(Question)MK wars! Mk 1 vs Mk 14 vs Mk 18

5 minutes ago, CrossFade said:

Mk18 has higher fire rate, Mk1 has more Penetration and mk14 is just aids :D

Actually mk14 has highest recoil/penetration/rate of fire.

Mk1 is most accurate and least recoil

Mk18 is between those above

Go into the editor and test it for yourself. Tbh eventhough hated the most i like tapping with the mk14 vs cop cars at bank/pb.

Use the mk1 for cartel loadout (sniping pushers/heli) 

Mk18 whenever budget buying

The MK-1 if I remember correctly has more, as said above, penetration and less recoil, the MK-18 has a high fire rate but more recoil. The MK-14 is just an MK-18 with way too much recoil, no benefits at all, as far as I know.

RIP last sentence^^

Edited by Corgi
Crossfade likes this

How does the Mk-1 have lower firing rate? Mk-18 and Mk-1 both are 20rd mags that can be semi and automatic, there shouldn't be much of a comparison Mk-1 is simply a better version of the Mk-18 with less recoil, I heard somewhere that the Mk 18 is more accurate in a longer range, but Idk if that's true. As far as penetration goes I don't see how they should differ, they're both 7.62s? 

5 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

As far as penetration goes I don't see how they should differ, they're both 7.62s? 

That's something I'm gonna test.

Although the same round, penetration can differ based on muzzle velocity - which is affected by the length of the barrel.

36 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

How does the Mk-1 have lower firing rate? Mk-18 and Mk-1 both are 20rd mags that can be semi and automatic, there shouldn't be much of a comparison Mk-1 is simply a better version of the Mk-18 with less recoil, I heard somewhere that the Mk 18 is more accurate in a longer range, but Idk if that's true. As far as penetration goes I don't see how they should differ, they're both 7.62s? 

mk-1 is the most accurate at long range.

12 minutes ago, BioHazard_ said:

That's something I'm gonna test.

Although the same round, penetration can differ based on muzzle velocity - which is affected by the length of the barrel.

I've been comparing pictures of the rifles, it looks like the Mk1 has longer barrel, MK 18 is an ABR while the Mk1 is an EBR, it's basically a better version of the gun, but it can't be better at everything. Don't know where the Mk1 falls short tho

At the end of the day a guns a gun they have there pros and cons but it really just comes to the user and how they use it.B) 

Best thing to do go in the editor place a bunch of rebels around Arms cartel etc something you would be regularly fighting and then test out each gun which ever you feel you did best with or enjoyed use that.

And most importantly don't switch just stick with it. Even if you switch and suddenly do better trust me it won't last and all that time getting used to the way the previous gun handled is straight out the window.

A similar thing happened when I used to play a lot of darts I would be playing really well then do shit changed my darts for something a bit heavier or lighter suddenly I would be fucking pro again and then after a couple of days it would just slide do shit again and change. 

Just stick with one you enjoy and do the best.

That's my opinion anyway. I am sure some people are quite versatile and can grab any gun and use it. This is just my experience.  

Sergio likes this

MK1 - My general cartel gun. High velocity, good penetration, easy control recoil.

MK14 - If I know a lot of CQB and MRAP fighting is going to happen, I take this gun. Master the recoil on this and you will shred people out of MRAPs like its nothing. The better hipfire accuracy and high rate of fire compared to its counter parts makes this gun deadly if you learn how to use it.

MK18 - Don't use it that much anymore due to it being inferior when it comes to shooting through walls. The bullets tend to spread a little more because the round travels much slower then its counter parts. I usually pick the Katiba over this.

sah and Sergio like this
4 hours ago, Cassettes said:

Fire rate has nothing to do with magazine capacity. The MK14 is simply slighty faster at full auto speed. 

Also penetration doesn't just depend on caliber but also on velocity and type of bullet. The bullet doesn't change here but the gun does. 

I think the penetration power of a MK14 is actually significantly more than the MK1/MK18.

I can't show you right now because i'm out of country but just google around and watch the ARMA3 video about ballistics. 

1 minute ago, Midamaru said:

Fire rate has nothing to do with magazine capacity. The MK14 is simply slighty faster at full auto speed. 

Also penetration doesn't just depend on caliber but also on velocity and type of bullet. The bullet doesn't change here but the gun does. 

I think the penetration power of a MK14 is actually significantly more than the MK1/MK18.

I can't show you right now because i'm out of country but just google around and watch the ARMA3 video about ballistics. 

Hmm interesting, I always thought the Mk14 would have more penetration power just like the Rahim does more than the Mk18, it's made for sniping rather than just heavy assault rifle rounds. 

Do you mean the Mk18 is slightly faster at full auto? And if so why? Why would it be? And if that's the case then that would make the Mk1 penetration superior? 

16 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

Hmm interesting, I always thought the Mk14 would have more penetration power just like the Rahim does more than the Mk18, it's made for sniping rather than just heavy assault rifle rounds. 

Do you mean the Mk18 is slightly faster at full auto? And if so why? Why would it be? And if that's the case then that would make the Mk1 penetration superior? 

MK14: Fastest rate of fire/Most penetration/Most recoil. (CBQ)

Mk1: Most accurate/Longest range (Sniping)

Mk18: Average preformance, in between the MK1/MK18

MK14 has a faster rate of fire, dunno why it's just implemented this way. 

40 minutes ago, Midamaru said:

MK14: Fastest rate of fire/Most penetration/Most recoil. (CBQ)

Mk1: Most accurate/Longest range (Sniping)

Mk18: Average preformance, in between the MK1/MK18

MK14 has a faster rate of fire, dunno why it's just implemented this way. 

I feel like I just read this somewhere, did you write it on your own or is there a source? 

21 minutes ago, Cassettes said:

I feel like I just read this somewhere, did you write it on your own or is there a source? 

Wrote it earlier in the thread but you were saying different things so i just re-wrote it. And there is a source, many spreadsheets/videos explaining it. Just cba to search them on my phone right now. 

Do some research yourself if you want to know the facts. I could easily be making this up.

Cassettes likes this
  • 6 years later...
On 5/5/2016 at 1:38 PM, Midamaru said:

Actually mk14 has highest recoil/penetration/rate of fire.

Mk1 is most accurate and least recoil

Mk18 is between those above

Go into the editor and test it for yourself. Tbh eventhough hated the most i like tapping with the mk14 vs cop cars at bank/pb.

Use the mk1 for cartel loadout (sniping pushers/heli) 

Mk18 whenever budget buying

@NotMikeJust wanted to check if still accurate, here's straight from the editor.

b46f7d2f48954e02692b757068d7f332.png