Astro A50's worth saving for?

Gatorade

Was thinking about buying a few things:

1. Possibly a wireless headset -  I can't remember the exact logitech one I had in mind but I was thinking about buying it if anyone had experience with wireless headsets. My budget is around 50-80 for it

2. Get a better Network Hub/Switch for my LAN cables and its kind of old I was starting to think a newer switch might have better performance on speed between the people feeding off of it Preferably like as cheap without shit quality - last one I bought was like 20$ and its still working 5 years later

Edited by Sugarfoot

wireless headsets die, wireless headsets have interference with wireless internet, wireless headsets cost more, wireless headsets are nice due to wireless but aids.. i had turtle beach Px5's *battery operated* changed AA batteries every 2 days, had to get perfect placement of wireless router, change frequencies and shit alot..  had astro A50's nice head set die too fast  and same with interference, if u dont have a wireless router near by then its not bad...  

Sergio likes this
1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

I have had my A50s for almost 3 years and they are still working like a charm. Never had any issues with mine

50's are nice but they died too fast for my liking, and my router is behind my PC so its like within less than 2 ft from my headset.. 

i got 40's now and there mint

3 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

1. Possibly a wireless headset -  I can't remember the exact logitech one I had in mind but I was thinking about buying it if anyone had experience with wireless headsets. My budget is around 50-80 for it

Only experience I have had with wireless headsets are that they die or get problems within weeks of getting them.  Had the Corsair H2100 headset before lasted 4/5 weeks before having issues with the quality.  Was still a great headset just got annoyed with the issues it ended up with. 

4 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Yeah I was thinking of getting a wireless one but I figured I would ask - A lot of people around here usually know what the good stuff is

From my experience; Wireless headsets are good, but when they get older they run out of battery so quick...

I used to have a Logitech G930 Gaming Headset, it felt like heaven using them... but after a couple of years I had to charge them every couple of hours.

If you want a chill gaming headset try the "Logitech G430 7.1 Surround Gaming Headset" I still have one of them as "Backup headset", if my current one stops working.

Also the price your paying for the G430 is not that bad.

EDIT:

G430 is wired btw.

Edited by Duffy49
1 hour ago, Sugarfoot said:

Anyone use the Astro a50's? I dont mind saving up for awhile if they are really worth it

i mean they are a great headset, comfy awesome sound and last ages. im just impatient and dont like waiting for it to charge, and if ur router is close can either move it, learn to change freq's it wont be that bad..

I am increasingly thinking of going wireless or my pursuit for a decent headset that doesn't twist into a tangled mess will be endless. If I was you just save for the headset you actually want if it's shit send it back. These days everything can be returned which I like. 

Wireless headsets are aids.

I promise you

A50's you're literally paying for a brand name with normal quality and cheap construction.

Get Hyper X Cloud IIs or the new headset they are coming out with. Mic failed, but I picked up a $100 USB condenser that sounds 10X better anyway

Steel/Aluminum construction. Light and comfy. I've tried to break these. I cant. Only lost a screw which was easily replaced. Only 100$ for the headset it self. Plus you can get a condenser mic for another 100, and you still end up paying less than astros, dont have to use the trash mix amp. And everything is better quality. 

Edited by Axe
1 hour ago, Axe said:

Wireless headsets are aids.

I promise you

A50's you're literally paying for a brand name with normal quality and cheap construction.

Get Hyper X Cloud IIs or the new headset they are coming out with. Mic failed, but I picked up a $100 USB condenser that sounds 10X better anyway

Steel/Aluminum construction. Light and comfy. I've tried to break these. I cant. Only lost a screw which was easily replaced. Only 100$ for the headset it self. Plus you can get a condenser mic for another 100, and you still end up paying less than astros, dont have to use the trash mix amp. And everything is better quality. 

I know nothing of amps or condensors or mixers lol. Im assuming by condenser mic its the standalone mic that streamers use and the trash mix amp is something thats mixed in with a normal headset to provide mic and audio?

On 6/7/2016 at 1:57 AM, Sugarfoot said:
Spoiler

2. Get a better Network Hub/Switch for my LAN cables and its kind of old I was starting to think a newer switch might have better performance on speed between the people feeding off of it Preferably like as cheap without shit quality - last one I bought was like 20$ and its still working 5 years later

Don't get wireless headphones. Like others said, you deal with constant interference, the sound doesn't sound right, and they die constantly at the worst moment. That's my experience, anyway.

I seriously recommend a pair of headphones that have a detachable cable; not only are these the best because you can un-wind the cable, the cable is easily replaceable without replacing the entire headset.

Just my two cents!