Properly Disabling the Engine of an Orca

Dork

It's even easier than that on Asylum due to this script in fn_handleVehicleDamage.sqf:

if (_source isKindOf "Man") then {
	if (typeOf _unit == "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F" && _hitBox == "transmission") then
	{
		_unit setHit ["main_rotor_hit", (_unit getHit "main_rotor_hit") + 0.15 ];
	};
};

I have no idea where the transmission is, but I assume it's a pretty big hitbox, seeing as you can disable an orca by spraying its hull.

Vortex likes this
8 minutes ago, Dork said:

idk, i watched some montages where people are spraying the shaft that holds the rotor blades so im assuming half of the community doesn't know...

Fuck man, if I'm able to shoot out those things I'm probably in a spot where I can shoot out the pilot. Looking to me like 1 tapping the pilot is much easier than putting 2-3 bullets into those. I see how it could be useful though.

3 hours ago, Boris said:

Shooting out the tail rotor is honestly beyond useless for any semi-competent pilot.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Don't waste your time with the tail rotor.

Anyone who has fingers and a brain can fly without it unless you require autohover. 

I know, I know, chill out guys.  :)  Note that I never said anyone should shoot out the tail rotor, I just wanted to know if it was old or outdated information.  Using information from old Arma patches is soooo embarrassing.

Just now, Olivia said:

I know, I know, chill out guys.  :)  Note that I never said anyone should shoot out the tail rotor, I just wanted to know if it was old or outdated information.  Using information from old Arma patches is soooo embarrassing.

Short Answer.

Yes. Outdated.

Havent had my tail shot out in months. 

On 10/20/2016 at 4:24 PM, Boris said:

Shooting out the tail rotor is honestly beyond useless for any semi-competent pilot.

Yeah, If you have played game modes where you get shot down pretty easily, you quickly learn how to maneuver the helicopter enough to stop the helicopter from spinning after the tail rotor goes out.