UNDERCOVER APD ROLE SUGGESTION

Undercover rework 

WHY DOES IT NEED REWORK ?

Apd undercover role is not working as intended and prime reason for that is the ability of civs to metagame using player list available in game to see if player name is in the apd blue slot. This makes it hard for undercover cops to use the role as it is intended…

SOLUTION

Put apd undercover slots in civ slots (slots we use when we want to play as civs).

This is going to make it hard for players to metagame because the name of the undercover cop will not be among blue slots.

Now, regular cops dont need to see undercover cops in the group and on the map at all times because undercover is posing as a civ so this would be more realistic. Every cop needs to be on teamspeak so this change would not really be a problem but it would make playing as undercover more immersive.

Let’s say that undercover cop found a group of people and they went to do drugs and regular apd comes and engages with them. Undercover cop can be restrained and downed in order to maintain his cover so when searched by apd officer it would indicate to officer that person is a cop. If he doesnt wish to keep his cover he can just show his rank like the undercover can do now.

CONCLUSION

Undercover role has a huge potential so investing some time into fixing it would be worth it. There was already update for undercover that went in a similar direction that got pulled back for bug fixing so devs already have a lot of work done.

I sent this suggestion to devs but it should be here as well so we can talk about it. @Paratus @Motown @bamf

If you want google doc of this suggestion you can find it in here

Thank you for reading !

Stefan (Aegon) 

Bob Danaloo and Bazzajack like this

A couple months ago, there was an update that effectively made undercover cops civilians while they hid their rank, but it was reverted due to the amount of bugs associated with it.

1 minute ago, Destrah said:

Don't even need to do that. Just make it so we can change our name once in game.

That could work, in theory, but there are two issues:

1: Player looks at the player list and doesn't see your name?

2: Abuse. "Officer X lethaled me for no reason" "well officer X doesn't exist, so...."

Haych and Olivia like this
11 minutes ago, speed said:

A couple months ago, there was an update that effectively made undercover cops civilians while they hid their rank, but it was reverted due to the amount of bugs associated with it.

2: Abuse. "Officer X lethaled me for no reason" "well officer X doesn't exist, so...."

Damn, didn't think about 2. That would be bad.

23 minutes ago, speed said:

Do you think that something can be done regarding undercover ? We are not devs so you can tell us if something can be done from dev pov.

10 hours ago, AegonTargaryenTv said:

Do you think that something can be done regarding undercover ? We are not devs so you can tell us if something can be done from dev pov.

Yes, and I do believe @Paratus eventually plans to bring back the "true" undercover he made. There are just a lot of things that need to be worked out before hand.

The easier way will be, if they will make a script that will change your color to purple when joining undercover. And make them able to gather drugs and being able to be restrained by other officers and searched aswell. And make then not shown on the map for the other officers.

If you want to play as civ. They need to add scripts, that will allow you to spawn in HQ's and acces "gear system". And then making you unable to lose Y inventory every time when you die. Because nobody will like, that you will spawn in the city, and then you will need to pull out a car and drive to HQ to gear up. Meanwhile some pistol banger will come to you and kill you. 

You said that people are checking players in the player list while playing. If you are about to bust someone in drug area, by the time he will check your name on the player list you will already restrain him. So i personally think, most of the players don't do that.

Or like HotWings said, simply remove the player list on the map, but i think that won't happen either.

Edited by Bob Lee
On 9/3/2016 at 8:37 AM, speed said:

Yes, and I do believe @Paratus eventually plans to bring back the "true" undercover he made. There are just a lot of things that need to be worked out before hand.

Would love to see this ASAP, I realize rebel updates come first. But playing undercover is essentially just playing cop with a carrier lite. The only people you arrest are people ignorant of undercover being a thing, and I don't feel like hounding the new players is a good thing at all. 

Plus the amount of people that go specifically out of their way to make sure everybody in the vicinity knows you're a cop even though you have not blown your cover is infuriating. 

RomanRunsCA likes this

IMO undercover is fine they can alrdy camp a red zone for certain amount of time so its kinda o.p as it is imo.as a rebel I only have a 20min window to farm some drugs and thats if I seen cops there before I went there. And I DONT always check map players to see who's a cop. Unless they are following me.