How to increase the rate of prison breaks?

38 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Cartel-=prison?  Come on now, how are you even trying to compare old prison to a cartel?  Are you sure I'm the retarded one?

No one is comparing to that extent, you are saying were mad because we need to use tactics now, when we use tactics in every day to day activity fighting other rebels, why should we be mad about using them against cops?, your logic makes no sense.

Any cop who knew what they were doing liked the old prison, theres a reason rebels would log onto cop when it got triggered. No matter how good of a group triggers it, any decent leader can take it over, its not hard, just the stupid higher ups made it hard. Theres a reason we carried suicide grenades when we knew any decent higher up was on. The compound is very easy to control, all it takes is half a brain.

JAY1HP and JIMBO like this
31 minutes ago, Haych said:

why should we be mad about using them against cops?, your logic makes no sense.

Why would you assume someone is just bad at the game because they dont like peak battles?  

31 minutes ago, Haych said:

Any cop who knew what they were doing liked the old prison, theres a reason rebels would log onto cop when it got triggered. No matter how good of a group triggers it, any decent leader can take it over, its not hard, just the stupid higher ups made it hard. Theres a reason we carried suicide grenades when we knew any decent higher up was on. The compound is very easy to control, all it takes is half a brain.

I disagree with that assessment, know how to fight people at prison doesn't make it enjoyable.  None of the rebel fights are hard when you just lethal everyone which is what every prison break inevitably turned into.  Again, you're proving the point that the old prison was strictly to kill cops and no other reason with "suicide grenades". The intended purpose was not to buff your wanted levels.  Its been changed *albeit not working* to not encourage that as the only reason to do it.  Requiring more tactics than sitting across a long killway and protecting a small opening to having to spread out, cover multiple locations making it much harder to lethal your friend so he doesn't get arrested (nothing is more hypocritical than rebels who yell value your life as they lethal their friends), and harder to escape due to the aforementioned distance between people and lack over superior cover. 

You keep defending the old prison as if the ONLY reason it existed was to kill cops, instead of looking at it for what it was supposed to be.  You're absolutely right if it was there to just kill cops, but absolutely wrong when it comes to its actual purpose.  It simply wasn't balanced, its was loads of fun from the rebel side and total aids from the blufor side.

On 2/27/2017 at 9:41 AM, HotWings said:

All told 30 people have said something about the prison on the forums.  At any time during peak hours there are any where from 400-500 people on the servers....  Just because people dont use the forums does not mean they are not active members.  Its very annoying when people try to claim "the majority" when its literally less than 1%  

If you aren't willing to voice your opinion on the forums why should your opinion matter in the first place?

Just now, Steve said:

If you aren't willing to voice your opinion on the forums why should your opinion matter in the first place?

Because no opinion is more relevant than others. Keep the discussion polite everyone and stop with the retarded me retarded you thing.

I liked the old prison some times, some times I hated it. Why I don't like the new ones, I haven't done any. And as one career rebel said one time and I think Haych said here too, they don't do it (supposing it works) because by the time they gear up and finish all the process his friends is already out of the timer and they will be out of jail, and they watch one ep of their favorite show. 

PB will be more relevant if the prison time was extended (a long with the abilities on cops to reduce or increase the time) Then people will care about friends going to jail. Server needs dynamics, the dev team can make everything on their hands to add/remove/change game dynamics but if you don't want to (ej Tanoa coke farm) It will not happen ever. Rebels are afraid of lose their gear because they want a an Altis game mode where they get money and gear for killing people. 

As for why Paratus doesn't want it back, Gnashes was already clear about that, He doesn't like that spot, his server. Sure we are open for suggestions but its his final call on everything. 

+1 on Orca SWAT spawn and what some people said on SWAT spawning on as team. but first higher ups need to be choose by their game knowledge and abilities to communicate, and cops need to think more than just rush. Cops in a barrel fish can still happen, make them persue you to a rebel an shoot them from the towers, keep pinging and messaging people so they can keep going back with out fear to points. Make Gas Station robberies and set up all around. DP´3 is a great spot. Unfortunately for the APD cops are moved by money, which is an advantage for you, rack a big bounty dont be in a Heli and you will have your fights

PD: If you dont understand something please contact my official translator @HotWings

Silver-Spy and HotWings like this

I never had a problem with Pyrgos prison, sometimes I would rush across the bridge in a hatchback sport ,sure I would die sometimes, but most of the time I managed to get to the wall, or I would just grab a wet suit and swim to the island, watch the tower from the corner and down any peakers from the towers, throw smokes for cover, get people watching the towers from across the bridge, flash people inside, so more officers could move up, sometimes drop people in back of the prison from a heli ,once we had towers down we would push in, the fights were good, even if we died a few times, and if we had Sgts-LT on it was even easier, all we had to do was get people watching towers, then hunters, striders would move across and transport officers.

New prison does not even work correctly and half of the time when you spawn as a guard your trapped inside the cage or on the other side of the wall, so you can't even get to the main building to do anything..

The new prison offers no cover really for officers, considering most people use 7.62s, they can pen almost all cover we have, and the way some of the buildings are placed make really awkward angles to peak from.

I have died more as a officer attending the new prisons than I ever did at Pyrgos prison.

bunni likes this
22 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Idk what real life you live in but I can just straight up murder my neighbor for no reason. Will I? No, probably not. I like my neighbor and I don't want to go to jail. But I can do it, I will just have to face the consequences (aka a jail sentence) not an rdm ban that says I can't live for 3 days. The only thing even remotely close to resembling real life in this game is ballistics, and even those aren't perfect.

Yes you could just go out and murder everyone just like you could on Altis life, doesn't mean your gonna do it. In real life you honestly have to have some sort of motive to kill someone. You can't just go out and say I'm going to kill some random today unless you have some sort of mental illness.

4 hours ago, Revolt McLovin said:

Yes you could just go out and murder everyone just like you could on Altis life, doesn't mean your gonna do it. In real life you honestly have to have some sort of motive to kill someone. You can't just go out and say I'm going to kill some random today unless you have some sort of mental illness.

This game isn't realistic at all is what I'm saying. People don't constantly break people out of prison, people don't constantly rob banks with high powered rifles and 10+ people, people don't constantly rob federal reserves, cops don't respawn irl, cops don't drive sports cars that go 230 mph give or take. The point of my argument is not about whether killing someone for no reason is right, it's that this game is quite unrealistic, and comparing it to real life is not a good idea, as it can lead to misconceptions and is a weak argument in general on these forums.

Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

This game isn't realistic at all is what I'm saying. People don't constantly break people out of prison, people don't constantly rob banks with high powered rifles and 10+ people, people don't constantly rob federal reserves, cops don't respawn irl, cops don't drive sports cars that go 230 mph give or take. The point of my argument is not about whether killing someone for no reason is right, it's that this game is quite unrealistic, and comparing it to real life is not a good idea, as it can lead to misconceptions and is a weak argument in general on these forums.

And all of those things would be protected by highly armed private security with instructions to shoot and kill anyone who attempts to rob/break someone out.

3 hours ago, Vanilla Coke said:

Also keep in mind that this is Altis Life RP not wherever you live. Altis is a country that has been through war and what not. Rebels are essentially CSAT so stealing money and what not from banks with high power rifles could be somewhat realistic for Altis

On 2/28/2017 at 7:56 PM, Revolt McLovin said:

Its not like in real life they can do a prison break easy, prison breaks are meant to be hard and brutal. Cops being fish in a barrel is not realistic.

54 minutes ago, Revolt McLovin said:

Also keep in mind that this is Altis Life RP not wherever you live. Altis is a country that has been through war and what not. Rebels are essentially CSAT so stealing money and what not from banks with high power rifles could be somewhat realistic for Altis

In your original argument, you are talking about real life, as in our real life, and realistic for a video game world is not an actual thing. Even though the island is based off of an actual real life island, I am 100% certain it is nothing like this. We are so far off topic at this point it is sad.

re·al·is·tic
ˌrēəˈlistik/
adjective
adjective: realistic
  1. 1.
    having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.
    "jobs are scarce at the moment, so you've got to be realistic"
    synonyms: practical, pragmatic, matter-of-fact, down-to-earth, sensible, commonsensical, grounded; More
    informalhaving both/one's feet on the ground, hard-nosed, no-nonsense
    "you've got to be realistic"
  2. 2.
    representing familiar things in a way that is accurate or true to life.
    "a realistic human drama"
    synonyms: true to life, lifelike, truthful, true, faithful, unidealized, real-life, naturalistic, graphic
    "a realistic portrayal of war"
    antonyms:

fictional, imaginative

Edited by Vanilla Coke
51 minutes ago, Vanilla Coke said:

In your original argument, you are talking about real life, as in our real life, and realistic for a video game world is not an actual thing. Even though the island is based off of an actual real life island, I am 100% certain it is nothing like this. We are so far off topic at this point it is sad.

re·al·is·tic
ˌrēəˈlistik/
adjective
adjective: realistic
  1. 1.
    having or showing a sensible and practical idea of what can be achieved or expected.
    "jobs are scarce at the moment, so you've got to be realistic"
    synonyms: practical, pragmatic, matter-of-fact, down-to-earth, sensible, commonsensical, grounded; More
    informalhaving both/one's feet on the ground, hard-nosed, no-nonsense
    "you've got to be realistic"
  2. 2.
    representing familiar things in a way that is accurate or true to life.
    "a realistic human drama"
    synonyms: true to life, lifelike, truthful, true, faithful, unidealized, real-life, naturalistic, graphic
    "a realistic portrayal of war"
    antonyms:

fictional, imaginative

Its realistic, regardless the fact that the story may be made up from Arma 3.

Down syn·drome
ˈdoun ˌsindrōm/
noun

1. a congenital disorder arising from a chromosome defect, causing intellectual impairment and physical abnormalities including short stature and a broad facial profile. It arises from a defect involving chromosome 21, usually an extra copy (trisomy-21).

(I thought it would be funny)

2 minutes ago, HotWings said:

I'm waiting for an actual answer.  Because "we want it and we want it now" Hasn't and will most likely never work.

To be honest, completely honest. I really enjoyed the 2nd prison they tried (not the one near Athira, the lag compound in the water). I would have been fine if they kept that and tried to reduce lag. This new one is complete shit.

2 hours ago, massi said:

i swear this new prison is basically the equivalent of evolution of combat on runescape

nobody but the creators liked it

and that's why everyone quit

you have to listen to the community

It's not like there was a thing called Australia life where so many changes were forced without the community's backing and that server quickly went downhill.  

Just now, Vanilla Coke said:

To be honest, completely honest. I really enjoyed the 2nd prison they tried (not the one near Athira, the lag compound in the water). I would have been fine if they kept that and tried to reduce lag. This new one is complete shit.

The Hubs prison was worse than old prison.  You basically took the old prison only made the compound smaller

37 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

It's literally the same prison, in a different spot. (specifically, a spot that's not a 200 meter long chokepoint)

36 minutes ago, HotWings said:

The Hubs prison was worse than old prison.  You basically took the old prison only made the compound smaller

I'm going to break it down as to why I dislike this new prison.

• With all the lag and desync - and no I am not talking about BattlEye kicks, I am talking about the fact that Arma in general is a laggy game - CQC will favor cops, so if you don't put a kind of final obstacle cops need to overcome, we will forever be at a massive disadvantage.
  • What would be a beautiful design is a couple L shaped blockades, like the tall road block looking things (like the current walls, but shorter and wider, they're the white things in the middle of the fed) on the edges of the front gates, so the front gate makes this kind of C shape, like Hub's prison but the blocks are on the outside instead of the inside, that way there is some kind of solid cover for rebels to peek cops pushing the gates besides the deerstands, which are already pretty useless. It is a nice prison, but there absolutely need to be some kind of balance and/or punishment for cops being able to get point blank on the gates extremely easily and quickly. There needs to be a way for them to either A. Die on the way to the gate or B. Ways for us to fight them on the gate without getting lit up by the whole APD for pushing out of the compound. I think this is where we run into the majority of our balancing issues.

This post was much longer, but I condensed it for TL;DR purposes.

Edited by Vanilla Coke
Silver-Spy likes this