Compensation Process

Why do we need to wait in Teamspeak to get our compensation when it could be done entirely on the forum? Currently to get a comp you have to make a post and wait for it to get approved or denied and if approved you have to sit in Teamspeak for hours. Why not just have the approving admin comp you on the spot and thus removing the redundant step? I understand if you have a specific reason for it but without knowing the reason I just see it as inefficient.

edit: This would benefit both the players and the staff team. The player would get their compensation faster and wouldn't have to waste time in teamspeak, and there would only need to be one staff member taking care of the comp rather than two. Right after the staff member decides approved or denied they can use their admin magic to comp right then and there and close the thread.

Edited by Kate
massi likes this
1 minute ago, Te.name said:

I've had staff just straight up send the shit to my inventory if it was a vehicle but I think they can only do it to vehicles not cash 

I know for a fact that admins can put money and prestige into your account without you being online.

For me I don't have the forums up every second. If they would pm me or respond to the comp saying "are you in game",I would probably not notice it right away. Then the admin/mod would just be sitting there with their dicks in their hand. As for teamspeak, they can poke you and you get that little noise. Then you can back out to lobby really quick. I think it is more of a communication tool between admin/player.

goyney likes this
1 minute ago, Goldy said:

For me I don't have the forums up every second. If they would pm me or respond to the comp saying "are you in game",I would probably not notice it right away. Then the admin/mod would just be sitting there with their dicks in their hand. As for teamspeak, they can poke you and you get that little noise. Then you can back out to lobby really quick. I think it is more of a communication tool between admin/player.

I would be surprised if admins didn't have a way to see if you are in game or not, but you do bring up a point. 

Just now, Kate said:

I would be surprised if admins didn't have a way to see if you are in game or not, but you do bring up a point. 

Well I mean every time I receive comp, they have asked straight away if I am in game. You have a good idea but like I said, the communication thing would be an issue.

21 minutes ago, Olio said:

Editing your bank information with you in-game does not work unfortunately, we need you to be in the lobby or out of game. It's a pain to have to wait and I apologize for that, hopefully as we continue to grow the staff team this will help reduce wait time.

Asylum is the only server I know who has that extra step of having to go into teamspeak, the others seem to not have a issue with the lobby thing at all.

Bamf/Paratus can even make something that wouldn't even take that long to make. A Deposit/Mailbox system working in game where Admins can deposit your compensation into it without you having to ever leave the game, all the user has to do is retrieve it whenever they like.

I can name a handful of ways on how the system could be changed to make it easier for both the user and admins that will work 10 times better than the current way. The extra step of teamspeak does nothing but waste both sides times, especially when you have to wait 3+ hours at a time in there

Phil., Kate and Budbringer like this
On 27.10.2016 at 1:27 PM, Haych said:

Asylum is the only server I know who has that extra step of having to go into teamspeak, the others seem to not have a issue with the lobby thing at all.

Bamf/Paratus can even make something that wouldn't even take that long to make. A Deposit/Mailbox system working in game where Admins can deposit your compensation into it without you having to ever leave the game, all the user has to do is retrieve it whenever they like.

I can name a handful of ways on how the system could be changed to make it easier for both the user and admins that will work 10 times better than the current way. The extra step of teamspeak does nothing but waste both sides times, especially when you have to wait 3+ hours at a time in there

:D

8 hours ago, Budbringer said:

:D

I believe this is a no no, because you could essentially just build up comp as a way of having infinite money cap without grinding prestige. 

Unless there was some expiration date, but then people would cry etc etc. 

1 hour ago, Axe said:

I believe this is a no no, because you could essentially just build up comp as a way of having infinite money cap without grinding prestige. 

Unless there was some expiration date, but then people would cry etc etc. 

Just make a rule saying you can't get a comp unless the previous comp was claimed. Not sure why you're so against this.

On 27.10.2016 at 0:59 PM, Olio said:

Editing your bank information with you in-game does not work unfortunately, we need you to be in the lobby or out of game. It's a pain to have to wait and I apologize for that, hopefully as we continue to grow the staff team this will help reduce wait time.

I would happily actively do the comp requests but to be usefull in that way, you have to be trusted and go through a elitist selection :(

Sometimes its hard to be kind in this world, but it is how it is.

21 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I would happily actively do the comp requests but to be usefull in that way, you have to be trusted and go through a elitist selection :(

Sometimes its hard to be kind in this world, but it is how it is.

Thats what everyone say, and then they graduate from mod to admin and are not seen or heard from in a couple of months :P

Kettles and Frizzy like this
2 hours ago, Budbringer said:

Thats what everyone say, and then they graduate from mod to admin and are not seen or heard from in a couple of months :P

I surely believe that, specially comming from the man who compensated so insanely much. But i wouldn't even want the mod/admin status or benefits, i'm just quite a alturistic person and love to help out. Besides i think i would feel the reward from helping people and fixing their problem.

But eitherway it won't ever happen, i mean bamf himself even tagged me as a liar because i was lying on a ban appeal for mass vdm xD Good times @bamf

2 hours ago, Midamaru said:

I surely believe that, specially comming from the man who compensated so insanely much. But i wouldn't even want the mod/admin status or benefits, i'm just quite a alturistic person and love to help out. Besides i think i would feel the reward from helping people and fixing their problem.

But eitherway it won't ever happen, i mean bamf himself even tagged me as a liar because i was lying on a ban appeal for mass vdm xD Good times @bamf

dirty liars deserve to stay banned. fuck off.

:kappa:

Frizzy and Midamaru like this

I would just like a mailbox for us to deposit money into after a comp is approved. The player has 30days or whatever to claim the money or it vanishes. Anything would be better than the current system, its the same thing as someone waiting for an interview for the APD. You have players sitting in the applicants or comp channels just being ignored. Rip in chicken nuggets. Its a super flawed and outdated system that is no good for player experience. One day it could change though..That day is not today though.

1 hour ago, ₴avagє said:

I don't even bother with a comp report under 100k because of how difficult it is to receive comp. 

Basically this. I haven't even bothered putting in a comp request for the last god knows how many months even though I've lost way over 1m in Gear and Vehicles due to server crashes.