Seizing/Towing Vehicles

Add an Impound Lot/Junkyard for vehicle seizures.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Add an Impound Lot/Junkyard for vehicle seizures.

I don't know why this came to mind but I would like to see towing being re-implemented and working again. Then we could add a feature that only allows seizure of vehicles in a HQ or maybe even a new area like a Junkyard or Impound Lot.

Possibly add multiple areas so that we don't get bottlenecked into one area.

Scenario:

50. Cal Offroad comes under police custody. Cops then have to tow the vehicle back to Impound Lot/Junkyard in order to dispose of the vehicle there. I know this could easily be implemented, its just if the devs want to add it.

@Gnashes @bamf @Paratus

EDIT:

In regards to the "server performance issues" maybe only enable towing for the police to reduce the amount of players that can do it at one time. Also doesn't the loading script use similar code, so I don't see how it could be a problem if it's already in the server.

Edited by Crow
Brendon Smith likes this

Being able to tow vehicles was possible in the early days of Asylum however i believe it was quickly removed due server preformance issues.

Don't really have the details, but towing has been suggested before and never really done anything with.

However i like the idea, though seeing cops drive down the road with a towed .50 cal really seems like a treasure for anyone to jump on... poor cops.

11 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Tow ropes were disable in less time than tow trucks because they're pure aids. The physics behind them is worse than tow trucks.

Well they wouldn't be aids if we restricted it to certain classes or vehicles.(e.g. Cops - Police Offroads/SUVs)

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Implying people wont abuse a game thing... :fail:

I'm not saying it won't be abused, but it will be abused less than if it was allowed without any restrictions. Its prone to be abused but however with the policies it would receive if it did happen. Hopefully it would reduce it significantly. 

It's no different to loading a quad bike into the back of an offroad. So it's hardly a massive problem.

Also I'm curious to know which 14 people voted this: https://gyazo.com/39b586bfe85db55a23018089997937a3

:kappa: 

Edited by Crow
6 hours ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Towing was disabled due to an issue a long time ago I forgot the reason for. I think it was memory leaks or something.

I do miss towing 6 hunters under a huron...

The tow roaps and the people(like you) who towed like 6 hunters made the server crash because mem leaks.

Isnt this already a thing? I thought that LTs(sgts?) could drive the vehicle back to HQ and blow it up in front of the person who lost it. Not excactly towing, but kind of :P

• 1 month later...