Can we have like another server or two? Pretty much, since I been playing for the past few weeks, at this time all of them are full with a back log of others waiting to join. I mean people are spamming the enter button right now to join a server because they are full. Here is a screenshot of what the trackers are saying: http://prntscr.com/bu5wsf 

And on a personal note, I like to think all the staff members of Asylum along with the players for making this community great. This community is awesome. :)

Thanks,
McGee

Just now, Mcgee said:

Great news, I finally got in! LOL

Honestly just be a bit patient when it's full and just keep spamming the fuck out of enter and you'll get in soon enough, usually faster than you think. It used to be far worse, even an auto macro would take up to 20 mins at times.

3 minutes ago, Mcgee said:

Is there a way to increase the slots then?

Sure, if you want more desync and less reliability. 100 slots is already past what the server client was designed for. even with a headless client.. what your suggesting is ill advised.

be patient, you will get in eventually.

Edited by Reavantos
Furnie Mack likes this
4 minutes ago, Mcgee said:

Is there a way to increase the slots then?

Technically yes. But should we do it or do we need it? No. Mostly for server load reasons, more slots equals more server load and resources being used, we have enough trouble already trying to keep running smooth as it is..when it is.

Edited by Furnie Mack
Reavantos likes this

Bottom line is I get why you feel it's a good suggestion, but as I said just stick around long enough and it will make sense. If your ADHD isn't too bad, spamming enter really isn't a horrible thing and doesn't take too long. You can trust that the staff in charge of the server configurations and development know what the fuck they are doing when it comes to that aspect of their jobs, they will always make the best choice for the community to make sure the servers are running the best they can. With the amount of players at times, and the massive amounts of DDOS, it's really amazing that the servers run as well as they do.

It's actually more common probably on average over the past year that it'd make more sense to drop at least 2 servers to fill the others and drop some server load. Of course that's easier said than done, but yeah..we don't need more.

Calm down. Breathe, and spam enter. It's ok.

Edited by Furnie Mack
Padrinos and BioHazard like this
3 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I just donated another $40 yesterday and I hear a lot of people are buying loot keys so I'm sure money is coming in.

Even if it is it would take time to assess the income, calculate the best you can how steady that income would be overtime that you can rely on and many more factors. First priority would always be to use any income to boost the current servers' performance and if physically possible even more/better DDOS protection before ever adding more slots or servers.

Edited by Furnie Mack
1 minute ago, Furnie Mack said:

Even if it is it would take time to assess the income, calculate the best you can how steady that income would be overtime that you can rely on and many more factors. First priority would always be to use any income to boost the current servers' performance and if physically proper even more/better DDOS protection before ever adding more slots or servers.

No doubt I agree, especially with regards to DDOS protection and possibly upgrading the already existing boxes before venturing for more. But I think income should definitely increase with the loot keys as people can't resist spending money for CSAT stuff. I was watching Rosie's stream and some APD guy mentioned a cop blowing $60-$100 on loot keys. 

Edited by Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz
Furnie Mack likes this
7 minutes ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

No doubt I agree, especially with regards to DDOS protection and possibly upgrading the already existing boxes before venturing for more. But I think income should definitely increase with the loot keys as people can't resist spending money for CSAT stuff. 

No doubt, at first I was sort of 'meh' about the crate system, but now I like it and have only bought one so far but will for sure buy more in the future as more items are added. Overall I think it was a great move to add it, I can think of one or two critiques to suggest but I dig it and think it'll do well as an 'approved' means of income for the community.

Edited by Furnie Mack
BioHazard likes this
On 7/17/2016 at 8:26 PM, Mcgee said:

Can we have like another server or two? Pretty much, since I been playing for the past few weeks, at this time all of them are full with a back log of others waiting to join. I mean people are spamming the enter button right now to join a server because they are full. Here is a screenshot of what the trackers are saying: http://prntscr.com/bu5wsf 

And on a personal note, I like to think all the staff members of Asylum along with the players for making this community great. This community is awesome. :)

Thanks,
McGee

Increasing player cap is not easy (don't let them tell you they can't, because they can).

But as things are lately...with the god awful quality of the servers, I would not be surprised to see a dramatic dip on players over time to more stable servers. People are only able to deal with technical issues for so long before it just becomes a complete waste of their time.

The boost in money from items such as keys, etc will hopefully be put into bettering the servers (I know I could personally build a rack to host 100 players smoothly for under $30k).  

It's truly not a great feat when you have access to funds, to build 3 new racks, rent an apartment that has access to fiber connection, set those up in said apartment and hire a part time IT to manage and maintain said servers with the total funds coming in each year...with PLENTY left to go around to the owners/staff after the fact. I can personally attest, as I know someone who does the very same thing in relation to renting public server space to various clients all over the world.

However, depending on other companies to funnel your traffic, etc without having direct access to said servers (I.E. renting a server from something like Fragnet, Gameservers, etc....for this type of traffic...is a GOD AWFUL and insanely half-assed way to deal with the problem and save money).

But hey, i'm not one of the men/women behind he curtain, so who knows.

On 7/17/2016 at 9:54 PM, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

I just donated another $40 yesterday and I hear a lot of people are buying loot keys so I'm sure money is coming in.

If you knew the amount these servers were pulling in annually...you'd shit your pantaloons. 

It's well into the six figure range. (INB4 warning)

Edited by One Eye Jack
59 minutes ago, One Eye Jack said:

If you knew the amount these servers were pulling in annually...you'd shit your pantaloons. 

It's well into the six figure range. (INB4 warning)

Ever since Bohemia decided to do a complete 180 in terms of their donation stance, Paratus has been paying out  of his pocket in order to make ends meet... It's been costing about one thousand dollars a month for him to keep the servers up and running so quit your bitching and deal with 5 servers...

29 minutes ago, Patrick James said:

Ever since Bohemia decided to do a complete 180 in terms of their donation stance, Paratus has been paying out  of his pocket in order to make ends meet... It's been costing about one thousand dollars a month for him to keep the servers up and running so quit your bitching and deal with 5 servers...

Donation stance? You mean, monetary stance...

And where in my comment does it say "give us more servers"? Or are you that quick to fire off a defensive comment without stopping to take two steps back and understand the understanding of nuance? No need to get salty. We're having a discussion, not an argument. 

On 7/17/2016 at 8:28 PM, Shane McCoy said:

Money not spent on DDOS protection

No amount of money (within reason) could protect again DDoS protection regardless, when it's a public server.

All they need to do is just flood the system with packets and given that it's a public server, it opens it up to easy attack. (It's always funny when hosting companies claim to have DDoS protection).

The sad part is that most of the DDoS related attacks are from butt hurt eleventeen year olds buying $2 injectors to mess with the server, because they were banned for scripting or some other stupid reason that they fail to understand.

The solution to DDoSing is...finding these kids, tying them up with razor wire and sticking them in a basement in Iraq, so they can starve to death and get eaten alive by roaches and rats. #feedthemtotherats