Combat Lag help

I mean thats arma if you dont have a good PC you will get lag. Upgrading ur CPU will help lag but if you cant do that here are some tips off my head to increase fps. 

Run game in high priority(Works for half the people I tell but when I do i get double the frames so try it) Go to task manager > Details tab > Find ArmA3.exe or w/e its called. > Right click > Set priority > High Priority. This will make your computer prioritize arma instead of things like chrome or others.

Lower view distance helps.

Go to Nvidia control panel > Manage 3d > Find ArmA 3 in programs > In power management mode select prefer maximum performance.

In ArmA 3 .cfg in your documents folder find GPU_MaxFramesAhead and change it to 1. Do it also to  GPU_DetectedFramesAhead.

look into overclocking your CPU, it could be complicated but just search for a youtube video guide on your cpu.

Also I noticed i was having large FPS drops when shooting and only when shooting. I fixed it with turning particles on low. Im not sure it will work for you but it helped me a lot. 

BioHazard and Mitch (IFRIT) like this
Just now, eskay said:

Try going into your audio settings and turning down the number of allowed audio sources, if that dosent work the video below will but it comes at a pretty big cost audio quality wise. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ-OE1vwOWo

Just now, xclusive said:

I mean thats arma if you dont have a good PC you will get lag. Upgrading ur CPU will help lag but if you cant do that here are some tips off my head to increase fps. 

Run game in high priority(Works for half the people I tell but when I do i get double the frames so try it) Go to task manager > Details tab > Find ArmA3.exe or w/e its called. > Right click > Set priority > High Priority. This will make your computer prioritize arma instead of things like chrome or others.

Lower view distance helps.

Go to Nvidia control panel > Manage 3d > Find ArmA 3 in programs > In power management mode select prefer maximum performance.

In ArmA 3 .cfg in your documents folder find GPU_MaxFramesAhead and change it to 1. Do it also to  GPU_DetectedFramesAhead.

look into overclocking your CPU, it could be complicated but just search for a youtube video guide on your cpu.

Also I noticed i was having large FPS drops when shooting and only when shooting. I fixed it with turning particles on low. Im not sure it will work for you but it helped me a lot. 

I'll give this stuff a try! thanks for the input!

Just now, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Perfect. The nvida settings was on optimized. Hopefully that does something. I'm scared shitless to overclock my rig. I don't have any liquid cooling and im afraid to fry it. Any videos you'd suggest? 

Whenever I have questions about computer i go to this guy. here is a video he describes everything pretty good.

I'll give that a watch. I;m kind of unfamiliar with the whole overclocking deal. But is there a range that is less dangerous to overclock it to without liquid cooling, or am i going into some dangerous territory without it? 

I overclocked my cpu without overclocking on my old PC, liquid cooling only helps when your trying to overclock your cpu a lot. You could prob boost your frequency .2-.3 above stock without harm to PC, I would recamend you watch and read a lot of tutorials on what to do. you could easily fuck ur PC if you change the wrong value and such. If you dont feel confterable doing it alone you could maybe find someone who knows what they are doing and ask them to help you one on one with it.

Mitch (IFRIT) likes this

I'll give that a watch. I;m kind of unfamiliar with the whole overclocking deal. But is there a range that is less dangerous to overclock it to without liquid cooling, or am i going into some dangerous territory without it? 

I mean, as long as you don't push it too much, watch the temps of everything, you should be OK. 

Mitch (IFRIT) and xclusive like this
36 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I get the same lag in KOTH but rarely in asylum... Idk man Bohemia has been fucking up their game so much lately idk anymore.

Just now, Legit said:

It isn't just me, thank god. I had a problem where every time I shot my game would freeze. It just fixed itself and I have no idea how, I messed with a lot of launcher options trying to fix memory leaks. 

I'm right there with ya guys. I've applied a lot of the inputs from above. I overclocked from 3.9 to 4.2. I'm going to mess with the sound input and fire it up and see what happens. 

2 hours ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

I'm right there with ya guys. I've applied a lot of the inputs from above. I overclocked from 3.9 to 4.2. I'm going to mess with the sound input and fire it up and see what happens. 

Are you useing Shadowplay and if so, do you use shadowplay on the same HardDrive as Arma3?

I had insane combat lag aswell but outside combat everything was all fine. I only had a HDD at the time and in my case Shadowplay took away a lot of FPS. I got a SSD, installed Arma3 on SSD and use shadowplay on HDD. I got +30 FPS, going on 70+ currently.

I only have GTX 970, 8GB RAM and I5 4460.. :P

Edited by NotSoNutty