Suggestion for players with low fps

Jaylen Sarrett

I used to be one of those players, tried everything short of dropping a bunch of cash on upgrading....

From parameters, to windows tweaks and OC'ing.... They all had little effect....

If you haven't yet, GET AN SSD... I just got one that can only hold arma and 1 other game for $50 and i double my FPS.... SERIOUSLY, get a fucking ssd.

pete likes this

i was thinking about finally spending the cash and going intel over my amd cpu, but i might try this first to see what it does.

i usually get only like 20 fps in cities and when driving in my sport due to all the rendering, but sometimes i get stable 30s doing cartels/banks etc

tldr; should i get ssd before i go intel over my amd cpu

I just moved my Arma 3 over to my SSD. All i can say, it's so fucking stable now. Usually i would get lag spikes or fps drops during combat and that would put me at a disadvantage. My game is so smooth now!

19 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

My part list atm. Arma 3 is on the sandisk

I have a 4770k and I used to have arma on a Kingston HyperX SSD, after about 5 months of solid play I started lagging bad and it wasn't as enjoyable. I decided to OC and upgrade to a dual SSD array (one with Windows and for storing recordings/games/reading and my Kingston for writing) and got lucky with my CPU and got a 4.6gHZ OC. It's all about luck with clocks, I haven't ever OCed with a Gigabyte motherboard but it shouldn't be too hard, just lookup the bios settings and know what to do before going into it. Having a tablet or phone with you is helpful as well to lookup things while in BIOS.

1 minute ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

I have a 4770k and I used to have arma on a Kingston HyperX SSD, after about 5 months of solid play I started lagging bad and it wasn't as enjoyable. I decided to OC and upgrade to a dual SSD array (one with Windows and for storing recordings/games/reading and my Kingston for writing) and got lucky with my CPU and got a 4.6gHZ OC. It's all about luck with clocks, I haven't ever OCed with a Gigabyte motherboard but it shouldn't be too hard, just lookup the bios settings and know what to do before going into it. Having a tablet or phone with you is helpful as well to lookup things while in BIOS.

Well i am thinking of upgrading my pc this year anyway. GPU/CPU are the main focus. Imma try OC and see if it helps!

9 minutes ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Definitely OC. Before doing it I would run Arma and play with CoreTemp open to see how hot your CPU is. If it's higher than ~75 OCing may be risky as there isn't that much ventilation or cooling happening.

Idling at ~30c. Going to boot up some arma and check it out.

21 minutes ago, Sneaky said:

Well i am thinking of upgrading my pc this year anyway. GPU/CPU are the main focus. Imma try OC and see if it helps!

I have an old i5 2500k 3.4 GHz and I was able to get it up to a stable 4.6 GHz (got it up to 4.8 but wasn't stable for long periods of playing) with just upgrading my cpu heatsink and fan. It got me about 15-20 fps gain and cities load much smoother now when driving into them at high speeds.

46 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

If you start overclocking, always make sure you know what you're doing.

If your cooling isn't enough, rip your cpu.

Watercooling is the best, not too expensive to purchase and definitly worth it if you're gonna OC regulary.

Yeah i already have a water cooler if you check out my pcpartpicker link. Testing how hot my CPU gets right now without OC.

30 minutes ago, Shalobee said:

I have an old i5 2500k 3.4 GHz and I was able to get it up to a stable 4.6 GHz (got it up to 4.8 but wasn't stable for long periods of playing) with just upgrading my cpu heatsink and fan. It got me about 15-20 fps gain and cities load much smoother now when driving into them at high speeds.

I'm hoping to hit 4.3 at least. Checking through a few guides to get an idea on how this works so i dont break shiite.

27 minutes ago, Shalobee said:

You might also want to take a look at this and make sure you have settings and launch options optimized for your hardware.

http://wiki.day0.com.au/ArmA_3_Performance_Tweaks_and_Settings_Guide

looking at this naoo