Paying bounty hunters

Give civs the option to pay there bounties to the bounty hunter so they don't have to drag you all the way to jail for a small ticket anyone would pay. Make the option called "bribe bounty hunter" or something like that. Also make it so that the bounty hunter that restrained you is the only one you can pay your ticket to, so there isn't a bunch of trolls sniping bounties from other bounty hunters

Edited by utilize420
13 minutes ago, utilize420 said:

Give civs the option to pay there bounties to the bounty hunter so they don't have to drag you all the way to jail for a small ticket anyone would pay. Make the option called "bribe bounty hunter" or something like that. Also make it so the bounty hunter that restrained you the only one you can pay your ticket, so there isn't a bunch of trolls sniping bounties from other bounty hunters

bounty hunters fighting other bounty hunters for bounties is what they intended.

Virrx likes this
25 minutes ago, Axe said:

Right. Lets give them guidelines and procedures to follow as well. Maybe a teamspeak with higher ranks?

Continuing down this path only further nullifies usefulness of cops. 

Personally I dont give a shit about cops. But what's the point of having them if BH can practically do everything? 

fuck dude so true.

I like this idea but everyones a debbie downer,

Maybe meet it in the middle - the bounty can pay his bail before he is sent; and if he does the bounty hunter gets paid and he is released?

Make it a scroll option? Like

Bounty Hunter >

Send player to jail - Receives pay >

Player X whom is now set to some middle status of being sent by BH then receives >

Window with option to pay bail with warning if not , will be sent to jail >

Branch off whether paid bail or not

Edited by Sugarfoot
2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

"bribe bounty hunter" really? i mean just talk with him. it's not about adding more & more features it's about communicating with others. simply speak with him as if you are trying to bribe him. 

that means people would have to roleplay and from my experience people dont roleplay they simply say "hands up" then 1 seconds later they kill or down you. This server needs more RP based stuff not features preventing people from using RP.

"Why play arma when you can play call of Duty"

What bounty Hunters need more then anything is some damn bounty hunter clothing like what rebels can get, i hate running around as a BH in civ clothes when people got their gang members running to Rebel shop buying them clothes then using them to BH.

@SugarfootIt's not that people are "debbie downers" its the fact people want to make ideas based on not RPing they want it to play itself without any communication interaction with other players through their microphones they rather shoot first without rp because someone has something they want and cant get.

Edited by Jaxx Skythrix
2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

"bribe bounty hunter" really? i mean just talk with him. it's not about adding more & more features it's about communicating with others. simply speak with him as if you are trying to bribe him. 

but then you still have to pay bounty

2 hours ago, Noobious said:

Speaking to bounty hunters usually doesnt work. But that is just from my experiences.

ye i know that but it doesn't mean he will accept the bribe.

It's the same thing.

27 minutes ago, Eric916 said:

but then you still have to pay bounty

since when does bribing remove the bounty. i mean with a cop it makes sense but a BH. it's a bit about logic. bh doesn't control who is & who is not on the list, he just gets the job and does it.

Edited by Sleepy
Virrx likes this
1 hour ago, Jaxx Skythrix said:

that means people would have to roleplay and from my experience people dont roleplay they simply say "hands up" then 1 seconds later they kill or down you. This server needs more RP based stuff not features preventing people from using RP.

"Why play arma when you can play call of Duty"

What bounty Hunters need more then anything is some damn bounty hunter clothing like what rebels can get, i hate running around as a BH in civ clothes when people got their gang members running to Rebel shop buying them clothes then using them to BH.

@SugarfootIt's not that people are "debbie downers" its the fact people want to make ideas based on not RPing they want it to play itself without any communication interaction with other players through their microphones they rather shoot first without rp because someone has something they want and cant get.

This server is a softcore RP server, the only RP should be via civs who arn't commiting crimes or with the APD whom is a faction founded upon RP

4 hours ago, utilize420 said:

Give civs the option to pay there bounties to the bounty hunter so they don't have to drag you all the way to jail for a small ticket anyone would pay. Make the option called "bribe bounty hunter" or something like that. Also make it so the bounty hunter that restrained you the only one you can pay your ticket, so there isn't a bunch of trolls sniping bounties from other bounty hunters

How about you just make it so if you are sent to jail from a courthouse, when you pay bail you appear back at that courthouse. 

Eric916 and utilize420 like this
3 hours ago, Sleepy said:

ye i know that but it doesn't mean he will accept the bribe.

It's the same thing.

since when does bribing remove the bounty. i mean with a cop it makes sense but a BH. it's a bit about logic. bh doesn't control who is & who is not on the list, he just gets the job and does it.

your absolutley right it would have to be where the bounty hunter could give you the option to pay it at the courthouse but they get to decide if they want to give you the option to pay or just go straight to jail they could even have it where certain offences would be able to be straight to jail and other less serious offenses they can only give the option to pay it but either way the BH still gets paid for bringing in the perp. (make the programming nice n complicated lol)

It doesn't have to be called bribe bounty hunter that was just a example the use action could be called: 

Give full ticket

Pay bounty

Pay warrent

Pay fine

Bribe bounty hunter

That's just a few options. The whole point is to be able to have an option of a ticket so it's not straight to jail for every little charge 3 hit and runs or 1 manslaughter or 2 counts of grand theft auto or 4 aiding escape charges.

IAmLegion likes this
2 minutes ago, utilize420 said:

It doesn't have to be called bribe bounty hunter that was just a example the use action could be called: 

Give full ticket

Pay bounty

Pay warrent

Pay fine

Bribe bounty hunter

That's just a few options. The whole point is to be able to have an option of a ticket so it's not straight to jail for every little charge 3 hit and runs or 1 manslaughter or 2 counts of grand theft auto or 4 aiding escape charges.

So what is the point of cops again?

Reasons why BH is OP as fuck:

They have weapons of a constable 

Armored vehicles and helis of a Sergeant 

Better tracking skills than the best warrent officer

They do not have to abide be the APD guide book and restriction 

Also they get 100% of bounty and only share if they want too.

Eric916 likes this
15 minutes ago, utilize420 said:

Reasons why BH is OP as fuck:

They have weapons of a constable 

Armored vehicles and helis of a Sergeant 

Better tracking skills than the best warrent officer

They do not have to abide be the APD guide book and restriction 

Also they get 100% of bounty and only share if they want too.

They pay more for those weapons and don't have near the support.  No back up if things go bad.

I don't even see BH pull hunters anymore that often

Yes warrent officer should have better tracking but that's up to Paratus

So what?  That's a police problem you should take up with the captains not a BH problem.

It's highly unlikely I get a big bounty on my own if the person is fully armed and rolling with a group.  You gotta have teammates and if you want to keep teammates you gotta share the bounties.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2016 at 8:36 AM, utilize420 said:

Give civs the option to pay there bounties to the bounty hunter so they don't have to drag you all the way to jail for a small ticket anyone would pay. Make the option called "bribe bounty hunter" or something like that. Also make it so that the bounty hunter that restrained you is the only one you can pay your ticket to, so there isn't a bunch of trolls sniping bounties from other bounty hunters

isn't that the point of paying your bounty off at the courthouse?

On 6/19/2016 at 3:54 PM, Axe said:

Right. Lets give them guidelines and procedures to follow as well. Maybe a teamspeak with higher ranks?

Continuing down this path only further nullifies usefulness of cops. 

Personally I dont give a shit about cops. But what's the point of having them if BH can practically do everything? 

I mean I've been a bounty hunter before the big update, and I still want to become cop

The reason for cop is to roleplay, protect the citizens of altis/tanoa, etc.

I have never seen a bounty hunter do that.

Edited by Ren Zero

In real life, a bounty hunter is given a warrant to bring a criminal to justice so they can be processed by the court and given the proper sentence. Allowing the bounty hunter to do the APD/TPD's job is going to make a lot of people angry. If you're want to pay your bounty for small charges, go to the courthouse and hope you don't get caught. Hell, even when I'm on duty, I will pardon people who explain their story to me via text message, like a speeding charge or a hit and run charge. This is a bad idea, either pay it off at the court house or text the APD/TPD for 3 hours until they respond.

On 6/19/2016 at 3:51 PM, TheRealLethal said:

bounty hunters fighting other bounty hunters for bounties is what they intended.

Bounty hunters fighting other bounty hunters for the bounties of other bounty hunters is what they got.

Kavala is literally 99% BH''s now just standing there waiting for a bounty. It's really fucking boring actually. was a lot more interesting to hang out in square before everyone became a fucking BH

Edited by Eric916
Matthew likes this