Strengthen Orcas Again

Can we please have orcas slightly stronger, similar to before? Right now, an mk20c and 6.5mm can easily kill side windows, and even pilot. Orcas used to be really useful for cartels, doing hot drops, combat landings, now cops get 7.62....so please Restore the orcas. Also, dont say Bohemia nerfed them...their values can be changed and strengthened just like ifrits/striders. We had cops with only 6.5mm for a year, and now that they can get 7.62, make orcas strong again. They're worse than Hellcats, because they get shot out the same, but cost $3500 to pull out and cost more to buy.

Kitui, Shepurd and Gatorade like this
6 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Also, cops cant even use orcas because they are literally getting shot out over and over because the glass is paper thin now.

Remove 7.62 

Easy

The amount of cops with 7.62 isn't significant enough to justify a buff on Orcas...how bout we buff Striders though?

Edited by epTic
Capt Pepper and Big Fred like this
Just now, epTic said:

Remove 7.62 

Easy

Only for cops. If you want to remove 7.62 from rebels you're delusional since Altis life was built for REBELS, and then cop....Rebel is ALWAYS to be favored since it is the hardest side to play, and costs the most, and has the most population. Cops don't even pay for gear on Asylum anymore essentially unless you choose to.

Just now, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Only for cops. If you want to remove 7.62 from rebels you're delusional since Altis life was built for REBELS, and then cop....Rebel is ALWAYS to be favored since it is the hardest side to play, and costs the most, and has the most population. Cops don't even pay for gear on Asylum anymore essentially unless you choose to.

Remove 7.62 for both sides ;) 

giphy.gif

DreamC, Reavantos, Subaru and 6 others like this
Just now, epTic said:

Remove 7.62 for both sides ;) 

That would be plain retarded. Why would you remove 7.62? Rebels are supposed to be better geared than cops, since the goal of Altis life is to promote rebel activities, and have multiple cops try to stop rebels from doing those activities. Not make cops even with rebels so they can decimate them for free. If rebels didnt have 7.62, and if cops didnt have 7.62...I would kill so many people because they would be even matched to my free cop gear.

Flax likes this

Actually the values can't be changed. A script can be applied that works like the seatbelt, similar to what makes vehicle wheels strong on Olympus. Whenever a vehicle takes damage, you increase its health. It's why your health goes up when you crash with a seatbelt on. However this will not work for things such as window penetration and I have no idea how you can apply that concept to a Orca

2 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

That would be plain retarded. Why would you remove 7.62? Rebels are supposed to be better geared than cops, since the goal of Altis life is to promote rebel activities, and have multiple cops try to stop rebels from doing those activities. Not make cops even with rebels so they can decimate them for free. If rebels didnt have 7.62, and if cops didnt have 7.62...I would kill so many people because they would be even matched to my free cop gear.

Rebels would still have the edge even if both sides had only pistols. 

Rebels have the better armor, better teamwork, better positions, better comms, and the ability to preaim cops as they push across open areas. 

Maybe you wouldn't kill so many rebels all the time if you didn't always load lethals when told not to. 

giphy.gif

Edited by epTic
1 minute ago, epTic said:

Proning on a roof for 15 minutes and 3rd person peaking is really hard, please don't laugh at Krypton like that.

WHy don't I see you getting kills if it's so easy hahaha. Very few rebels even are good at this game...rebel are ALWAYS getting caught except for the super gangs, who get caught maybe 30% of the time. That's pretty good for cops considering they have to pay nothing to kill someone.

Flax likes this
Just now, epTic said:

Rebels would still have the edge even if both sides had only pistols. 

Rebels have the better armor, better teamwork, better positions, better comms, and the ability to preaim cops as they push across open areas. 

I mean, 6.5mm vs a Tactical Vest or carrier light has always been 3-4 hits randomly...they are similar. What other armor do we get? The fact that they work together as a team should not be an argument about the base features of something.

Steve likes this

WHy don't I see you getting kills if it's so easy hahaha. Very few rebels even are good at this game...rebel are ALWAYS getting caught except for the super gangs, who get caught maybe 30% of the time. That's pretty good for cops considering they have to pay nothing to kill someone.

Because I listen to higher ups when they say no lethals ;)

10 minutes ago, Haych said:

Actually the values can't be changed. A script can be applied that works like the seatbelt, similar to what makes vehicle wheels strong on Olympus. Whenever a vehicle takes damage, you increase its health. It's why your health goes up when you crash with a seatbelt on. However this will not work for things such as window penetration and I have no idea how you can apply that concept to a Orca

I believe they can, TO create a modded car you have to specify all the elements, including glass. It seems there would 100% be a way to modify the default orca PBO and change the glass.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I can't say i'm a fan of the flying tank.  It is a helicopter, people shouldn't be using them in such unrealistic ways, this includes both sides.

Well On a real helicopter, they have bullet proof glass that'll catch multiple bullets....and sides that are impenetrable to an ak47's 7.62....so it IS realistic. Plus we're playing a game, and orcas cost over 10% of our money cap.

Shepurd likes this

I believe they can, TO create a modded car you have to specify all the elements, including glass. It seems there would 100% be a way to modify the default orca PBO and change the glass.

Without modding its not possible unfortunately. However, you can adjust things such as the center of mass changing the way vehicles handle, but you can't adjust armour values, penetration resistance etc, etc..

6 minutes ago, Haych said:

Without modding its not possible unfortunately. However, you can adjust things such as the center of mass changing the way vehicles handle, but you can't adjust armour values, penetration resistance etc, etc..

Olympus scripts the vehicles to be less damaged. Even Asylum edited the Ifrit's protection without any modding.

Edited by 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》

Olympus mods the vehicles to be less damaged. Even Asylum edited the Ifrit's protection without any modding.

If you read my first post I explained how the Olympus script worked. Its a ghetto way of doing it. It has nothing to do with adjusting armour values. It's just a simple script that works exactly like the seatbelt script. >Take damage> Add health. Making it seem like the wheels are strong because you simply gain health as you take damage. Its why you gain health if you crash with your seatbelt on.

48 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Can we please have orcas slightly stronger, similar to before? Right now, an mk20c and 6.5mm can easily kill side windows, and even pilot. Orcas used to be really useful for cartels, doing hot drops, combat landings, now cops get 7.62....so please Restore the orcas. Also, dont say Bohemia nerfed them...their values can be changed and strengthened just like ifrits/striders. We had cops with only 6.5mm for a year, and now that they can get 7.62, make orcas strong again. They're worse than Hellcats, because they get shot out the same, but cost $3500 to pull out and cost more to buy.

im-not-sure-if-this-is-serious-or-a-good

Volunteer281 likes this
1 minute ago, Haych said:

If you read my first post I explained how the Olympus script worked. Its a ghetto way of doing it. It has nothing to do with adjusting armour values. It's just a simple script that works exactly like the seatbelt script. >Take damage> Add health. Making it seem like the wheels are strong because you simply gain health as you take damage. Its why you gain health if you crash with your seatbelt on.

Ok then Asylum does that aswell for the ifrit. The script can add health to the orca for a certain amount of damage as well then.

7 minutes ago, 《New》 Krypton 《wəN》 said:

Olympus mods the vehicles to be less damaged. Even Asylum edited the Ifrit's protection without any modding.

As Haych correctly pointed out, the difference there being the use of a damageHandler that reduced incoming damage by a specific factor. However glass, wall panels, and pretty much everything else are all lumped into the hull category, there is no specific hit part for glass. Meaning this method would only reduce damage taken by the vehicle part itself not the pilot. You could write a similar script to protect the pilot, however that would end up causing additional problems without really prolonging their life by a significant factor.

The script based options here are really limited. 

Haych and Reavantos like this
Just now, Buckwalter said:

As Haych correctly pointed out, the different there being the use of a damageHandler that reduced incoming damage at a specific rate. However glass, wall panels, and pretty much everything else are all lumped into the hull category, there is no specific hit part for glass. Meaning this method would only reduce damage taken by the vehicle part itself not the pilot. You could write a similar script to protect the pilot, however that would end up causing additional problems without really prolonging their life by a significant factor.

The script based options here are really limited. 

If the script was written correctly it would work then....but it would probably take 30+ iterations to work based on previous server bug rate.

Why don't you play rebel Goldberg? You got raped in Tempest. Too hard so you play cop or civilian.

I play civ mainly and almost always have.  I've never claimed to be a "good rebel" or shot for the two months I was in a large gang and never really liked the big rebel gang culture.  It's a culture of selfish entitled teenagers that are to scared to play solo or in a 2-3 man group.  So they role around in an orca setting up in defensive positions so they can post edited montage videos to make themselves feel better and seek validation from their peers.  Then they ask to have the game changed to benefit them and not consider or care about its impact on others.   That's just my opinion with my own bias.

Everyone plays Asylum for their own reasons and enjoyment, but claiming that playing rebel is hard and the largest population is woeful ignorance.  

Just now, Goldberg Attorney at Law said:

I play civ mainly and almost always have.  I've never claimed to be a "good rebel" or shot for the two months I was in a large gang and never really liked the big rebel gang culture.  It's a culture of selfish entitled teenagers that are to scared to play solo or in a 2-3 man group.  So they role around in an orca setting up in defensive positions so they can post edited montage videos to make themselves feel better and seek validation from their peers.  Then they ask to have the game changed to benefit them and not consider or care about its impact on others.   That's just my opinion with my own bias.

Everyone plays Asylum for their own reasons and enjoyment, but claiming that playing rebel is hard and the largest population is woeful ignorance.  

Good that's not me since I love playing with 2-3 man groups, I attack things on foot and usually don't defend even at bank/prison, and I don't give one care about what other loser players think about me here. Again you say rebel is easy yet when you play it you don't do good enough to consider it easy. 

Ok then Asylum does that aswell for the ifrit. The script can add health to the orca for a certain amount of damage as well then.

I have never seen it put into place when it comes to helicopters. It might work, but it will effect things such as rough landings, shooting back rotors, shooting fuel tanks etc.. Not just the glass.