1 minute ago, Gnashes said:

930693dbf759d70cf14c36f98d0faf08.png

//Old
_pos = if ((vehicle _unit isKindOf "Man") || (count (nearestObjects [vehicle player, ["Car","Ship","Air"], 2]) == 0)) then 
{getPosATL _unit} else {(vehicle _unit) modeltoWorld [0,-8,0]};

//New
_pos = if ((vehicle _unit isKindOf "Man") || (count (nearObjects [vehicle _unit, ["Car","Ship","Air"], 5]) == 0)) then 
{getPosATL _unit} else {(vehicle _unit) modeltoWorld [0,-8,0]};

Could you just place the Y inside the trunk? 

Money doesnt cause it, so money can do what it wants. 

Or just revert back to the old system of not dropping til executed. The only problem you solved was towers/roof Y not being as easy to grab, and not having to camp bodies in cities to get Y, which honestly made sense, seeing as it detered RDM just to get Y in cities. 

Treeherder likes this
Just now, Gnashes said:

1. The issue is that the game isn't recognizing the fact that your dead body is in/near a vehicle. "Putting it in the inventory" isn't going to accomplish anything there.

2. Money isn't even a thing here.

3. As I've said multiple times; neither Bamf or Paratus want to go back to that system. It was tried for while, and ultimately ended up being discarded.

I've only really seen it when carrying items which have briefcase item models. Could you test putting in new item models on the dev server then test it? 

/|/|0T4RD likes this
9 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

The issue lies in a lack of assets to use. As I've said previously; anything with a reasonable model is pretty well being used already.

Could you just condense all and any Y into one model?

Maybe Land_HumanSkull_F'

800px-Arma3_CfgVehicles_Land_HumanSkull_ 

Regardless what Y you have, just make that the view model. If you have 90 items, spawns this. If you have one item. Spawns this. Feel like it would prevent items "exploding" as well

If you wanted to give me a list of Y inv, I guarantee I could find reasonable models. Lets be honest. I have never identified Y by its model. I will always look at it. I don't think everything needs to necessarily be reasonable, but just not as big as the briefcase. 

Or spawn everything with the "satchel charge model". That way it resembles a lootbag. 

Edited by Axe
Shepurd, Big Bird and /|/|0T4RD like this

Heres an idea that you probably have already had but maybe not:

@bamf , @Paratus, @Gnashes

1. Player Dies in Vehicle , Y inventory does not drop at all/

I dont know SQL but i would assume you would just catch the two flags like in the code above and if the conditions are met throw the old function for when the y didn't drop. 

Leave it as a case example, y inventory will not drop when you die in a vehicle it will persist in that players virtual inventory and be deleted upon release of body.

2. As for a player dying near a vehicle, Not sure if its possible with objects but maybe make Y inventory not have any kind of object collision and keep it stuck at the 

position the player dies at for coordinates. What I mean by this is get rid of the collision system with it (Which would make it fall through the world) and instead make it stay at cordinates x and y which are determined on the players death. It would theoretically make it sit exactly where the player died , allow you to access it, and not actually touch anything in the phyical sense. This is most likely not even possible because arma but for whatever slight chance you are able to intereact with phyical object collisions or boundries

(See second post, for attatching a debuff so it would show when a player is in a vehicle - kind of how games use the "Mount" symbol when mounted in a MMORPG. Would allow you to set certain flags possibly by knowing when a player is in a vehicle)

Edited by Sugarfoot
5 minutes ago, Sugarfoot said:

Heres an idea that you probably have already had but maybe not:

@bamf , @Paratus, @Gnashes

1. Player Dies in Vehicle , Y inventory does not drop at all/

I dont know SQL but i would assume you would just catch the two flags like in the code above and if the conditions are met throw the old function for when the y didn't drop. 

Leave it as a case example, y inventory will not drop when you die in a vehicle it will persist in that players virtual inventory and be deleted upon release of body.

2. As for a player dying near a vehicle, Not sure if its possible with objects but maybe make Y inventory not have any kind of object collision and keep it stuck at the 

position the player dies at for coordinates. What I mean by this is get rid of the collision system with it (Which would make it fall through the world) and instead make it stay at cordinates x and y which are determined on the players death. It would theoretically make it sit exactly where the player died , allow you to access it, and not actually touch anything in the phyical sense. This is most likely not even possible because arma but for whatever slight chance you are able to intereact with phyical object collisions or boundries

22 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

1. The issue is that the game isn't recognizing the fact that your dead body is in/near a vehicle. "Putting it in the inventory" isn't going to accomplish anything there.

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Make a flag then, it was possible to make a flag that when you die you receive a "Debuff" , make a flag that gives you a specific debuff when in vehicles and allow that

debuff to dissapear when leaving vehicles. This would allow you to manipulate things that go on whilst having that debuff :

Such as

1. Dying, - Y inventory function

2. Being battle eye kicked - auto store function. Reduces comp requests made

3. Being pardoned whilst flying.

If its even possible to work with something that would attract and retract from entering / exiting vehicles

Edited by Sugarfoot
BioHazard likes this
11 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

jimbos idea sounds like a good compromise. The reason they got rid of y dropping upon execution is because you cant execute people in towns. only a few items use suitcases, it wouldnt be that big of a deal to make those items drop on execute only. their decision obviously, but its a good idea. or you could you know, make y drop automatically in towns and require execution out of it....

Edited by TheRealLethal
/|/|0T4RD likes this

Seriously. Someone, idc who, give me a list of items that still have briefcase item models, and I can find a compromise. There are plenty of assets that came with Tanoa and plenty of other unused assets. Sure, some of them may be "reaching" to make the connection. But as I said, why does it matter. I don't identify Y inv by item model anyway. 

22 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

You have to be careful with Tanoan assets. Last time we tried using a Tanoa building on Altis it kicked everyone who didn't own the DLC.

Ok, even then, I was looking at the assets list last night. 

There are Tons of assets I know that are not being used for Y.

FFS, they have 12 different colors of colored pencils. 

And its not like we need to do it with Flawless or ores, because no one is putting in comp because there car exploded while carrying ore. 

·         Drugs Proc + Ingredients (Maybe)

o    Coke Proc, Heatpack

o    Phos – Clay Skeet

o    Ephedra – Battery

o    Hydrogen – Ricebox

o    Meth – Disinfectant spray

o    Coke Unproc - Powdered Milk (Yes, there is an asset for this)

·         Medi supplies (-Weed)

o    Defib, has model

o    BB, has model

o    PK, has model

o    Adrenaline (Pen model?) It is a pen after all

·         Other

o    Redgull (Has model)

o    Lockpick (Has Model)

o    Ziptie (Metal wire?)

o    Tac bacon, has model

o    Water, has model

o    Drill, has model

o    Fuel cans, Change it, it probably has a large enough model to break things (Canteen model)

o    Vehicle Ammo, Has model? Ammobox_rounds if not

Forgetting anything? 

Whats not listed is probably fine or not carried enough to cause issues. 

Edited by Axe
5 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

A battery for Ephedra makes zero sense.....

Here's your asset list.

and here's your substitution.

Ok, well why dont we focus on using models for things that people actually carry when IFrits/Orcas are exploding, and then work out from there.

And don't you think "making sense" is worth sacrificing manpower to deal with comp all day. 

I'll have a revised list by end of day. 

/|/|0T4RD likes this
	_model = switch(_item) do
	{	
		case "life_inv_oilp":  { "Land_CanisterOil_F" };
		case "life_inv_heroinu":  { "Land_WaterPurificationTablets_F" };
		case "life_inv_heroinp":  { "Land_Antibiotic_F" };
		case "life_inv_water":  { "Land_BottlePlastic_V2_F" };
		case "life_inv_fuelF":  { "Land_Canteen_F" };
		case "life_inv_fuelE":  { "Land_Canteen_F" };  
		case "life_inv_tbacon":  { "Land_TacticalBacon_F" };
		case "life_inv_lockpick":  { "Land_Screwdriver_V1_F" };
		case "life_inv_redgull":  { "Land_Can_V3_F" };
		case "life_inv_coke":  { "Land_RiceBox_F" };
		case "life_inv_cokep":  { "Land_PowderedMilk_F" };
		case "life_inv_cokepure":  { "Land_HeatPack_F" };
		case "life_inv_ephedra":  { "Land_DisinfectantSpray_F" };
		case "life_inv_meth":  { "Land_VitaminBottle_F" };
		case "life_inv_phos":  { "Land_ButaneCanister_F" };
		case "life_inv_hydro":  { "Land_Battery_F" };
		case "life_inv_ziptie":  { "Land_MetalWire_F" };
		case "life_inv_rubber":  { "Skeet_Clay_F" };
		case "life_inv_skinningknife":  { "Land_PenRed_F" };
		case "life_inv_debitcard":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };   - Doesnt drop 
		case "life_inv_blindfold":  { "Land_Bucket_F" };
		case "life_inv_drill":  { "Land_DrillAku_F	Land_Antibiotic_F" };
		case "life_inv_goldbar":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" }; - No one should be dying in Ifrits/Orcas with gold on them
		case "life_inv_dirty_money":  { "Land_Money_F" };
		case "life_inv_boltCutter":  { "Land_Pliers_F" };
		case "life_inv_demoCharge":  { "Land_MultiMeter_F" };
		case "life_inv_defib":  { "Land_Defibrillator_F" };
		case "life_inv_bloodbag":  { "Land_BloodBag_F" };
		case "life_inv_vammo":  { "	Land_Ammobox_rounds_F" };
		case "life_inv_painkillers":  { "Land_PainKillers_F" };
		case "life_inv_splint":  { "Land_DuctTape_F" };
		case "life_inv_adrenalineShot":  { "Land_PenBlack_F" };
		default { "Land_Suitcase_F" };
	};

ITEMS with that I have no idea what they are.
		case "life_inv_treasure_1":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_treasure_2":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_treasure_3":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_treasure_4":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_treasure_5":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_treasure":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };    IDK WHAT THESE ARE.
		case "life_inv_sugar":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };       IDK WHAT THIS IS
		case "life_inv_sugarcane":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };   IDK WHAT THIS IS
		case "life_inv_plank":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };  	  ????? 
		case "life_inv_banana":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };      ????? 
		case "life_inv_ginger":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };      ???? 
		case "life_inv_cocaleaf":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };    ????? 
		case "life_inv_cocapaste":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };   ????
		case "life_inv_fishingpoles":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" }; WTF IS THIS?
		case "life_inv_ephedrau":  { "ASSET CLASS NAME" };   Unused? "au" Aussie?

Laugh at me, Im sure this isnt formatted correctly. Idc. 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgVehicles_EMPTY

Link to look at the models, CTRL F With class name, 

Edited by Axe