How to increase the rate of prison breaks?

1 hour ago, Nightfury said:

cops didnt complain about the pyrgos prison for years, especially after swat was added. in fact more cops started complaining that nobody would do prison breaks and that they were bored after the prison was first moved.

Ohh I'm not so sure about that.  I remember people complaining about the old prison a lot back in the day.  Mostly it was cops complaining that their only option was to make a suicide mission rush down the gauntlet of death that was the bridge.  Then the rebels would complain that all the cops did was rush the bridge or snipe instead of hot drop on the island or swim up.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong in their complaints, but people certainly did complain about the old prison.  I think that over time, nostalgia has left a rosy glow on those memories and we tend to remember only the good parts.  Nostalgia is funny like that. ;) 

Nightfury and MrClean like this
Just now, Olivia said:

Ohh I'm not so sure about that.  I remember people complaining about the old prison a lot back in the day.  Mostly it was cops complaining that their only option was to make a suicide mission rush down the gauntlet of death that was the bridge.  Then the rebels would complain that all the cops did was rush the bridge or snipe instead of hot drop on the island or swim up.

I'm not saying either side is right or wrong in their complaints, but people certainly did complain about the old prison.  I think that over time, nostalgia has left a rosy glow on those memories and we tend to remember only the good parts.  Nostalgia is funny like that. ;) 

well some people are going to complain no matter what. for all the years of asylums success as a server, prison was there, and everyone (at least that i spoke to on cop and civ) wasnt rly complaining. at least not as much as right now with the new prison. i dont rly remember any forum posts/discussions about the old prison.

Olivia likes this
10 minutes ago, Nightfury said:

well some people are going to complain no matter what. for all the years of asylums success as a server, prison was there, and everyone (at least that i spoke to on cop and civ) wasnt rly complaining. at least not as much as right now with the new prison. i dont rly remember any forum posts/discussions about the old prison.

The cops that complain about the old prison are the ones who don't know what combat stance is

massi, Olivia, Nightfury and 1 other like this

Its so easy to land a humming on the prison if anyone is a slightly competent player. 

If you're that worried about players camping in the prison itself, expand the original compound and create a region that TPs players out if they enter the region (inside the walls) (state no jailed civs etc). This way you cant bitch and complain about: 

"WAHAHHAHAHHAAHAH HE'S CAMPING IN THE PRISON FUCKING CHEATER EXPLIT PUSSY WAHHHHAHHWAHHAHWH" 

Also TP all the jailed civs to a locked building that way they cant shank officers that inevitably fall inside and become useless. 

Add a Swat Orca deploy point.

Also, you could make SWAT get different deploy points based on the ranks on. Say if an LT signs into SWAT when something starts, they can pick a deploy point not avalible to say, Corporals. IE a Huron spawn. This way they get their "free gear" a free "MORE armored chopper" and they get to use LT gear that they otherwise wouldnt use because they would just bitch and complain. Really not sure why an HELI deploy points havent been added. 

Will likes this
3 hours ago, HotWings said:

All told 30 people have said something about the prison on the forums.  At any time during peak hours there are any where from 400-500 people on the servers....  Just because people dont use the forums does not mean they are not active members.  Its very annoying when people try to claim "the majority" when its literally less than 1%  

Oh right, so what server do you play on and around about what time do these active members of the community initiate a prison break, break their friends out and express their joy for it?

I'm really interested.

thero and Patato like this
19 minutes ago, Matthew said:

Oh right, so what server do you play on and around about what time do these active members of the community initiate a prison break, break their friends out and express their joy for it?

I'm really interested.

I would go through and link you all of the lovely montages that flooded the forums just before Pyrgos prison was removed, but I don't have that type of time or fucks given. It was a lot of fun though, even for cop, I enjoyed it.

Like fuck man, even big dickin' it across the bridge was fun, especially if you made that shit, you were in a fucking sick spot to pop off.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
15 hours ago, Gnashes said:

Paratus dislikes prison island. It will not go back there.

You have helicopters that can carry a full group and get to prison in <5 minutes from Rebel.

It's not the location, people just don't want to do anything that's not "shoot the cop running across a small bridge in a straight line".

I don't think you're taking in that 

1. Prison is bad

2. It doesn't fucking work

3.The Prison, is harder to complete than a Fed.

I think Paratus should just go with the community for once, he has tried making the prison something fancy. It doesn't work, won't work and will never be fun. 

Just go back to old prison already jesus christ.

Edited by Eazy
massi likes this
57 minutes ago, Axe said:

I've said this in the past. SWAT should always spawn at HQ together with desired armour. The idea is to get the APD to work as a team together with SWAT. Let them go in together. What usually happens when SWAT pick MRAP is that the Strider gets wiped before the rest of the cops even get to the area, same with rest of the spawns. They should be leaving the HQ together with everyone else, not getting some magic TP to the location which makes no sense what so ever. Working as a team should be encouraged, and unfortunately the current way SWAT deploys doesn't help that.

This way the cops can utilise the free armour that they receive instead of getting wiped first thing. Addition of a SWAT Orca/Huron sounds amazing as well. Teammwork is the only way you can break strong defences, and that doesn't help when all 5 of your free MK-1's get wiped instantly because they get to the location faster than everyone else.

Edited by Haych
Olivia and Silver-Spy like this
6 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

I would go through and link you all of the lovely montages that flooded the forums just before Pyrgos prison was removed, but I don't have that type of time or fucks given. It was a lot of fun though, even for cop, I enjoyed it.

Like fuck man, even big dickin' it across the bridge was fun, especially if you made that shit, you were in a fucking sick spot to pop off.

I was talking about the new prison. I loved the old one :)

2 hours ago, Matthew said:

I'm really interested.

You're totally right dude. ONLY the people who use the forums play the game.  

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

You're totally right dude. ONLY the people who use the forums play the game.  

I was clearly referencing these players not doing prisons and therefore they clearly don't like them as much as we don't like them, and the simple fact that not even large gangs can do the prison makes me believe that pistol banger's from Kavala can't either. When was the last time you saw a prison even close to completed (which it can't be) by a group of people who aren't particularly known on the forums?

Edited by Matthew
15 hours ago, Matthew said:

I was clearly referencing these players not doing prisons and therefore they clearly don't like them as much as we don't like them, and the simple fact that not even large gangs can do the prison makes me believe that pistol banger's from Kavala can't either. When was the last time you saw a prison even close to completed (which it can't be) by a group of people who aren't particularly known on the forums?

See comments about fish in a barrel and not being able to just slaughter people anymore with no repercussions.  That is all it boils down too.  

To Haych's point the reward was breaking your friend out of jail, that was the prison breaks intended purpose yes?  They break out, you kill them, they respawn get an orca, and you escape with no fucks given because you get to hide in a fortress for however long that takes.  I've played it on both ends, and yea its alot more fun as a rebel

The fact that no one has even fought there yet since its broken and you are still whining about it constantly just proves you don't give a shit about the prison itself, just the act of being able to kill people who are required to respond over and over until you run out of ammo.

Edited by HotWings
2 hours ago, HotWings said:

you are still whining about it constantly just proves you don't give a shit about the prison itself, just the act of being able to kill people who are required to respond over and over until you run out of ammo.

18 hours ago, Matthew said:

When was the last time you saw a prison even close to completed (which it can't be)

Treeontyn likes this
22 hours ago, Axe said:

Its so easy to land a humming on the prison if anyone is a slightly competent player. 

If you're that worried about players camping in the prison itself, expand the original compound and create a region that TPs players out if they enter the region (inside the walls) (state no jailed civs etc). This way you cant bitch and complain about: 

"WAHAHHAHAHHAAHAH HE'S CAMPING IN THE PRISON FUCKING CHEATER EXPLIT PUSSY WAHHHHAHHWAHHAHWH" 

Also TP all the jailed civs to a locked building that way they cant shank officers that inevitably fall inside and become useless. 

Also, you could make SWAT get different deploy points based on the ranks on. Say if an LT signs into SWAT when something starts, they can pick a deploy point not avalible to say, Corporals. IE a Huron spawn. This way they get their "free gear" a free "MORE armored chopper" and they get to use LT gear that they otherwise wouldnt use because they would just bitch and complain. Really not sure why an HELI deploy points havent been added. 

+1 swat getting helicopters has to be fleshed out a little bit more but regardless it'd be a great start.

22 hours ago, Haych said:

I've said this in the past. SWAT should always spawn at HQ together with desired armour. The idea is to get the APD to work as a team together with SWAT. Let them go in together. What usually happens when SWAT pick MRAP is that the Strider gets wiped before the rest of the cops even get to the area, same with rest of the spawns. They should be leaving the HQ together with everyone else, not getting some magic TP to the location which makes no sense what so ever. Working as a team should be encouraged, and unfortunately the current way SWAT deploys doesn't help that.

This way the cops can utilise the free armour that they receive instead of getting wiped first thing. Addition of a SWAT Orca/Huron sounds amazing as well. Teammwork is the only way you can break strong defences, and that doesn't help when all 5 of your free MK-1's get wiped instantly because they get to the location faster than everyone else.

I agree 

1 minute ago, Haych said:

A reward which can be achieved by doing Jury which takes less than 5 minutes with 0 effort and money

^^ exactly let's not lie the main motive for doing prisons (at least it used to be) was to be able to easily slaughter cops, which makes for some of the most fun and interesting fights in Asylum. 

Edited by BioHazard
Silver-Spy likes this
On 27 February 2017 at 8:08 PM, Vanilla Coke said:

Agreed. Even cop was fun, some people tried to shark and pop up by the shore, others tried the classic hunter push across the bridge whilst ramming a hemmt out the way. So many good memories and now the prison break mechanic might as well have been straight up  removed. 

Edited by BioHazard
5 hours ago, Revolt McLovin said:

Its not like in real life they can do a prison break easy, prison breaks are meant to be hard and brutal. Cops being fish in a barrel is not realistic.

There also aren't rules on shooting somebody in real life either, you can just do it. There aren't rules on hitting somebody with your car in real life too, you can just do it.

This game is not real.

5 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

There also aren't rules on shooting somebody in real life either, you can just do it. There aren't rules on hitting somebody with your car in real life too, you can just do it.

This game is not real.

Why we have the RDM rule is because you must have a proper roleplay reason to kill someone, kinda like in real life. Sure this is a light rp so you have 12 year olds screaming hands up or die and give you .00000001 response time.

14 hours ago, BioHazard said:

^^ exactly let's not lie the main motive for doing prisons (at least it used to be) was to be able to easily slaughter cops, which makes for some of the most fun and interesting fights in Asylum. 

So you're complaining about not having a slaughterfeast thus proving the point that the prison was broken. Why would they put it back?  

Edited by HotWings
55 minutes ago, Revolt McLovin said:

Why we have the RDM rule is because you must have a proper roleplay reason to kill someone, kinda like in real life. Sure this is a light rp so you have 12 year olds screaming hands up or die and give you .00000001 response time.

Idk what real life you live in but I can just straight up murder my neighbor for no reason. Will I? No, probably not. I like my neighbor and I don't want to go to jail. But I can do it, I will just have to face the consequences (aka a jail sentence) not an rdm ban that says I can't live for 3 days. The only thing even remotely close to resembling real life in this game is ballistics, and even those aren't perfect.

22 hours ago, HotWings said:

When is the last time you seen someone even try?  Exactly

When it first came out, they realized how fucking aids it was still and there hasn't been one since, hence why it needs to be relocated back to the old way or at least re-done. 

So you're complaining about not having a slaughterfeast thus proving the point that the prison was broken. Why would they put it back?  

What else do you want the prison to be? Role-play your friend out of jail? One of the main reasons people play this server is to kill and have fun killing, many rebels simply do not enjoy rp'ing along with many other people; hence why prison's were being carried out. And I have no idea why you're complaining about slaughterfests because EVERY single event that can be triggered on the server by rebels is centered around killing each-other back and fourth. Of course it is a slaughter fest on cop when there is no player cap, no money requirement as you spawn with a SPAR-16, unlimited respawns and the ability to be back at the prison within a few minutes. 

Maybe they will put it back when they realize almost no-one enjoys the new prison's location, let alone the mechanic.

Edited by Matthew

3 minutes ago, Matthew said:

What else do you want the prison to be? Role-play your friend out of jail? One of the main reasons people play this server is to kill and have fun killing, many rebels simply do not enjoy rp'ing along with many other people; hence why prison's were being carried out. And I have no idea why you're complaining about slaughterfests because EVERY single event that can be triggered on the server by rebels is centered around killing each-other back and fourth. Of course it is a slaughter fest on cop when there is no player cap, no money requirement as you spawn with a SPAR-16, unlimited respawns and the ability to be back at the prison within a few minutes. 

Maybe they will put it back when they realize almost no-one enjoys the new prison's location, let alone the mechanic.

Silver-Spy likes this
8 minutes ago, Haych said:

The days when you'd get messaged "Lets do a 3man prison" and you'll jump on without any hesitation :FeelsBadMan:

Thus again proving how broken it was.  

30 minutes ago, Matthew said:

When it first came out, they realized how fucking aids it was still and there hasn't been one since, hence why it needs to be relocated back to the old way or at least re-done. 

Bank-money and gold bars, Fed gold bars.  While they may kill people in the process the goal is not intended to sit there and just kill people endlessly.  Those locations are also balanced with legit locations to push from and shoot from that dont require lethal force.  I was part of a large gang for over a year, i know how it works.

Edited by HotWings
Just now, Haych said:

You seem to me like one of those career cops who only complained about the prison because you was dog shit at the game :fail:

You sound like one of those salty rebels who are made he moved the prison because you have to use actual tactics now.

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

You sound like one of those salty rebels who are made he moved the prison because you have to use actual tactics now.

One of my favourite tactics include; sitting there and waiting to die because, wait, you guessed it; the prison doesn't work.

18 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Yeah because cartels take no tactics at all, i'm mad now because I have to use them now :fail:. Jesus you're actually retarded.

Just now, Haych said:

Yeah because cartels take no tactics at all, i'm mad now because I have to use them now :fail:. Jesus you're actually retarded.

Cartel-=prison?  Come on now, how are you even trying to compare old prison to a cartel?  Are you sure I'm the retarded one?