Hardware question

Midamaru

Absolutely but as far as ignite, probably not. Your shit will only ignite if you have like a faulty part or something. If it gets too hot it will usually shutdown automatically to prevent any damage anyway. If your pc is running over 80-90C under load then you need to start figuring out where the problem is or upgrading your shit ie. fans, cooling, parts etc. Idle temps are fine around 25-40C give or take. Anything over that is out of the ordinary. Best option is to get watercooling.

And case fans are usually a good thing to have.

Edit: what are your specs?

Edited by Sean That Irish Guy
Just now, Midamaru said:

Right now between 60-75, but as the weather will get hotter and hotter i wonder if i really need to turn on case fans or somehow cool my room better

Lower ambient temp is always nice and I'd recommend turning on your fans if it's getting to hot. You could always try to change your fan curve for the temps and see if wire management could be increasing the temps too.

Just now, Tusken Raider said:

Lower ambient temp is always nice and I'd recommend turning on your fans if it's getting to hot. You could always try to change your fan curve for the temps and see if wire management could be increasing the temps too.

Did you just assume i actually manage my cables? They're in a bunch :D 

Just now, Sean That Irish Guy said:

Absolutely but as far as ignite, probably not. Your shit will only ignite if you have like a faulty part or something. If it gets too hot it will usually shutdown automatically to prevent any damage anyway. If your pc is running over 80-90C under load then you need to start figuring out where the problem is or upgrading your shit ie. fans, cooling, parts etc. Idle temps are fine around 25-40C give or take. Anything over that is out of the ordinary. Best option is to get watercooling.

And case fans are usually a good thing to have.

Edit: what are your specs?

c1bf63eb90f06fd4a5c3292279d36382.png

Casefans are off, i'm gonna try switch them on now.

Is there any software to increase the gpu fan speed, or do i have to go into the bios for those settings?

I got a tiny room with a window right above my desk, the sun shines brightly on it all day so my room gets quite hot.

Just now, Midamaru said:

Is there any software to increase the gpu fan speed, or do i have to go into the bios for those settings?

I got a tiny room with a window right above my desk, the sun shines brightly on it all day so my room gets quite hot.

Nvida control panel has a module you can download to adjust your fan. I get the same issue and just use that to crank up the fans speed. 

Just now, Midamaru said:

MSI Afterburner should help you with changing fan speed.

GPUs can usually hit 90 ºC, but it's best to keep it lower. CPUs work under different conditions though. Here are the recommended temps for your CPU:

rzU1rER.png

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3222207/intel-6600k-safe-temperatures.html

Edited by BlackShot
Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, Midamaru said:

I was on that site just now but it just shows a link to the driver section.. i have drivers installed :o 

I did too, but there is a separate deal to get. do a read through on google and see what you find. I remember there was something that you had to do. I'm in the middle of a fed so i cant look it up right now. I also had to turn some fans around in my case to get some different flow going too.

Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

I did too, but there is a separate deal to get. do a read through on google and see what you find. I remember there was something that you had to do. I'm in the middle of a fed so i cant look it up right now. I also had to turn some fans around in my case to get some different flow going too.

Yes, it's gonna depend on Mida's case. He should find instructions on how to install coolers inside his case to get the perfect flow.

Here is an example for the Thermaltake Versa H34:

Spoiler

Thermaltake-Versa-H34-Airflow.jpg

Mr. Linux likes this
Just now, Mitch (IFRIT) said:

If you're on cop, stop throwing yourself at the wall 

If you're on rebel.. you don't have to shoot, cops will just crash n die, help me instead ;D 

Cooling is very important to the longevity of your computer.  

A standard cooler should almost always be replaced when gaming.  You should always keep your temps 75c~ MAX when gaming

A lot of the graphics cards run hotter than they should either because they are already superclocked or they have a shitty cooling mechanism.  

You need good airflow into your case and good flow out of your case.  Clean your case and blow out any dirty fans. Minimum one fan in and one fan out.  

massi likes this
Just now, Clint Beastwood said:

Cooling is very important to the longevity of your computer.  

A standard cooler should almost always be replaced when gaming.  You should always keep your temps 75c~ MAX when gaming

A lot of the graphics cards run hotter than they should either because they are already superclocked or they have a shitty cooling mechanism.  

You need good airflow into your case and good flow out of your case.  Clean your case and blow out any dirty fans.

Do you have any idea how much case fans actually help when the room temperature is actually really hot itself? 30+ celcius?

GPU Cooling was on 44% testing 75% now lets see what it does

Fans at 75% decreased my GPU temperature from 75-80 to 60 at the moment. Sadly it's a tiny bit loud though, but i guess i can just switch depending on how necessary it is on the time of day :) 

Edited by Midamaru
1 hour ago, Midamaru said:

f203daa4ef0721ce5a0a42dc84c57faf.png

1 minute ago, Manolo said:

Well that's the problem all them dust bunnies fucking shit up!

But seriously can we get a picture?

No sorry it's very hot and i can't be arsed to screw open the case again to make a picture :P It aint that messy but lets just say i crammed it in there so it fits, not managed at all.

Manolo likes this
1 hour ago, Clint Beastwood said:

80c for a CPU your system would be on the verge of blue screen.  

80c for a GPU wouldnt be horrible, but long periods of time would be bad, but I can guarantee that card wont last long.

80c for a CPU does not mean it is on the verge of a blue screen... 20 degrees before it shuts off and its a synthetic benchmark meaning it would be even less in real world applications

same for a GPU