Pc parts help

George

2 hours ago, George said:

Hello, my frame drops have gotteb progressively worse and I've decided its time for a new motherboard and cpu, can anyone help me find them for 280 and under? Thanks!

280 isn't going to get you a good cpu and good motherboard, if I were you I'd just go for the motherboard first.

If I were you I'd buy a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83UD9927&cm_re=asus_maximus_viii_hero-_-13-132-565-_-Product and completely rebuild the computer as soon as more cash was available. That mobo supports DDR4, and the newer Intel CPUs. I have the previous version of this mobo and I've had no issues at all. It's an investment but in the future it will be able to support everything you want to put in it to be able to play Arma as well as you can.

Twang likes this
1 minute ago, explicit said:

280 isn't going to get you a good cpu and good motherboard, if I were you I'd just go for the motherboard first.

If I were you I'd buy a http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1N83UD9927&cm_re=asus_maximus_viii_hero-_-13-132-565-_-Product and completely rebuild the computer as soon as more cash was available. That mobo supports DDR4, and the newer Intel CPUs. I have the previous version of this mobo and I've had no issues at all. It's an investment but in the future it will be able to support everything you want to put in it to be able to play Arma as well as you can.

Ive upped it to around 450 because i neef a heatsink and new ram as well

4 hours ago, George said:

Hello, my frame drops have gotteb progressively worse and I've decided its time for a new motherboard and cpu, can anyone help me find them for 280 and under? Thanks!

yeah I get 60fps on ultra with an Intel 6700k 3.4ghz no overclocking or anything. I also have the overclock edition Turbo 970 gpu and i dont even use the overclock at all I still get 60 frames on ultra.. So i recommend intel you don't need the 6700k but you may be able to find one on sale now that the holidays are coming. motherboard doesnt matter I have a piece of shit and it runs great just doesnt have much room for additional upgrades but you can always upgrade to a better motherboard down the road. i'd focus on the CPU for now.

1 hour ago, bigjohn561 said:

amd rx 480 8gb   I7 4770s quad core 12gb ram and I run game on ultra 50-60fps all the time.

I used to have the 760 and only got 20fps and dropped bad in town when I upgraded my card its changed everything

you run 50-60fps all the time on an AMD?!?!? lol :kappa: 

8 hours ago, It's Ryan said:

get a I7, 16gb of ram, and if your water cooling then that is up to you.. 

Don't listen to this guy. I actually did a lot of research and built an arma specific pc that gets me 70 fps standard and still looks amazing with optimized settings.

get:

i5 6600k and overclock that shit.

air tower cooler

decent mobo 

ddr4 ram with good speed. You don't need 16 gigs for arma since the engine is hard coded to only use 2 for some retarded reason. Get like 8 but if your going to play other shit then get 16

Scott likes this