APD 'New Player' Check on Search

Sandwich

Quick little idea. We're pushing for the best new player experience (and existing of course too) on the server, of course. 

During processing sometimes there's actual RP that goes on (we love that). During Processing/Searching we can sometimes ask "are you new to the island?" etc. Which helps us be lowkey in finding out if who we're talking to is new. Then being able to be a little easier with them if so. 

I'm suggesting an idea that during a Search, there's a part of the search that states "New Player?" and then "Yes" or "No". This can be filtered by if the player we're searching has more than maybe like 48 hours (2 days) played on the server. No need to list a specific number or anything, just the system picking up if they have over 2 days played or under. 

More than 48 hours played? "No", not a new player. Less than 48 hours? "Yes", they are a New Player. 
"No" could be red and "Yes" could be green

That's it. A simple idea that I feel APD Staff could help push to be a little more easy going on New Players. 

GravL, williamm, Donald and 4 others like this
1 minute ago, zdeat said:

Maybe under the name could be in bright bold red "New Player" if they have under 50 hours on civilian. 120 Hours of in game time is a lot to still be considered new. Then again the hour range could be higher?

Probably not red, they're gonna get shot like crazy. Maybe a bright yellow

10 minutes ago, Jr4life24 said:

Probably not red, they're gonna get shot like crazy. Maybe a bright yellow

This would only show up in the Search box on the right side of the screen as we're used to as APD when searching. 

12 minutes ago, zdeat said:

Maybe under the name could be in bright bold red "New Player" if they have under 50 hours on civilian. 120 Hours of in game time is a lot to still be considered new. Then again the hour range could be higher?

It was a rough number. 120 hours is definitely a little high. Maybe 48 hours (2 days)

I'll edit it. 

On 3/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, Sandwich said:

Quick little idea. We're pushing for the best new player experience (and existing of course too) on the server, of course. 

During processing sometimes there's actual RP that goes on (we love that). During Processing/Searching we can sometimes ask "are you new to the island?" etc. Which helps us be lowkey in finding out if who we're talking to is new. Then being able to be a little easier with them if so. 

I'm suggesting an idea that during a Search, there's a part of the search that states "New Player?" and then "Yes" or "No". This can be filtered by if the player we're searching has more than maybe like 48 hours (2 days) played on the server. No need to list a specific number or anything, just the system picking up if they have over 2 days played or under. 

More than 48 hours played? "No", not a new player. Less than 48 hours? "Yes", they are a New Player. 
"No" could be red and "Yes" could be green

That's it. A simple idea that I feel APD Staff could help push to be a little more easy going on New Players. 

Personally ive seen when they are new they seem to hate every cop even if u go slow and explain that their tickets can be reduced if they explain. I’ve said this many times and I get a classic “fuck you pig” or “fuck 12” then they don’t have enough money for the ticket and they quit. I don’t think it would change much 

Sandwich likes this
1 minute ago, Chris Peacock said:

Personally ive seen when they are new they seem to hate every cop even if u go slow and explain that their tickets can be reduced if they explain. I’ve said this many times and I get a classic “fuck you pig” or “fuck 12” then they don’t have enough money for the ticket and they quit. I don’t think it would change much 

Well it doesnt always have to be in relation to processing/tickets. If APD can know someone is genuienly new, there's a lot of wiggle room for being nicer, trying to RP more, RP differently, etc. 

Although I do see what you mean, I believe this idea would do more good than harm.

BlackShot likes this
  • 3 weeks later...