Combat Lag help

1 hour ago, william said:

Mitch, u run the same settings I used to run, you need to lower your terrain/object setting, mine is on standard atm, idk why but you can try high and if that doesnt work go to standard, also do as eleec said and lower ur FSAA all of these helped me fix my same issue, gl man.

5 hours ago, James.Anderson said:

Try turning your render distance down to 300-600m, you should see less lagg in combat. :) but lagg like this happens to us all unfortunately:shrug:.

I did end up turning them down. the post provided were the pictures I used for setting them in the first place. 

3 hours ago, NotSoNutty said:

Are you useing Shadowplay and if so, do you use shadowplay on the same HardDrive as Arma3?

I had insane combat lag aswell but outside combat everything was all fine. I only had a HDD at the time and in my case Shadowplay took away a lot of FPS. I got a SSD, installed Arma3 on SSD and use shadowplay on HDD. I got +30 FPS, going on 70+ currently.

I only have GTX 970, 8GB RAM and I5 4460.. :P

I am using obs to record. my next investment will be with a ssd as many have suggested. and it seems that I get about 60 to 70 frames. but going into a city is a death with for me. if I'm driving I have to crawl into town otherwise I drop most of my frames and have a bit of an issue. 

Edited by (IFRIT)Mitch
40 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

so basically disable and don't "zoom" on the scope during a fight?

when is the last time you reformatted? might be time for a fresh install

you should not be lagging that bad with an i5 & 960

my buddy has an amd fx6300 and some random card, and he can play somewhat

Edited by JAY1HP
9 hours ago, xclusive said:

I mean thats arma if you dont have a good PC you will get lag. Upgrading ur CPU will help lag but if you cant do that here are some tips off my head to increase fps. 

Run game in high priority(Works for half the people I tell but when I do i get double the frames so try it) Go to task manager > Details tab > Find ArmA3.exe or w/e its called. > Right click > Set priority > High Priority. This will make your computer prioritize arma instead of things like chrome or others.

Lower view distance helps.

Go to Nvidia control panel > Manage 3d > Find ArmA 3 in programs > In power management mode select prefer maximum performance.

In ArmA 3 .cfg in your documents folder find GPU_MaxFramesAhead and change it to 1. Do it also to  GPU_DetectedFramesAhead.

look into overclocking your CPU, it could be complicated but just search for a youtube video guide on your cpu.

Also I noticed i was having large FPS drops when shooting and only when shooting. I fixed it with turning particles on low. Im not sure it will work for you but it helped me a lot. 

doesnt rlly do shit tbh... i have done 99% of arma 3 tweaking shit maybe a frame or two, what really helps is, disabling windows firewall, windows defender is on for me, malware bytes (antivirus turn it off, and i have zonealarm best firewall protector ever when its on but i got it off for arma, then razer cortex some razer shit that actually works alright, try it out. 

11 hours ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

That's what i thought for a while. But it was happening anytime i tried to use my scope. So I went without using it today and it still happened. I can be in the middle of nowhere and attempt to pull up my scope and i still am lagging behind in doing so. 

Do you have an ssd

50 minutes ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Nope, its in the shopping chart though

I found that an ssd helps with my frame consistency more then anything else while in game. It also helps with the game launching faster too. It didn't necessarily give more frames I just see far less drops or freezes then I use to.

Edited by Steve
Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
23 minutes ago, Addon said:

http://imgur.com/a/7ytfZ

try these in-game settings. also probably mentioned before, (haven't read everything) i'd suggest getting a ssd. I have a 4790k / 970 and was getting similar lag spikes in combat / going into towns. when I got my ssd, I rarely drop below 40 fps no matter what I do. my game runs much, much smoother.

I'll compare these to what I'm running and make the needed changes. Hopefully it will help, driving into towns has been a killer, literally.