The FED

The federal reserve used to be a good balance of risk vs. reward and was fun for both cops and rebels. Now, you rarely see anyone doing the fed because the risk largely outweighs the reward. With swat ladders and the removal of deer stands, the chances of completing a fed are slim to none. There needs to be a rework to the fed such as:

• The increased spawn of gold
  • Reduce timer
  • Remove swat ladders (not a fan I think they are fine)
  • Re-introduce deer stands

Also, the payout should be slightly bumped. There's no incentive anymore to get a Hemmt and most likely an ifrit and risk the loadouts of ~6-7 guys just so that you can hopefully get some gold bars.

In short: Make the fed great again 

#MtFGA

Sir. ButterRump likes this
1 minute ago, epTic said:

Not gonna continuously attack the fed just because you want to kill cops. 

Once I see no vehicles, I pull off because I know they're just looking for their montage filler. 

??? I made this thread so that the reward (gold bars=money) is increased. If I wanted to just kill cops I would do a prison break. Clearly I'm not looking to just kill cops because I want the incentive for the risk to be increased. I believe you missed the point of the post.

12 minutes ago, ryno7 said:

??? I made this thread so that the reward (gold bars=money) is increased. If I wanted to just kill cops I would do a prison break. Clearly I'm not looking to just kill cops because I want the incentive for the risk to be increased. I believe you missed the point of the post.

Just do a smash and grab if you want the money. 

9/10 times you get away 

Google™ likes this
1 minute ago, O/|/|3GA said:

I think deer stands should be added back at the fed as well as towers at the prison. Cops are always sniping all the time anyway. There's honestly no point in fighting cops anymore at all.

This is what you get when someone puts no thought into what they are saying.... GG

BioHazard, Vash, Big Bird and 1 other like this

I miss the good old days when there were a lot of people robbing the fed. And I'm not talking about smash n' grabs or 2-3 people attempting to rob it. I'm talking about huge APD vs gang fights that lasted sometimes more than 30 minutes. Plus, those gangs actually tried to steal the money, not just kill cops for their montages...

The fed has so much potential, but no one does it anymore :(

+1 to buffing the fed. Deer stands are fine, but make it so that gangs can actually profit from successfully robbing it :)

Mike Stmria and /|/|0T4RD like this

The idea is to find balance, not return it back to its previous totally unbalanced state.  Making the bank hard to do would result in more feds, at this point the bank is laughably easy and pays relatively decent, thus making the fight for a fed unreasonable.  Simply making the fed pay more is a reasonable way to balance, rebels still have the bunkers and oil towers, cops still can still approach the fed while not getting sniped from deer stands from 500 meters away.  I have robbed the fed and come out with 20+ bars, so it could simply be an issue with the script spawning them correctly or it may have to do with the amount of cops being on which dictates how many spawn.  

Vash likes this
1 hour ago, O/|/|3GA said:

I think deer stands should be added back at the fed as well as towers at the prison. Cops are always sniping all the time anyway. There's honestly no point in fighting cops anymore at all.

Maybe the deer stands at the fed since current rebels suck. But towers at prison were way too OP. They were impossible to access from the ground and heli's are paper atm so no way to take down rebels in the towers.

29 minutes ago, KevinOB said:

Maybe the deer stands at the fed since current rebels suck. But towers at prison were way too OP. They were impossible to access from the ground and heli's are paper atm so no way to take down rebels in the towers.

please god no not towers back

2 hours ago, HotWings said:

The idea is to find balance, not return it back to its previous totally unbalanced state.  Making the bank hard to do would result in more feds, at this point the bank is laughably easy and pays relatively decent, thus making the fight for a fed unreasonable.  Simply making the fed pay more is a reasonable way to balance, rebels still have the bunkers and oil towers, cops still can still approach the fed while not getting sniped from deer stands from 500 meters away.  I have robbed the fed and come out with 20+ bars, so it could simply be an issue with the script spawning them correctly or it may have to do with the amount of cops being on which dictates how many spawn.  

Would love to know how long ago you did that fed where you got out with 20 bars.  Fed hasnt spawned 20 bars since the days where the spawning was bugged and they were stacking and making it decent payout.

46 minutes ago, NotKitui said:

Would love to know how long ago you did that fed where you got out with 20 bars.  Fed hasnt spawned 20 bars since the days where the spawning was bugged and they were stacking and making it decent payout.

Not a single bar was stacked, there were multiple in every dome.  Wasnt all that long ago, but as I stated the bank is so easy its not worth trying the fed.

Just now, HotWings said:

Not a single bar was stacked, there were multiple in every dome.  Wasnt all that long ago, but as I stated the bank is so easy its not worth trying the fed.

I actually have the fed we did a couple months ago recorded. we got out with like 15+ bars. 

You dont need deerstands in fed to make it work.  Opening a dome though and having 2 bars in it though is a little ridiculous.  Example: 12 cops, 8 rebels.  Hemmt is about 50k.

Loadout with 2 turfs = around 15k 20k

without 30k or so depending on what your getting

^^ both of those HEAVILY depend on govenor tax.

The risk vs reward isnt there.  Fed needs a money buff over all and not the price of bars.  more bars need to actually be spawning.

2 hours ago, NotKitui said:

You dont need deerstands in fed to make it work.  Opening a dome though and having 2 bars in it though is a little ridiculous.  Example: 12 cops, 8 rebels.  Hemmt is about 50k.

Loadout with 2 turfs = around 15k 20k

without 30k or so depending on what your getting

^^ both of those HEAVILY depend on govenor tax.

The risk vs reward isnt there.  Fed needs a money buff over all and not the price of bars.  more bars need to actually be spawning.

I mean 12 bars is still 300k, but yea the payout could be more.  Forcing you to have to empty every single dome for that payout is a bit much.  Especially since the escape must be done on land.  Doesnt have to be super drastic, just an additional bar per dome makes a huge difference.

9 minutes ago, The Orphan said:

Where will we put all our inmates on the island

Kavala prison makes a return.

Edited by HotWings

Honestly fed is fine as is now, sure the payout could be a little higher, won't argue about that. But since swat has only 1 ladders now and that 80% of the time it gets bugged. Fed is way more doable now. There has been already plenty of gangs who did fed just before the restart (for max payout) and they did quite well.

Vanilla Coke likes this