Events

I've been watching a bit of Arma videos recently and I had a couple ideas for new events.  I think that the past couple community events have been good, but a few shorter ones could also be fun.  Most of these I had envisioned would be for just a weekend, but they could also be different lengths.  Maybe even as short as a restart for some of them, sort of like Ark SOTF used to be.

[X-Gun/ Class only weekend]

This is pretty simple, for a weekend the only weapons you would be able to pick up would be for example handguns only, or shotguns only.  Those were the first two I thought of but maybe hunting rifles could be a fun one as well.  I imagined that it would be done similarly to how it used to be with talents and holding 7.62's, so you would only be able to hold a certain type of weapon, and maybe others are temporarily removed from the store.

[Reset Weekends]

I think this could be fun to do every once and a while and there could be a lot of different prizes.  Similarly, to how it was last year when they did the wipe weekend this would be a day or a weekend every once and a while where the server would use a blank database.  At the end of the event prizes would be given out for Most money earned in the weekend, highest bounty earned, most blood money earned, most arrests, etc.  Maybe some OP weapons or some blood money/ifrits could be given to the winners.

[Fed Days/Weekends]

Either different events are disabled or get boosted benefits for a limited time.  Maybe Gas Stations are reduced in number temporarily and the benefits are increased and APD responses tweaked.

[Double Bounty]

This is fairly straight forward in that for a limited time charges would be worth twice as much as they currently are.  For this one you would have to make an exception for the players that are classified as new (how it is for the searching thing).  

[$/ Blood $/Different Item Competitions]

These could be broader and almost operate as a quest system, but maybe on any given day/restart there is a running competition for who can process the most cocaine, or make the most money, or get the most blood money.  These would be maybe daily challenges and there could be automated rewards for getting 1st,2nd,3rd.  

On 6/24/2023 at 4:43 PM, P.FitzWallace said:

I've been watching a bit of Arma videos recently and I had a couple ideas for new events.  I think that the past couple community events have been good, but a few shorter ones could also be fun.  Most of these I had envisioned would be for just a weekend, but they could also be different lengths.  Maybe even as short as a restart for some of them, sort of like Ark SOTF used to be.

[X-Gun/ Class only weekend]

This is pretty simple, for a weekend the only weapons you would be able to pick up would be for example handguns only, or shotguns only.  Those were the first two I thought of but maybe hunting rifles could be a fun one as well.  I imagined that it would be done similarly to how it used to be with talents and holding 7.62's, so you would only be able to hold a certain type of weapon, and maybe others are temporarily removed from the store.

[Reset Weekends]

I think this could be fun to do every once and a while and there could be a lot of different prizes.  Similarly, to how it was last year when they did the wipe weekend this would be a day or a weekend every once and a while where the server would use a blank database.  At the end of the event prizes would be given out for Most money earned in the weekend, highest bounty earned, most blood money earned, most arrests, etc.  Maybe some OP weapons or some blood money/ifrits could be given to the winners.

[Fed Days/Weekends]

Either different events are disabled or get boosted benefits for a limited time.  Maybe Gas Stations are reduced in number temporarily and the benefits are increased and APD responses tweaked.

[Double Bounty]

This is fairly straight forward in that for a limited time charges would be worth twice as much as they currently are.  For this one you would have to make an exception for the players that are classified as new (how it is for the searching thing).  

[$/ Blood $/Different Item Competitions]

These could be broader and almost operate as a quest system, but maybe on any given day/restart there is a running competition for who can process the most cocaine, or make the most money, or get the most blood money.  These would be maybe daily challenges and there could be automated rewards for getting 1st,2nd,3rd.  

I feel like the processing ones have already been done and there aren’t enough guns in vanilla arma to do an X only weekend or whatever. 

I personally like the double bounty… but it wouldn’t really add anything 

9 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

I feel like the processing ones have already been done and there aren’t enough guns in vanilla arma to do an X only weekend or whatever. 

I personally like the double bounty… but it wouldn’t really add anything 

I definitely see what your saying here,  after flushing it out a little more I envisioned the processing ones built more into the game like the chop “looking for car” would be.  Ideally there would be a specialty trader who players would sell specific items to on a restart-restart basis, and after completing a certain number of sales (5000 x item per restart ex) the player would get a bust-like boost on prices.  Almost like how the old OP seasonal quests were but for rotating items and for short time.

in terms of the guns while there are obviously more guns on a modded instance I think there’s still plenty,  here’s just what I can think of off the top of my head for different classes.

Pistol

Rook,Po7,P09,Acp,Zubr,4-5,

Smg(this is smallest)

Protector,sting,vermin,sdar

baby Ar

spar,car,katibas,mx family, trgs, type, etc

while there’s not 150 of each type I think pistols only or smg only would be a fun event. 

2 hours ago, P.FitzWallace said:

I definitely see what your saying here,  after flushing it out a little more I envisioned the processing ones built more into the game like the chop “looking for car” would be.  Ideally there would be a specialty trader who players would sell specific items to on a restart-restart basis, and after completing a certain number of sales (5000 x item per restart ex) the player would get a bust-like boost on prices.  Almost like how the old OP seasonal quests were but for rotating items and for short time.

in terms of the guns while there are obviously more guns on a modded instance I think there’s still plenty,  here’s just what I can think of off the top of my head for different classes.

Pistol

Rook,Po7,P09,Acp,Zubr,4-5,

Smg(this is smallest)

Protector,sting,vermin,sdar

baby Ar

spar,car,katibas,mx family, trgs, type, etc

while there’s not 150 of each type I think pistols only or smg only would be a fun event. 

I’m fine with any event except the weapons one. It would be so much trouble to implement these things into all factions and with little to no variety in any of the categories except small rifles everyone would just use the type or the promet. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

Only if we disable coveralls

At least with my initial thinking that would be part of it, something like for smaller caliber things armor is capped lower, and for higher caliber thing maybe armor is cheaper.