Potential drone addition for lieutenants+ | MQ-4A Greyhawk

It would be interesting to have another addition to the drone selection in the APD. If balance is a concern you could potentially remove the thermal imaging capabilities so you would choose between the speed of the Greyhawk and the superior thermal imaging of the current AR-2 Darter.

Hamman-Altis-15139-8-17214-6-4-3061-15-9

Added notes:

I agree with Michael that both the Greyhawk and the current Darter if used properly are virtually unkillable. Along with the speed this could be a real concern to some civilians who feel it's too powerful of a tool. I feel however there are different restrictive parameters that could be added to keep it from being oppressive. 

As mentioned below by heater you could make it only for use at federal events and or chasing APB's/high value warrants/cartel raids etc...

You could also along with potentially removing the thermal capability(Current jets have this), allow it to be used as the current darter is but have it only be usable once per restart and have the fuel limited to around 30 minutes or so.

Such restrictions could be discussed among the developers, captains, and mitch to help find a good balance. Would be great to see these things as I love drones and they are pretty dope.

Edited by Austin Rogers The Original
Added additional notes
Sandwich and heater like this

Drones (the darter) are pretty OP all things considered as it can provide significant information to cops at no risk of death. the tradeoff for this is that it gets rolled by 1 bullet from a 9mm and crumbles like @Junker in the bedroom.

I just spent a couple minutes in the editor and in my opinion the speed matched with height capability and extra protection (for all intents and purposes it is indestructible from below without anti-air missiles) would make this way too OP at almost no increased benefit than what we already have with the darter.

Its also much too fast in general, one of the reasons the darter has balance is because it's very shit and slow so it can't really chase things effectively, this thing would be faster than most land vehicles

Edited by Michael L
Kraken and Austin M like this
56 minutes ago, Michael L said:

Drones (the darter) are pretty OP all things considered as it can provide significant information to cops at no risk of death. the tradeoff for this is that it gets rolled by 1 bullet from a 9mm and crumbles like @Junker in the bedroom.

I just spent a couple minutes in the editor and in my opinion the speed matched with height capability and extra protection (for all intents and purposes it is indestructible from below without anti-air missiles) would make this way too OP at almost no increased benefit than what we already have with the darter.

Its also much too fast in general, one of the reasons the darter has balance is because it's very shit and slow so it can't really chase things effectively, this thing would be faster than most land vehicles

I agree with these concerns and have posted some added notes in my post as a response. I think it can be balanced and or made to be used during appropriate times.