People who Say Altis Life is Dead

Okay so I'm brand new to ArmA and Altis Life/Asylum and i've heard multiple people saying that the servers are "dead" but I can't understand this because If i just started and everything is brand new to me its apparently not dead to me. There are going to be plenty of new people who aren't bored with the game yet and there will always be vets who love the game. The game is about the community and imho Asylum is great. Very active boards and some really nice people on boards and servers. Of course there are d**** out there but with enough good players active on boards and in servers and TS the good will outweigh the bad. Also with active players who are honest, people are not going to get away with constant RDM/VDM people speak of. I just want to post this to let people know Altis Life and Asylum is very much alive and even growing still! 

Just now, |Cam| said:

I doubt many people come on these forums with non arma 3 altis life backrounds.

I didn't even know what altis was until i saw it on youtube. I think many more new people will come. I have a friend that is upgrading his PC and he is going to join. And i am getting a better PC just to play it on higher settings. Besides there will only be more people to come + new content will eventually come out from Bohemian.

The reason people are saying this is because gang life is fairly boring and many believe it is hard to make money on the servers so they want better ways to make cash and the money cap removed. Cartels need to be changed more then just moving the cap spot every server restart, while we did listen to the people the first time about changing the passive gain from cartels because it was to much most people want to see something like it come back because well fighting is expensive. Most people hate the money cap but honestly it is living up to the purpose it was made for which is to stop people from being able to fight all day and they have to go make money. But, mainly many of the people who state the servers are dying honestly are just upset and think we don't listen to their opinions when most of the staff sits here and actually reads almost anything posted on the forums.

2 hours ago, eric91611 said:

Okay so I'm brand new to ArmA and Altis Life/Asylum and i've heard multiple people saying that the servers are "dead" but I can't understand this because If i just started and everything is brand new to me its apparently not dead to me. There are going to be plenty of new people who aren't bored with the game yet and there will always be vets who love the game. The game is about the community and imho Asylum is great. Very active boards and some really nice people on boards and servers. Of course there are d**** out there but with enough good players active on boards and in servers and TS the good will outweigh the bad. Also with active players who are honest, people are not going to get away with constant RDM/VDM people speak of. I just want to post this to let people know Altis Life and Asylum is very much alive and even growing still! 

You literally just said "brand new". You don't know anything about asylum, or how it used to be. People compare asylum now to back pre-6.0. And to what trilligy said, fighting is way too expensive compared to how hard it is to actually make money on Civ

blinky likes this
13 minutes ago, Poko said:

fighting is way too expensive compared to how hard it is to actually make money on Civ

Its not hard ! Go buy some aging barrels craft scotch fight 3 restarts and every 20 scotch will give you a full loadout. Its not hard is just that most of the people wants fast easy money without any risk or hard work.

Eric916 likes this
2 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

Its not hard ! Go buy some aging barrels craft scotch fight 3 restarts and every 20 scotch will give you a full loadout. Its not hard is just that most of the people wants fast easy money without any risk or hard work.

That may be true, but i haven't had enough time to actually try out scotch. Before that there making money was completely ridiculous to be honest, so i was just basing it off that

1 minute ago, Poko said:

That may be true, but i haven't had enough time to actually try out scotch. Before that there making money was completely ridiculous to be honest, so i was just basing it off that

I understand that, maybe it's not hard but time consuming I will agree with that, but most of the things that are high time consuming have high reward, like heroine right now 

5 minutes ago, TwinCities said:

I understand that, maybe it's not hard but time consuming I will agree with that, but most of the things that are high time consuming have high reward, like heroine right now 

Yeah. Most of the time you'll be robbed or caught by cops as well, and then you can throw 30k down the drain in a single fight. 

Asylum is one of the most popular servers and even at that, the most populated servers are Altis Life servers so I would never consider Altis Life dead.  For Asylum itself, by no stretch of the imagination is Asylum dead or dying, you're going to see a slight population boost after the release of the modded server too I bet.  Cartels are lacking, which makes the players who solely do cartels and not much else very bored with the game.  Again, I think the best way to help with that is make cartels pay straight into the bank account again, fighting at a cartels nowadays is mostly for the fight which has its upsides and downsides but new players will usually avoid cartels if there is nothing they get out of it. 

11 hours ago, eric91611 said:

It's dead in terms of how barely anyone plays arma/altis life...compared to other popular games

Fucking piece of shit wouldn't let me quote wtf!
anyways If barely anyone plays it why are servers completely full on weekends? may not be quite as many people on but there is still a lot. and Krypton new noobies like me become dedicated community members.

Not to say you guys are wrong though im sure the servers were better at a certain point. What changed post 6.0 and why don't they just change it back?

Edited by eric91611
SheriffJohnBeard likes this
2 hours ago, eric91611 said:

Fucking piece of shit wouldn't let me quote wtf!
anyways If barely anyone plays it why are servers completely full on weekends? may not be quite as many people on but there is still a lot. and Krypton new noobies like me become dedicated community members.

Not to say you guys are wrong though im sure the servers were better at a certain point. What changed post 6.0 and why don't they just change it back?

I understand you are new, but theres a lot you don't / will never know. pre 6.0 was a lot different. The APD about a year ago was a lot different. Gang life about a year ago was a lot different. These are the types of things people are referring to when they might say asylum is dead. A lot of RP on both the cop and rebel side has died down a ton. Lots of cops don't feel like RPing anymore, and even more rebels don't feel like RPing. Kind of just feels like one big death match server with a few guidelines

There was also no cap on money so you could make a ton of it if you weren't in a gang, and then when you joined a gang you were set. Now, there's a cap so you can't really do that and are forced to constantly make money. This is a little annoying but honestly serves a good purpose like the admins said. I just wish when I have to finally make money that I could find a way to do it that I actually enjoyed instead of turning it into a job

One last edit: Now that paratus can actually mod the servers it will be so much better. The only downfall is that we can't really have nice vehicles like CG has because you'll just get dome pieced out of your Lambo and someone will take that shit in 2 seconds lol

Edited by Poko
Eric916 likes this
6 minutes ago, Poko said:

I understand you are new, but theres a lot you don't / will never know. pre 6.0 was a lot different. The APD about a year ago was a lot different. Gang life about a year ago was a lot different. These are the types of things people are referring to when they might say asylum is dead. A lot of RP on both the cop and rebel side has died down a ton. Lots of cops don't feel like RPing anymore, and even more rebels don't feel like RPing. Kind of just feels like one big death match server with a few guidelines

Great explanation. That Sucks. and this might be a noob point of view but imo to keep the game what it's intended to be there almost needs to be a bigger penalty for not RPing maybe temp bans? and Cops should have to RP or be demoted, etc. It may be hard to enforce but if enough people on the servers pay attention and make it clear in the chat that they need to follow server rules or they will get banned most people will comply just out of fear even though the likelyness of a ban is very low. its like animals in a corral they can get out but they don't know that.  like is said maybe a noob perspective but i don't think its too much because it will help keep it from becoming a deathmatch server. cuz that sounds terrible.

3 minutes ago, eric91611 said:

Great explanation. That Sucks. and this might be a noob point of view but imo to keep the game what it's intended to be there almost needs to be a bigger penalty for not RPing maybe temp bans? and Cops should have to RP or be demoted, etc. It may be hard to enforce but if enough people on the servers pay attention and make it clear in the chat that they need to follow server rules or they will get banned most people will comply just out of fear even though the likelyness of a ban is very low. its like animals in a corral they can get out but they don't know that.  like is said maybe a noob perspective but i don't think its too much because it will help keep it from becoming a deathmatch server. cuz that sounds terrible.

The thing is this server is minimum RP so even though it's frowned upon to lack a ton of RP, it isn't against the rules. The cop statement you said is very true imo. I think they should be demoted for failure to RP. You choose to be a cop, so if you don't want to RP then you get demoted. Not much incentive for rebels to RP at the moment because it won't help them much considering very few officers throw out pardons. I think we'll have to wait for the modded server to really see if anything changes and maybe RP will be a bigger thing. I'd like to see more thorough initiation on both cops/rebels parts though. No more of this texting bullshit and no more of this siren/jump out and shoot. I think both sides lack a ton of initiation and it's sickening

Edited by Poko
Eric916 and SheriffJohnBeard like this
Just now, Poko said:

The thing is this server is minimum RP so even though it's frowned upon to lack a ton of RP, it isn't against the rules. The cop statement you said is very true imo. I think they should be demoted for failure to RP. You choose to be a cop, so if you don't want to RP then you get demoted. Not much incentive for rebels to RP at the moment because it won't help them much considering very few officers throw out pardons. I think we'll have to wait for the modded server to really see if anything changes

Interesting perspective I agree. Well it does say in APD SOP that you have to RP at all times. But i do understand the leniency. As long as it does not cause the server to become a deathmatch server then at that point I would expect at least a Moderate enforcement rather than minimum. Everything in moderation right :D 

Poko likes this