DSLR Camera's

I'm looking to get into photography and am looking for a good one for~700 euro's or so.

A few things i'm looking for that is good and nice to have but not a necessity are the following:

• Wireless transferring of pictures.
  • Water proof ( not that i take it underwater but like that splashes of water don't damage it.)
  • Quite a high MP count ~24.
  • High ISO count.
  • Decently high battery life.

Tho i forgot that we're on an gaming community and nobody goes outside buts its worth a shot.

Half the things you mentioned you don't need to worry about.

A lot mid range DSLR's are usually splash proof, you won't find a water proof one. Don't worry about a high megapixel count unless you plan to print the images.
Don't worry about battery life as spare batteries are cheap and portable anyway.

A camera is only as good as the glass you put in front of it. When I used to shoot videos, my lenses used to cost more than my camera. Lenses last for ever with right care, cameras don't.

The things you need to look for is a good sensor and some good glass to go along with the camera. Let me know what sort of photography you wan't to do and i'd be able to direct you with some combinations.

High ISO does not really matter, as you don't really want to go higher than 800 or so. Not to mention mid range DSLRs usually have decently high ISO. 

Splash proof - most of the DSLRs can handle a little bit of rain drop, however, there is aftermarket plastic case or ziplock bag for those who need extra care. 

I would look for : steady tripod, lens and lens filter. Lens filter is really important, you can buy a $1000 lens and get a quality of $200 one because of bad lens filter.

For general purpose, I would say Nikon D5300 or D5500. Look around couple of places and you'll be able to find cheap ones. 

If I were you I would wait til graduation season. Lots of art students/art majors trying to sell of gear they will no longer use. Most of it is high end and immaculent condition. 

Focus on lenses. They can be used universally with adapters on most other bodies. Bodies are generally cheaper. Wouldnt worry to much about ISO, most cameras have a  pretty standard set. And unless you're specifically focusing low light, I wouldn't worry.

Camera, couple lenses, polarizing filters, cheap tripod that you trust, and Photoshop CC if you want to edit. 

Maybe a cable release or external flash, but these are really situational. 

Haych likes this
7 hours ago, Haych said:

Half the things you mentioned you don't need to worry about.

A lot mid range DSLR's are usually splash proof, you won't find a water proof one. Don't worry about a high megapixel count unless you plan to print the images.
Don't worry about battery life as spare batteries are cheap and portable anyway.

A camera is only as good as the glass you put in front of it. When I used to shoot videos, my lenses used to cost more than my camera. Lenses last for ever with right care, cameras don't.

The things you need to look for is a good sensor and some good glass to go along with the camera. Let me know what sort of photography you wan't to do and i'd be able to direct you with some combinations.

I meant splash proof not water proof, Couldn't think of the word. Thanks for the tips. @Haych @Not a Block @Axe

Also the reason i am looking for a decent ISO count is cause i'm used to underwater photography where light is really dim or just gone completely. 

Edited by TheCrestedPenguin