AFD Quality of Life and content suggestions

Kernikov

Issue: Medic population is low and often you are sitting alone. When there are multiple medics, medics will sit seperately due to different postings and preferring to interact with civilians instead of each other. 
Suggestion: Allow medics to tether to APD officers. Requires consent from the officers/higher up, abuse can result in APD and AFD points. Medic is to primarily treat/assist officers, can not aid rebels at events. AFD General Policy 1-2 (reviving in-front of murderer) stands, is not to revive rebels "for" cops. AFD IA to handle conduct. Possible lead to APD medic slots being reduced/reassigned to UC/warrant/other

Issue: AEMT+ can only impound APD / civilian hunters.
Suggestion: Allow medics to impound APD striders and ifrits as well
Separate Suggestion: Allow medics to impound civilian striders and ifrits. (Separate because I feel this could result in push back due to destroying cop evidence, etc. Can work around with gameplay/policy?)

Issue: The closest spawn for Donor/Therisa fires is Pyrgos, even if you pull a firetruck at Air HQ this is a long drive. Same with south rebel area.
Suggestion: AFD Taru fuel variant for higher ranked firefighters, smaller/faster/slingable firetruck variant as well(?)

Feature: Paramedic+ can 'stabilize'(buzzword of choice) a dead civilian, giving them an option to accept the revive OR receive a guaranteed hospital spawn (this will include their gear).
Balance this with a limit per medic or giving the civ some kind of penalty (50k or some other large amount to cover their medical treatment?)

Issue: Not enough incentive to wait for an AFD medic vs civ / APD medic
Suggestion: increase penalty for untrained revive, chance of failure(halves timer, crit fail kills possibly if same faction?) lower max health, longer revive debuff, longer no stamina, etc.

Asher likes this
35 minutes ago, Kernikov said:

Allow medics to tether to APD officers. Requires consent from the officers/higher up, abuse can result in APD and AFD points. Medic is to primarily treat/assist officers, can not aid rebels at events. AFD General Policy 1-2 (reviving in-front of murderer) stands, is not to revive rebels "for" cops. AFD IA to handle conduct. Possible lead to APD medic slots being reduced/reassigned to UC/warrant/other

-1 stop pushing your faction into ours 

@KernikovIf you wish to improve the AFD , nerfing the APD or making them work togther wont work , you been here for a long time you should know it , no officer would want a medic to Ride-Along with them , I can only advice that you attempt to suggest stuff that will improve medic faction with out involving the APD , I dont belive it will get you far , but I may be wrong .
Also I hate to agree with @Chow Mein but I have too .

Akula likes this
Guest Doomba
On 2/22/2024 at 5:07 PM, Kernikov said:

Suggestion: Allow medics to tether to APD officers. Requires consent from the officers/higher up, abuse can result in APD and AFD points. Medic is to primarily treat/assist officers, can not aid rebels at events. AFD General Policy 1-2 (reviving in-front of murderer) stands, is not to revive rebels "for" cops. AFD IA to handle conduct. Possible lead to APD medic slots being reduced/reassigned to UC/warrant/other

I would be down for this being an option but the APD wont want it.

Issue: AEMT+ can only impound APD / civilian hunters.
Suggestion: Allow medics to impound APD striders and ifrits as well
Separate Suggestion: Allow medics to impound civilian striders and ifrits. (Separate because I feel this could result in push back due to destroying cop evidence, etc. Can work around with gameplay/policy?)

I'm gonna say impounding illegal civ vehicles will cause more problems than it solves, but I see no reason why we cant impound cop armor

Issue: The closest spawn for Donor/Therisa fires is Pyrgos, even if you pull a firetruck at Air HQ this is a long drive. Same with south rebel area.
Suggestion: AFD Taru fuel variant for higher ranked firefighters, smaller/faster/slingable firetruck variant as well(?)

The axe you get when you deploy as firefighter sticks out through the top of helis and kills the rotor mid flight. That would need to be removed but this would be cool

Feature: Paramedic+ can 'stabilize'(buzzword of choice) a dead civilian, giving them an option to accept the revive OR receive a guaranteed hospital spawn (this will include their gear).
Balance this with a limit per medic or giving the civ some kind of penalty (50k or some other large amount to cover their medical treatment?)

I dig it, but make it AEMT+, fix hospital spawns so they are actually in the hospitals, and make it cost 10k to use the option. This could help players who have body campers.
Would also be cool if medics could use the van to move dead bodies somewhere else to revive them.

Issue: Not enough incentive to wait for an AFD medic vs civ / APD medic
Suggestion: increase penalty for untrained revive, chance of failure(halves timer, crit fail kills possibly if same faction?) lower max health, longer revive debuff, longer no stamina, etc.

I would like to see first aid overhauled across the board. I like the way Oly does it where you have a death timer if revived by an untrained person that can only be removed via medic or hospital. Lets you finish the fight but you still need actual medical attention

I'd like to see the medic slot for cops removed entirely and replaced with another UC slot

13 minutes ago, Doomba said:

I would be down for this being an option but the APD wont want it.

I'm gonna say impounding illegal civ vehicles will cause more problems than it solves, but I see no reason why we cant impound cop armor

The axe you get when you deploy as firefighter sticks out through the top of helis and kills the rotor mid flight. That would need to be removed but this would be cool

I dig it, but make it AEMT+, fix hospital spawns so they are actually in the hospitals, and make it cost 10k to use the option. This could help players who have body campers.
Would also be cool if medics could use the van to move dead bodies somewhere else to revive them.

I would like to see first aid overhauled across the board. I like the way Oly does it where you have a death timer if revived by an untrained person that can only be removed via medic or hospital. Lets you finish the fight but you still need actual medical attention

I'd like to see the medic slot for cops removed entirely and replaced with another UC slot

b6eea001bb4cd21fc20a0cd2fbf271a4.png

This was a rough draft policy written by myself and @JimJim, never gained any traction with the other CPT's before they went into SA.

Some of us do want it, there's just a decent bit that goes on behind the scenes that prevent certain things from becoming reality.

Akula and Kernikov like this
Guest Doomba
3 hours ago, Jr4life24 said:

b6eea001bb4cd21fc20a0cd2fbf271a4.png

This was a rough draft policy written by myself and @JimJim, never gained any traction with the other CPT's before they went into SA.

Some of us do want it, there's just a decent bit that goes on behind the scenes that prevent certain things from becoming reality.

I actually like this idea. What can we do to make it happen?

11 minutes ago, Doomba said:

I actually like this idea. What can we do to make it happen?

I personally like the idea, it could definitely add more excitement into the faction instead of just sitting around waiting for revives. my only concern would be if this would change the afd from the neutral faction it's intended to be into being more cop sided. But I'm sure we can figure out a way to balance it. 

First step would be for the current chief, and captains to be on the same page. If they are in favor I'm sure we'll find a way to implement it in a way that would still be fair to all players.

Louie and Kernikov like this
Guest Doomba
9 minutes ago, Akula said:

I personally like the idea, it could definitely add more excitement into the faction instead of just sitting around waiting for revives. my only concern would be if this would change the afd from the neutral faction it's intended to be into being more cop sided. But I'm sure we can figure out a way to balance it. 

First step would be for the current chief, and captains to be on the same page. If they are in favor I'm sure we'll find a way to implement it in a way that would still be fair to all players.

We're having a meeting today I'll bring it up with the new AFD chief and see if we can get an line of communication open with the APD and get some ideas on balancing

2 hours ago, Akula said:

It's strange to have a neutral faction sitting around like the Red Cross when it's labelled and identified in a way that you'd think it'd be a government service adjacent to the APD.

Putting an unarmed medic with a group of police gives you one guaranteed person who can't shoot their way out of a roleplay situation, and perhaps cops may be willing to negotiate for their return.

silenthunter217 likes this
  • 1 month later...
  • Fitz locked this topic