Should First-Person view be forced in Cartel zones?

Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Should first-person view be forced in cartel zones?

• No
    • Yes

18 minutes ago, Romulus said:

It is not like it was implemented, it is simply a poll to see where the community would stand on the issue.  If you like the idea you vote yes, and if you want give your input, and vice versa.  This is a community so i feel all people should have a right to voice their opinions no matter what side they stand on.  That being said, -1 for me.  I do like the idea of a server 5 first person, but i never liked stratis to begin with.

It's cartels only. Nothing to do with server 5 specifically.  

Diseased likes this
2 minutes ago, Diseased said:

Has anyone actually played in first person for more than an hour on Asylum? I'm pretty sure I'd get a fucking headache from how bad 1st person is.

Yeah hcfp koth hurts my head after a bit. But if it's only at cartels it's not going to be more than an hour.

What about reduced third person like some other life servers use? I used to be very against any kind of ArmA first person and even voted No when Paratus made a very similar poll many many moons ago but recently I've been playing first person battleroyal and golly gee wizz it is exciting. I can understand how a lot of the top shots on Asylum would be against this as it would force them to relearn a game that they already have thousands of hours in, but in reality it would be a fresh, exciting, and challenging change that I personally would look forward too. I would say make a single server first person and see how it goes for a limited time. 

Papa Vinny, Eli and Olivia like this
18 minutes ago, Jamooze said:

What about reduced third person like some other life servers use? I used to be very against any kind of ArmA first person and even voted No when Paratus made a very similar poll many many moons ago but recently I've been playing first person battleroyal and golly gee wizz it is exciting. I can understand how a lot of the top shots on Asylum would be against this as it would force them to relearn a game that they already have thousands of hours in, but in reality it would be a fresh, exciting, and challenging change that I personally would look forward too. I would say make a single server first person and see how it goes for a limited time. 

People who are good in 3rd person would still be good in 1st, (besides me cause apparently all I do is look through walls ;) ) but that's not the point, it's just full out Mongo mode and would not be enjoyable.

Just now, Diseased said:

People who are good in 3rd person would still be good in 1st, (besides me cause apparently all I do is look through walls ;) ) but that's not the point, it's just full out Mongo mode and would not be enjoyable.

I could not disagree more with that statement tbh. There are plenty of people who only good because they can see people coming from a mile away while hiding behind/in something.  

Papa Vinny likes this
3 minutes ago, HotWings said:

I could not disagree more with that statement tbh. There are plenty of people who only good because they can see people coming from a mile away while hiding behind/in something.  

Make it 1st person you'll see the same players getting all the kills. Arma mechanics revolve around reducing recoil and being able to place your bullet where you target is at or will be at. Just because you are in a different view setting nothing will change besides the fact that most gangs will just fight ( if any gangs are left to fight ) at non-cartel locations. And it doesn't look like I'm being a " I speak for 95% of the community guy" because to me the PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY FIGHT CARTELS are voting NO and randoms/cops are clicking yes.

Edited by Diseased
Leftie and Ronald like this
1 minute ago, Diseased said:

Make it 1st person you'll see the same players getting all the kills. Arma mechanics revolve around reducing recoil and being able to place your bullet where you target is at or will be at. Just because you are in a different view setting nothing will change besides the fact that most gangs will just fight ( if any gangs are left to fight ) at non-cartel locations. And it doesn't look like I'm being a " I speak for 95% of the community guy" because to me the PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY FIGHT CARTELS are voting NO and randoms/cops are clicking yes.

3 minutes ago, Diseased said:

giphy.gif

My thoughts are this:  

Remove the cartel locations that people don't care for (there are several).  Add in at least 1 more new spot to change things up a touch.  Make cartels worth fighting for a bit more (in some way).  Also, fix a few of the "bugs" in the way cartels work.  

P.S. No, this hasn't already been decided and this is just some way to tell you guys through code.  Motown wanted to gauge reaction to the idea.  

rngr, Leftie, Olivia and 1 other like this
Just now, bamf said:

My thoughts are this:  

Remove the cartel locations that people don't care for (there are several).  Add in at least 1 more new spot to change things up a touch.  Make cartels worth fighting for a bit more (in some way).  Also, fix a few of the "bugs" in the way cartels work.  

This.

Get cartels to a state where people will actually want to fight for them. Then get rid of all the desync issues that plague cartels making them pointless to fight even if there were good incentives. Only then may we even begin to think about this ridiculous idea of 1st person "at cartels".

9 minutes ago, bamf said:

My thoughts are this:  

P.S. No, this hasn't already been decided and this is just some way to tell you guys through code.  Motown wanted to gauge reaction to the idea.  

yes, this needs to be done, half the cartel zones people are just like "eh the cartel is at x location I cba to fight it there, if they go to the other cartel ill fight"

18 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Why are career cops even posting in this thread?  You don't do cartels, it hardly concerns you.  Anything that you think would fuck over rebels though, right?

did you not read what we said?

obviously not, so why don't you read before you speak, because then you'll be less confused...

We don't think it should only be forced on cartels, if it were to happen, force it on the entire server/servers...

I made the point that i enjoy how critical gaming did theirs, it's a much closer 3rd person perspective which would stop alot of people glitching and looking through walls, like that kid did on the video he posted on here the other day and he got shat on, rightly so...

(i'm assuming you're talking about me and the other SGT/LT  earlier)

Edited by Jaylen Sarrett
Capt Pepper likes this

Thats a negative ghost rider, I repeat that's a 10-29 ABORT ABORT ABORT!

For real though if you really want to see how horrible this will fail then take down that waste of a server #5, make it altis, make it first person, watch it die, revert the update. Don't make a poll on the forums so all the career cops and trolls can vote for a first person on cartels when they dont even know where the cartels are located, ask the real players who fight the cartels daily.

VKaWX.gif  

Atmosphere likes this
40 minutes ago, Diseased said:

No one is saying the same players wont get kills.... What is being said it you can no longer abuse the fuck out of the drone you have over your shoulder.  You wont be able to magically know there is some one sneaking up on you with actually looking to see if they are there.  You wont be able to see inside a house or through/around the walls. It would certainly make fighting harder, it wont prevent the people who know how to shoot from shooting. Its not the shooting down the sights aspect that changes....

Edited by HotWings
Jaylen Sarrett and Capt Pepper like this