. The only people that camped distillery was the Chinese and even then they weren't at it on all 4 servers. Scotch is the easiest way to make money you complain I have to wait hours for a product that had no threat to increase in value while I can do other things so I'm making money while waiting then selling it at places that no one watches. Everyone dies 3-4 times a restart cop, civ, or medic if it's from gang fights, car crashes, or rdmers. Maybe I should use alternative facts so I'm not "attacking" someone.

On 2/1/2017 at 9:27 AM, Gnashes said:

See

So no, we won't be adding an easy button to spawn in every crate on every house. That would completely circumvent everything we're trying to accomplish by making the crates not spawn in by default.

maybe you could make so that you automatically have your scotch barrels spawn, but keep the other's hidden?  Or set some of the crates as a default spawn and have the other ones where you have click "show crates."