Should First-Person view be forced in Cartel zones?

Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?

• No
    • Yes

1 minute ago, Sean // Fitty Bread said:

Why implement it only at cartels? If you're going to subject that area to first person and not any other areas it'll be bad. People who don't fight cartels more than once a month shouldn't have a say in a change for a part of the community they don't play, you should be asking the gangs who contest cartels. 

Personally like Jaylens comment about forcing a close 3rd person perspective. It prevents the abuse of the 3rd party camera, but also makes it happen everywhere instead of just cartels. 

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
Just now, Shark said:

Yes but instead of turning 2 servers instantly to 1.st person without feed back, will piss off a lot of gangs. i dont think we want that;)

I meant only 1 of the servers going 1st,  considering majority will still choose 3rd regardless but yeah i know its just my opinion among everyone elses,  thats why we're all discussing this now i presume haha.  

Shark likes this

>implying 1st person isn't completely bugged out.

>implying this server would allow you to even play in 1st person without having more than 10 fps.

>implying that it will add strategies.

>implying that it would add realism.

>implying Slittcer or Jaylen or Hotwings even know how to aim down a sight.

bbc5600f9d632bb21a645feff07eabdd.gif

Just stop it. Cartels are barely even fun as it is, let alone when 1st person is required. If that is going to be required then rebels are going to complain about cop things that need to be required, then cops are going to complain etc etc.

Don't fix something that isn't broken.

>inb "We're not trying to fix it, we're trying to upgrade"

Nonetheless, I love 1st person, do it most of the time. But this is just a bad idea.

Edited by Atmosphere
dj.devran and Matthew like this
11 minutes ago, Slittcer said:

I've had my fair share of cartel fights when it was just Innovative, Unknown, AMW and baby bad blood on the side. Long before your time I bet lol I'm sure every "career cop" was in a big gang at one point.

Key word, "was". If this thread doesn't apply to you then why the hell post?

Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

shutup, stop trying to snuff others opinions because they don't agree with your narrow view of how the server should be

you don't even play rebel, why the hell should your opinion even matter?

That's like straight people judging whether gay people are allowed to marry or not. (I know that this happens, which is retarded and thats why I mentioned it.)

Valerios likes this
Just now, Jaylen Sarrett said:

shutup, stop trying to snuff others opinions because they don't agree with your narrow view of how the server should be

calm down buddy. This doesn't have to do with the whole server, it has to do with cartel fights. 

This isn't really a hard concept:

A: If you fight cartels, and have some valid input, then by all means post your thoughts.

B: If you don't fight cartels, your opinions are meaningless in this thread. If you would like to talk about a completely enforced 1st person server, then make a new thread.

Tiger likes this
Just now, Quenton said:

calm down buddy. This doesn't have to do with the whole server, it has to do with cartel fights. 

This isn't really a hard concept:

A: If you fight cartels, and have some valid input, then by all means post your thoughts.

B: If you don't fight cartels, your opinions are meaningless in this thread. If you would like to talk about a completely enforced 1st person server, then make a new thread.

did you read our comments? 

we said they should be enforced everywhere... But this is a step in the right direction.

2 minutes ago, Quenton said:

Key word, "was". If this thread doesn't apply to you then why the hell post?

34 minutes ago, Slittcer said:

You're asking something that only mass gangs are going to answer since they're the only ones who do cartels now AFAIK. Of course every single one is going to say no, they can't fight without 3rd person. I doubt any of them have bothered to try an HC server and if they did they probably sucked ass, no offence :rolleyes:

Well excuse me big boy, didn't know I wasn't allowed to post here lol nor did I +1 this, just said you guys would suck ass at 1st person only so no shit everyone is going to say no.

I did a forced FPS Koth and man, it was rough to get used too.  However, I think it adds a whole new dynamic to the game. Everyone immediately thinks of how big a disadvantage they will have not having 360 view at 10ft in the air. However, everyone will have this same nerf. I think it would be awesome for better tactics, but the typical cartel gunslingers will lose their ability to instant action and omnipotence and feel like a lesser pleb

Jaylen Sarrett and Outlander like this

No, to OP.

If first person was here all the time, we would have a million cops crying about how much harder it is to play the game vs rebels, the cops are already bad enough without having the crutch of third person, if we took that away from them they would stand little to no chance anymore on these servers. No offence but the cops complaining in this thread are the cops who are already complaining that it's to hard to fight rebels now, and always saying rebels are OP.  Yet they want to make this change ? Lol. 

Atmosphere likes this
Just now, Slittcer said:

Well excuse me big boy, didn't know I wasn't allowed to post here lol nor did I +1 this, just said you guys would suck ass at 1st person only so no shit everyone is going to say no.

Well thank you for clarifying that every rebel on the server sucks at 1st person combat. The almighty Slittcer has spoken, we all suck.

9 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

you don't even play rebel, why the hell should your opinion even matter?

That's like straight people judging whether gay people are allowed to marry or not. (I know that this happens, which is retarded and thats why I mentioned it.)

Your analogy is retarded...

and how do you know what i play?

Your comment is like saying that men should have no say in womens issues...

4 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

No, to OP.

If first person was here all the time, we would have a million cops crying about how much harder it is to play the game vs rebels, the cops are already bad enough without having the crutch of third person, if we took that away from them they would stand little to no chance anymore on these servers. No offence but the cops complaining in this thread are the cops who are already complaining that it's to hard to fight rebels now, and always saying rebels are OP.  Yet they want to make this change ? Lol. 

If anything cops would have a more fair fighting experience. Cops 99% of the time are on the offensive side of a battle. The defensive side on Asylum benefits most from 3rd person as they can use it to peek over obstacles to line up a shot before peeking or use it to see if someone is pushing without peeking. Having forced 1st person would make fights more fair.

Edited by Outlander
Olivia likes this

Well Slittcer, if you think it isn't hard to fight rebels, please do let me know, and I will round people up today and you can show us just how easy it really is to beat the big bad rebels! This usually ends up with a Captain ordering the cops off of the server. 

You cops are getting spoiled because most of the gangs don't do anything anymore besides the newer ones and you think you've defeated the gangs. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

Your analogy is retarded...

and how do you know what i play?

Your comment is like saying that men should have no say in womens issues...

Is that really how stupid you are? Comparing a rule which removes certain "rights" (3rd person) to men talking about issues that women have? How are these 2 even related?

My analogy was water tight:

people who have nothing to do with cartels, shouldn't have the right to not allow them to play the way they want to.

People who have nothing to do with homosexuals, shouldn't have the right to not allow them to be married when they want to.

Your stupidity just makes you believe it's not.

How I know you don't play rebel is because you said it yourself a 12489723 times.

"I don't enjoy rebel life, that's why I play cop, there's nothing wrong with that".

Edited by Atmosphere
Just now, Buttercup said:

Well Slittcer, if you think it isn't hard to fight rebels, please do let me know, and I will round people up today and you can show us just how easy it really is to beat the big bad rebels! This usually ends up with a Captain ordering the cops off of the server. 

You cops are getting spoiled because most of the gangs don't do anything anymore besides the newer ones and you think you've defeated the gangs. Lol. 

lol

2 minutes ago, Outlander said:

If anything cops would have a more fair fighting experience. Cops 99% of the time are on the offensive side of a battle. The defensive side on Asylum benefits most from 3rd person as they can use it to peek over obstacles to line up a shot before peeking or use it to see if someone is pushing without peeking. Having forced 1st person would make fights more fair.

That is not true at all, not even a tad bit true, most of the locations that cops are fighting yes they are being offensive, but simple an Orca in the air is going to give all of the benefits of third person right back into the rebels hand. Also as you stated, we are already lining the shots up, at the feds and prison breaks we are already just scoped in most of the time. Third person being taken away changes nothing for us. 

9 minutes ago, Atmosphere said:

Is that really how stupid you are? Comparing a rule which removes certain "rights" (3rd person) to men talking about issues that women have? How are these 2 even related?

My analogy was water tight:

people who have nothing to do with cartels, shouldn't have the right to not allow them to play the way they want to.

People who have nothing to do with homosexuals, shouldn't have the right to not allow them to be married when they want to.

Your stupidity just makes you believe it's not.

How I know you don't play rebel is because you said it yourself a 12489723 times.

"I don't enjoy rebel life, that's why I play cop, there's nothing wrong with that".

holy cow, the amount of logical hula-hoops one must go through to justify your irrational thinking...

We're not saying you shouldn't have a right to do something...

This is a private server, you don't have a right to anything.... period.

it's all subject to change.

besides, read our comments, we said it should be forced on the entirety of the server, not just cartels, i don't think that would be fair forcing it only on cartels...

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
2 minutes ago, Outlander said:

The thing that would make fights fair is : If higher ups actually pulled vechiles like the hunter, strider or orca. Instead of pretending to be chris kyle and snipe from 800m out to try and kill the guy in the deerstand. Im not saying all the cops are  bad at the game, but its only a few that actually know how to shoot properly. Because alot of the time cops just drive over the prison bride in a hatchback sport with 4 cops inside, and they all get sprayed down before they even get half across the bridge. There is so much stuff the APD could to do to improve, but everytime they get some advice and they are higher ups they become salty. Everytime they get asked to pull out something it pretty much never happen, atleast when im playing with a few higher ups. So i stopped asking them, instead i take my pretty hummingbird and land either at lighthouse or the prison break roof alone. Its not that hard, just have to try and work together as a team :)

Outlander, Atmosphere, Chau and 2 others like this
3 minutes ago, Buttercup said:

That is not true at all, not even a tad bit true, most of the locations that cops are fighting yes they are being offensive, but simple an Orca in the air is going to give all of the benefits of third person right back into the rebels hand. Also as you stated, we are already lining the shots up, at the feds and prison breaks we are already just scoped in most of the time. Third person being taken away changes nothing for us. 

only 15% of cops can even pull orcas out..

it's not really fair to say that....

If it changes nothing for you to take out third person, why are you complaining?

1 minute ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

holy cow, the amount of logical hula-hoops one must go through to justify your irrational thinking...

We're not saying you shouldn't have a right to do something...

This is a private server, you don't have a right to anything.... period.

it's all subject to change.

So tell me, what exactly what I wrong in? All you say it how stupid it is and how irrational it is.

You're Being a Cynica Jr right now. Stop being a dumb ass and come up with proper arguments.

How does this being a private server have to do with having no rights to do anything?

rngr likes this

Let's be serious here for a second. Why would you want to force 1st person for cartel zones only? If you are going to seriously consider hardcore settings, you should implement them everywhere on the map. Cartel content is already struggling the way it is, and a huge change like this would discourage more rebels from even going to cartels. Why would I go to a cartel where my fighting capabilities are limited? I'll just start a fight in donor town or rebel outpost. Almost nobody actually caps cartels for the benefits. We do it in order to get a fight against an opposing gang. I guarantee all the gangs would just be setting up fights against each other in 3rd person areas rather than being limited to 1st person.

With that being said, I think you need to be very careful about how you approach a change like this. The poll should really be calling for a trial period of 1st person only. For example having it forced during the weekend. By the end, you will have plenty of feedback from everyone.

Personally I don't think 1st person is more interesting combat wise. It makes defending a lot easier, which is not really suitable for Asylum where attacking almost every fighting location is already much harder than defending it.

rngr, Bilal Battu, Rodrigo and 4 others like this
2 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Personally I don't think 1st person is more interesting combat wise. It makes defending a lot easier, which is not really suitable for Asylum where attacking almost every fighting location is already much harder than defending it.

i think it would be the opposite, it would be harder to defend as rebels would have to peak and expose themselves more...

can you explain how it would make attacking harder? because as i said, i think it would be the complete opposite.

the rest i agree with, a trial period where it's forced on everyone, not just cartels would be good start.

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
2 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

only 15% of cops can even pull orcas out..

it's not really fair to say that....

If it changes nothing for you to take out third person, why are you complaining?

Do you even read ? Please, get out of the thread if your not going to take time to read. 

Who said I was complaining ? I just said no. Trust me, i've played enough with you and Slittcer to know that first person only isn't going to give you guys what it takes to win against gangs. Only leadership and good team work is going to do that, and the APD will always fail at that until you guys open your eyes up.