Actually RolePlaying Banks

I think that if a Civ doing the bank says he has hostages,  cops should negotiate instead of shooting.

• This would make it possible for smaller gangs and even gangless civs to have a chance in the event of a  bank robbery.
  • I think however, A fed would be a much different story.
  • Most of the cops on 3 go to these banks with the mentality that "Its just a gang trying to kill us." But if police receive a text saying they want to negotiate there should be an attempt by the law. It would be more fun for both parties.

Leave some feedback, like to hear what we think...

5 minutes ago, David Ortega said:

Ya thats something that could change, cops should give a crap about civs.

i think you havn't understood what hotwings said basically robbing the bank (opening the "vault") requires x amount of minutes, negotiating requires time and they have to stop the bank from being robbed (or prison from finishing, etc...) else rebels will get the money which is not what they want.

one more thing i kidnapped ppl before and if cops have nothing to respond to they will come and negotiate (for example i used to take hostages to a house in front of square that i own) 

Edited by Sleepy
56 minutes ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

I once had a gang that attempted to roleplay having their own gang member as a hostage, and i knew it was bullshit, so killed him.... Was that you guys? :kappa:

Nah, when we did this, we kidnapped some kavala noob, left him retrained on bank entrance and cops just shot him in the face

17 minutes ago, Khaliq Fahid said:

My boy Edge eGamer was the only cop that ever negotiated with us back in the day when I was first in FSA. I miss being able to negotiate, although if a cop does want to now its so they can offer you something useless and set up a trap on your way out. #bringbackedge

Edge negotiated with GhostHawk radar and lethals.... I never once seen that man actually RP once.  lol

Reformed epTic and iFox like this

If you want to role-play a bank you have to do it properly for there to even be a chance.

Set up your gang in appropriate positions (ready to eliminate hostage and suppress cop advancement from your obvious line of fortification/defense AKA don't let people taht aren't the negotiator past the fed gates, into the bank building, the house yard etc. )

Don't have a fake hostage. He might consent but he wants to live and he needs to be able to talk and have a voice that can be heard by a negotiator.

Notify the police via 911 or texting the highest ranking officer online. Always try highest rank first.

Ask for a negotiator, the preferred method is highest ranking officer to come himself or send someone he trusts.

Because if your following this guide you have some sort of intelligence such as he ability to think and be literate, have a story already thought up, with at least 3 different demands ranging from minimum to maximum. Start high, end medium or low.

If your gang blows their load and kills a cop or a cop kills a rebel, expect negotiations to be null. It's VERY hard and I mean VERY hard to control cops/rebels that just got shot and want to shoot back, and if your group is dumb enough to shoot when cops haven't shot yet I mean, your fault?

Understand if negotiations are taking place cops have a right and will surround the area with the best position possible. You can't not tell cops to advance up to a certain point un less the point falls behind the obvious main rebel side of defense. You can always refuse them to enter the area but be prepared to send someone out yourself.

Nobody negotiates through only text. Verbal communication is a must in some form is required for a good experience.

Try and maintain realistic expectations. If someone shoots shits gonna fall through the floor. If you keep making unrealistic demands whether you think them to be or not shits gonna fall through the floor. If you don't have an extremely convincing hostage that's not tagged or a real one shits gonna fall through the floor.

Personal pet peeves that make me not want to continue negotiations or negotiate in the first place:

• Asking me or someone to come naked
  • Demanding an MRAP or police helicopter (excluding hummingbird)
  • Telling the cops to completely stay away from the entire area of action (extremely far away from the rebels obvious line of defense)
  • Telling all cops to holster when you have your guns trained on us (Accept mutual ceasefire, not utter advanatge over one another)
  • Cops have to buy equipment. Honestly if your willing to buy things that are expensive via wiring us money to get them we will trade for hostages
  • Don't be an idiot. Speak coherently, have a story, have demands, have a plan. Look organized and I feel like I'm dealing with someone who will manage to kill someone and many cops before escaping or getting caught.

Just be realistic. (Humor is good though, and can make or break a situation. Use discretion here)

It's not that hard. Just act like a criminal from a movie and expect things as such. Just please be interesting. We will let you get away if we have a good time, or we'll at least value the hostages life and try a very well organized rescue attempt.

It won't work every time, but this is your best shot. (If I'm online it will work every time.)

Best I can do for you.

Pepperidge farm remembers. I remember the time when Prison Breaks and banks were role played at least 40% of the time I would say. The overall feel and population shifted a lot. People used to come to life servers mainly for the RP experience but now they come mainly for the PvP experience. I used to play Wasteland and KoTH for the PvP experience and I only came to Aslyum for RP and to dick around at first now these two modes merged kinda. 

Hell I still try to RP the store robberies I do and cops rarely RP, can't blame them. 

45 minutes ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Pepperidge farm remembers. I remember the time when Prison Breaks and banks were role played at least 40% of the time I would say. The overall feel and population shifted a lot. People used to come to life servers mainly for the RP experience but now they come mainly for the PvP experience. I used to play Wasteland and KoTH for the PvP experience and I only came to Aslyum for RP and to dick around at first now these two modes merged kinda. 

Hell I still try to RP the store robberies I do and cops rarely RP, can't blame them. 

i'm with you 100%, but we all must understand, that the cops only do what they do, in response to how the community has changed.... If the community roleplayed more, the cops would..

RomanRunsCA likes this

Dust pretty much covered it all.  The only things I would add are:

• You should really take advantage of the phone call system to verbally negotiate before shots are fired or cops even head over.  911's are easy to miss especially with SWAT and misc combat prep.
  • Make it abundantly clear that you're there to only RP.  There have been way too many times we pull up to prison, down the guy doing it and then they get upset because apparently we were supposed to tell that he only had a flare gun and a campfire and that other guy was a hostage not an associate?  From all the way across the prison bridge?? Okay
Edited by Olivia
1 hour ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

i'm with you 100%, but we all must understand, that the cops only do what they do, in response to how the community has changed.... If the community roleplayed more, the cops would..

I wouldn't go that far.  Cops aren't RP Gods, neither are rebels because it boils down to the person.  There have been plenty of cops who acted like you didn't even exist if you weren't wanted, they wanted nothing to do with you unless you have a bounty.  Plenty of other cops believe they are a hard ass and just attempt to shoot everyone, no negotiating what so ever.  Neither side is perfect and really lots of rebels are cops and vice versa, it's a community as a whole really.

RP has went down because Asylum is no longer focused around RP and veteran players and players joining the server are not interested in RP, only the PVP aspect.  

6 hours ago, HotWings said:

You cant negotiate a timed event...  "negotiating" is code for staling tactics to get the bank completed.  go to the fed if you want to negotiate.

Maybe you should work fast then to negotiate or get off of the roleplaying server

One time I accreted to RP a bank robbery, complied to everything (went naked with an off road full of donuts, when I arrived they spray my offroad an eventually killed me. Cops started to shoot. Every rebel trying to rob the bank messaged me very mad because "we are the robo cops whom made the APD stand on a bad reputation" 

Really, what do you expect after one of the sides just wanting to shoot.

The next time I give it a chance to RP a bank everything was going good until we realise the "hostages" were fully armed rebels (with mk  and andes and everything) claiming they were force to do it. Please make new stories, in the rare chance I play civ I always try to get with a new sorry every time, but it takes some effort a lot of people is not wanting to do.

Olivia likes this

I would love it.. BUT this is asylum its killing getting money and fight its never gonna happend! 

Just look at server 6 there Was so much Nice roleplay The first few days BUT THEN! People Got money Then they Dident need to roleplay and they start ruin others Way to make money !