Corruption = Rebels Taking Over Police HQ/Increases Gear Cost

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Rebels can and already do that.

If they take over an HQ we can't spawn in it without getting domed in 3 seconds.

yeah I understand that.. Im saying if they take an HQ then they kill popo around the map they cant spawn at the HQ the  rebels captured

time extended , and maybe something else you guys can think of lol

Edited by Deathslug
Just now, Deathslug said:

yeah I understand that.. Im saying if they take an HQ then they kill popo around the map they cant spawn at the one the captured

Yeah that's what I'm saying we can't. For example if Pyrgos is captured and taken over we have to drive all the way from Air HQ to retake it.

Same thing really.

7 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Because banks are not easy enough.

Because holding down meth lab in the construction building isn't easy enough.

Cops got nerfed enough way back in 6.0, they don't need anything worse.

To this day I fail to understand how 6.0 was a cop nerf.

Cop is 100% the best way to make money right now.  Buying gear is not an issue.

5 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Yeah money is great, but when it comes to fighting power, we are a lot weaker.
Majority use standard load out, and wait forever to be revived if they have an mx.
Corporal can't pull orcas anymore so we rarely see them and if we do it crashes into the ground instantly.

And ofc, having to buy gear on every life was a giant nerf.

Side note: Cop is still fun, but we are just weaker. A lot weaker than rebels, when we used to be about even.

Edited by KevinOB
Just now, KevinOB said:

Yeah money is great, but when it comes to fighting power, we are a lot weaker.
Majority use standard load out, and wait forever to be revived if they have an mx.
Corporal can't pull orcas anymore so we rarely see them and if we do it crashes into the ground instantly.

And ofc, having to buy gear on every life was a giant nerf.

That is the police's fault that they don't buy the gear.  Lord knows they can afford it.  I understand Sgt+ not wanting to pull Orca's all the time, they are paper now compared to what they used to be, but that wasn't a 6.0 thing.

Tiger and Jonah like this

Any competent rebel gang will be able to both kidnap the cops and keep them from respawning at the HQ by killing them when they do.

Rebels can't even respawn at the Rebel outpost (only as fresh spawns in gang houses nearby), so I really don't the a point for cops to even be able to capture it.

But what do I know, I'm neither competent or a rebel.

Kavala pistol banger for lyfe.

Steve likes this

This is gonna quickly turn into why cops and rebels are better or worse, but I just wanna point out once again.

Tactics. If cops just waited to respond to banks/prisons till they had a plan of action. If they just waited after res pawning to zerg. Banks wouldn't become easy by any means, but when there's 1 hatchback every 2-3mins its easy to focus it down. Instead take a minute and get 5-6 with 1 cop a piece and rush it. Guaranteed 2-3 make it through. 

but cops have always had issues with leadership/following orders so it might be a pipe dream

Gatorade likes this
1 hour ago, Deathslug said:

Ok then change If Police Lose their HQ to rebels, cost of gear will just increase by %15+ for an entire server restart.. Rather than just extending the spawn time.

Because between banks PB's and the occasional fed.  We need to deal with this as well?

no..just no... The normal players of asylum that need APD assistance get neglected enough already. Go play wasteland.

This will get implemented the same time going to jail costs you money anyways.. seems fair /s

TL:DR wPoo9vN.gif

The Boss, Noble and Capt Pepper like this

-1 for this post.

Our force is normally busy enough with Banks, Prison breaks, and the rare Federal Reserve call. To the point as Reavantos said that the civilian populous's calls usually get ignored. With many of the more known gangs being money capped, and subsequently fighting cops at EVERY chance to stave their boredom. This would only make it worse, and make our job that much harder.

There is more to being on the APD than to go from one firefight to another. Which as of late, has pretty much been the case with the non stop mandatory calls coming in. 

14 minutes ago, Capt Pepper said:

-1 for this post.

Our force is normally busy enough with Banks, Prison breaks, and the rare Federal Reserve call. To the point as Reavantos said that the civilian populous's calls usually get ignored. With many of the more known gangs being money capped, and subsequently fighting cops at EVERY chance to stave their boredom. This would only make it worse, and make our job that much harder.

There is more to being on the APD than to go from one firefight to another. Which as of late, has pretty much been the case with the non stop mandatory calls coming in. 

This x100. I love rolling at as 911 unit. 

Ghost0fDawn likes this
4 hours ago, OwenSeven said:

This is gonna quickly turn into why cops and rebels are better or worse, but I just wanna point out once again.

Tactics. If cops just waited to respond to banks/prisons till they had a plan of action. If they just waited after res pawning to zerg. Banks wouldn't become easy by any means, but when there's 1 hatchback every 2-3mins its easy to focus it down. Instead take a minute and get 5-6 with 1 cop a piece and rush it. Guaranteed 2-3 make it through. 

but cops have always had issues with leadership/following orders so it might be a pipe dream

Exactly this. 

5 Sports Hatchbacks rush the bottom of the bank at the same time , clear the middle sections and stop the drill. ez win, ez victory. 

Huron+MRAP strategy. One of the best strategies you can use on Altis Life and I have not seen a single cop team use it. Works for both prison and fed. 

Bait Snipe. The best way to take out rebels camping power positions. Send your cadet to do some salsa while the rebels peak him, boom Lt with the easy snipes on the peaking rebels. Any sort of baiting will work, rebels can't resist peaking.

With the right strategy, as Bluefor, it should be much easier to attack a location.

damn I should join the cops :ph34r:

Edited by Haych
6 hours ago, Ranger said:

If buying gear is a none issue how come every rebel ever cries when you seize their gun? lol  Cop loadouts are lost at a way higher rate than rebels. While the price may be lower, the fact that you have to buy them all the time in turn makes them much more expensive.  Everything cops do is as an assualtant, in situations that give the defender HUGE advantages.  

Jaylen Sarrett and Ghost0fDawn like this
48 minutes ago, Haych said:

Exactly this. 

5 Sports Hatchbacks rush the bottom of the bank at the same time , clear the middle sections and stop the drill. ez win, ez victory. 

Huron+MRAP strategy. One of the best strategies you can use on Altis Life and I have not seen a single cop team use it. Works for both prison and fed. 

Bait Snipe. The best way to take out rebels camping power positions. Send your cadet to do some salsa while the rebels peak him, boom Lt with the easy snipes on the peaking rebels. Any sort of baiting will work, rebels can't resist peaking.

With the right strategy, as Bluefor, it should be much easier to attack a location.

damn I should join the cops :ph34r:

That works well when laid out but when you have a 15+ cop force who dont play together regularly and only think about what kills they get, going up against rebels in a gang for almost a year give or take, its not gonna end well.

3 hours ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

I know i made a post about this in the police section on the old forums, ill prolly make another one... Just in case you're wondering how the zerg tactic goes at banks...

Hide contents

Congratulations you have the 2 higher ups with you who aren't afraid to pull out Hunters. 

Now if the other 50 could grow a set of fucking balls and pull out Hunters we'd be in decentish shape. 

Edited by epTic
Hubschrauber likes this
2 minutes ago, epTic said:

Congratulations you have higher ups with you who aren't afraid to pull out Hunters. 

Now if the other 50 could grow a set of fucking balls and pull out Hunters we'd be in decentish shape. 

The same concept works with sport hatchbacks....

Hunters aren't needed, if you rush the building with 4-6 hatchback sports, you will have the exact same effect and result, hunters are just the icing on the cake... They aren't necessary.

Also take note, that it isn't just rushing, you gotta send 1-2 cars to clear broken down building and lighthouse before taking the bank.

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

The same concept works with sport hatchbacks....

Hunters aren't needed, if you rush the building with 4-6 hatchback sports, you will have the exact same effect and result, hunters are just the icing on the cake... They aren't necessary.

That tactic only works in NA time zones. 

Good luck getting 5 cops online during EU times. 

Hunters will at least take a bit of bite off a 762, hatchbacks just get fucking eaten like a 50 cal chewing through a hummingbird. 

Olivia likes this
Just now, epTic said:

That tactic only works in NA time zones. 

Good luck getting 5 cops online during EU times. 

Hunters will at least take a bit of bite off a 762, hatchbacks just get fucking eaten like a 50 cal chewing through a hummingbird. 

well, maybe you got a point there, as the banks were not made to be only taken by 5 officers.. Depending on how many robbers there are.

but that seems more like a personal issue tbh... I get it though, you're in a different timezone, but it isn't anybodies fault that isn't the popular timezone played in asylum,

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
4 hours ago, HotWings said:

If buying gear is a none issue how come every rebel ever cries when you seize their gun? lol  Cop loadouts are lost at a way higher rate than rebels. While the price may be lower, the fact that you have to buy them all the time in turn makes them much more expensive.  Everything cops do is as an assualtant, in situations that give the defender HUGE advantages.  

Have you even played rebel? As a rebel you spend 10x the amount and are at risk every moment you try to buy at locations that are extremely far out of the way. Also you can be shot at any moment and lose that money. 

As a cop you literally make money by playing. I hate how career cops always cry poor when playing as cop is the best way to make money currently.

4 hours ago, HotWings said:

Only LT's would have an argument about how their gear is expensive when they are buying an MK1.  If you are getting killed at a higher rate, figure out what the hell you are doing wrong.  I've went through three hour play throughs and didn't lose a single thing and that was with prison breaks and banks happening.  Even if you are losing a lot of your loadouts, you make money on cop at such a fast rate that it's ridiculous.  I literally get capped every three days playing cop. 

12 minutes ago, OwenSeven said:

Have you even played rebel? As a rebel you spend 10x the amount and are at risk every moment you try to buy at locations that are extremely far out of the way. Also you can be shot at any moment and lose that money. 

As a cop you literally make money by playing. I hate how career cops always cry poor when playing as cop is the best way to make money currently.

that's an overstatement, they don't spend 10x the amount on gear, you can... But comparing the cost of 10 grenades, really isn't fair at that point.... Since we can't get those grenades or much of the same gear you can get... It's not really apples to apples, you can't get our gear, our gear is cheaper and not as good, your gear is more expensive and better than 90% of the police force...

And usually the money we make at the end of the night from all the arrests, usually for me, equals out... Or maybe a slight margin of profit, it really isn't big bucks, because when you chase the big bucks, you die often...

And how much cops make is irrelevant, we constantly spend.... or atleast i do.... But people who make money on cop, and spend it all on civ, fuck you. 

Ghost0fDawn likes this
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

that's an overstatement, they don't spend 10x the amount on gear, you can... But comparing the cost of 10 grenades, really isn't fair at that point.... Since we can't get those grenades or much of the same gear you can get... It's not really apples to apples, you can't get our gear, our gear is cheaper and not as good, your gear is more expensive and better than 90% of the police force...

And usually the money we make at the end of the night from all the arrests, usually for me, equals out... Or maybe a slight margin of profit, it really isn't big bucks, because when you chase the big bucks, you die often...

And how much cops make is irrelevant, we constantly spend.... or atleast i do.... But people who make money on cop, and spend it all on civ, fuck you. 

That's exactly my point. You make enough money simply by playing cop to keep playing. As a rebel you simply cannot when you lose around 20k worth of gear per life. Also you completely ignored the fact as a cop you can gear up at your local HQ which is probably within 6-7 kms of any fight and be back within 5min. As a rebel if you die in a fight you are lucky to be back within 20min. First you gotta have a gang house or drive from the nearest city, then you risk gearing up because someone could spawn in or drive to rebel at any moment. If you survive that far then you gotta pull out a car/heli without someone waiting for you to shoot you out. Finally, you are at least 10kms from any fight that is not taking place at rebel. 

Im not saying cop is better, I'm just saying cops can regear in 5min and be back at the fight if they want to and rebels cannot. Its by design, but such a overlooked advantage. 

King Destroyer likes this

I don't see what all the fuss is about when it comes to cop & civ, i spend equally much time on civ as on cop and i think cop simply needs numbers and tactics to win, overthrow the criminals, not go in one by one. Having people work as a team to overthrow their enemy is the best tactic, maybe instead when you rush next time have a sniper setup 300-600 meters out to hard-aim the criminal so when he looks out of his hiding spot to shot, he will instead be killed by a sniper. Now many will say the guns are bad but i disagree, the mx is 3500$ on a normal day maybe 1k more or less but nothing anyone cannot really afford, the mx aint a bad gun either since it can shoot pretty well up to 600-700 meters. In my opinion the cops should stop bitching about having shitty gear, if that is the case go fucking play on a different server were cops having jets, maybe you will be satisfied then

1 hour ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Are you serious? LOL have you driven in a sports hatch? they are paper thin. Responding to the bank without having an armored vehicle is a snipe fest at best.

Even on Swat you have maybe 5 people with 7.62 which are mostly career cops that don't really know how to effectively use them. Or you have leaders that are higher than corporal that are basically none exist plebs that sit in the channel and do nothing to lead just keep going in with sport hatch's and dying and then coming back, refusing to buy gear or pull anything even useful because they might go below money cap. 

Olivia, rngr and Reavantos like this
Just now, OwenSeven said:

That's exactly my point. You make enough money simply by playing cop to keep playing. As a rebel you simply cannot when you lose around 20k worth of gear per life. Also you completely ignored the fact as a cop you can gear up at your local HQ which is probably within 6-7 kms of any fight and be back within 5min. As a rebel if you die in a fight you are lucky to be back within 20min. First you gotta have a gang house or drive from the nearest city, then you risk gearing up because someone could spawn in or drive to rebel at any moment. If you survive that far then you gotta pull out a car/heli without someone waiting for you to shoot you out. Finally, you are at least 10kms from any fight that is not taking place at rebel. 

Im not saying cop is better, I'm just saying cops can regear in 5min and be back at the fight if they want to and rebels cannot. Its by design, but such a overlooked advantage. 

lol.... Really... 

Why are you comparing oranges to apples? Why should rebel gear be easy to get? Why shouldn't there be a challenge for you......? 

i just don't get it, they're different roles... Also, rebels are far more organized than the APD, which has over 1000 officers.... 

5 minutes ago, OwenSeven said:

I hate when people make assumptions about how other people play the game.  I absolutely know what its like to play rebel just as much as I know what its like to play cop.  

Its actually close the same price for cops to buy gear as it is for rebels when you compare like weapons such as 6.5 to 6.5 or 7.62 to 7.62.  The difference is cops lose their gear much more than rebels.  The add in that I can lose 33k or 100K+ just for taking out a vehicle.  Im supposed to care about your grandfathers "walking stick" when you will take my shit and blow it up/chop it without a second thought?

3 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Only LT's would have an argument about how their gear is expensive when they are buying an MK1.  If you are getting killed at a higher rate, figure out what the hell you are doing wrong.  I've went through three hour play throughs and didn't lose a single thing and that was with prison breaks and banks happening.  Even if you are losing a lot of your loadouts, you make money on cop at such a fast rate that it's ridiculous.  I literally get capped every three days playing cop. 

No not only LTs can make that argument... Cops die and they die alot.  I dont have to do anything wrong to die... Seriously that's an argument?  Its called rebels vs cops man the odds of me winning a 2 v < # are very low considering 7.62 v 6.5 and armor ratings.  Rebels do things that dont make money? How is that my fault? You spend hours on end hunting cops and killing them for no reason other than you can... Spend that time making money and stop bitching about how you're not getting any when you get caught doing a prison break on an empty jail... 

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
1 minute ago, Jessie Slaughter said:

Are you serious? LOL have you driven in a sports hatch? they are paper thin. Responding to the bank without having an armored vehicle is a snipe fest at best.

Even on Swat you have maybe 5 people with 7.62 which are mostly career cops that don't really know how to effectively use them. Or you have leaders that are higher than corporal that are basically none exist plebs that sit in the channel and do nothing to lead just keep going in with sport hatch's and dying and then coming back, refusing to buy gear or pull anything even useful because they might go below money cap. 

did you read the post before Jessie?

Yes, they are paper thin, thus why you zerg it at once, spread apart so less will die.... Look, if there are no SGTs on, this is the best option you have....

2 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

did you read the post before Jessie?

Yes, they are paper thin, thus why you zerg it at once, spread apart so less will die.... Look, if there are no SGTs on, this is the best option you have....

No you posted too fast. But it's still a death fest going in with sports hatches. And half my point was even if there is SGT+ on it means nothing. 

I have an idea how bout we have all cops go through mandatory gang training where they have to run with a gang or two for a few days so they can learn how the other side thinks and does things. Knowing your enemy is the best way to defeat them. 

Edited by Jessie Slaughter
Steve likes this
2 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

This, this is why higher ups don't pull out these things... Because rebels who don't need the money, chop it out of spite...

And you send us to jail when you dont need the money, out of spite. Its RP so of course we're gonna chop the cops vehicles and you are going to send us to jail.

5 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

lol.... Really... 

Why are you comparing oranges to apples? Why should rebel gear be easy to get? Why shouldn't there be a challenge for you......? 

i just don't get it, they're different roles... Also, rebels are far more organized than the APD, which has over 1000 officers.... 

Did you even read what you just quoted? I literally said its was by design and was just overlooked as an advantage.

Edited by OwenSeven