Old Pyrgos Prison COMMUNITY PETITION

Should Paratus bring back old pyrgos prison with the old mechanic?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. ^

Just now, Bikstok said:

I agree that the new prison mechanics are way better, but that doesn't change the fact that the pyrgos island brings a lot of different aspects to the fighting style. Sometimes it would cops rushing in hunters. Sometimes you would have a bunch of divers to worry about. Other times it was simply a 300-500m snipefest.

All I'm suggesting is keep the current prison, but add another combat scenario to the old island. If gangs spam it too much simply add some restrictions.

Also, someone should probably make a video or guide on how to do the actual prison. Every time I ask my friends about it, they tell me it's broken. That includes some admins, too, so clearly there's a lot of confusion going on.

+! 

12 hours ago, bamf said:

The location of the Pyrgos prison was inherently imbalanced.  The design allowed the force that should be attacking to get into a highly defendable position.  Further, that force had a "funnel of death" where most of the attacks would come from.  It was fun occasionally, but given the back to back to back nature of some gangs prison breaks it pushed us to decide  that it was ultimately no the best way to proceed with the prison mechanic.  

Is it really just that the force breaking into the prison has to fight there way in that is the issue here with everyone?  The number of times on the forums where people have asked to have the cops defend something is pretty big actually - and that's partially what we did here - although the cops can only respond to be a defender for about 45 seconds from the time you start breaking into the front door.  They don't keep respawning there, it's only at the start.  

It was not really that hard to win the prison as a cop, sure stop it before the timer might have been hard, but getting them all, not as hard.

Whenever I did it, I landed a full orca on back of the island, clear out the island, all the rebels are pushed in the compound. Smoke like crazy and drop an orca on the office building.

The prison was not so inballanced, it was just the case of higher ups never wanting to pull any vehicles and never saying anything, just watching their troops drive across the bridge

12 hours ago, Bikstok said:

Remember how the prison used to be fought? We defended the entire island, and the combat was so dynamic because you had to watch for divers and hotdrops everywhere on the island.

Remember the original fed that was there? That was awesome fights!

Axe and Steve like this
1 hour ago, Budbringer said:

The prison was not so inballanced, it was just the case of higher ups never wanting to pull any vehicles and never saying anything, just watching their troops drive across the bridge

This....

There were a few Sgts+ that would use their hunters to get themsleves and 4 cops (maybe) to the FRONT GATES (MAINLAND SIDE) and then send a cadet to DROWN the hunter. They had the resources and never used them. 

Also, if you just raised the office building, it would be 10X easier to land a humming on as there would be a larger blind spot. Not that it was hard to do before. And if people camping in the prison (terrible players like myself) then just set a region you can't go in as an un-jailed civ. Basically like the "Keep away from the walls" region, but for unjailed civs. 

Also, expand the compound and make it exposed from more than 90 degrees. You could even turn the deer stands so revives are more difficult and punishing. 

Corgi likes this
On 3/7/2017 at 3:01 PM, bamf said:

The location of the Pyrgos prison was inherently imbalanced.  The design allowed the force that should be attacking to get into a highly defendable position.  Further, that force had a "funnel of death" where most of the attacks would come from.  It was fun occasionally, but given the back to back to back nature of some gangs prison breaks it pushed us to decide  that it was ultimately no the best way to proceed with the prison mechanic.  

Is it really just that the force breaking into the prison has to fight there way in that is the issue here with everyone?  The number of times on the forums where people have asked to have the cops defend something is pretty big actually - and that's partially what we did here - although the cops can only respond to be a defender for about 45 seconds from the time you start breaking into the front door.  They don't keep respawning there, it's only at the start.  

I haven't enjoyed the prison since it was changed, the locations just all felt wrong and wonky. For people to say it is a sniping battle and a tacticless rush is wrong. The tactics for dealing with the prison that I was taught over a year ago, on cadet week, disappeared. The prison became the hatchback sport rush rather than the hunter rush or diver cars smashing into the bay and swimming across. 

To make people do prison breaks again:

- Move to Pygros Island

- Add a prison break title for 10, 25, 100 breaks.

- Utilize the barracks near the HQ as the Auxilary Power.

I can think of so many fun times at the Pygros Prison but practically none at the new ones, listen to the community.

massi and Das Otter like this
On Monday, February 27, 2017 at 10:26 PM, MrClean said:

as I stated in my last post; You miss it now but once its here you will grow tired of it. 

People did prisons just as often as banks or even more. Nobody grew tired of it. All I know is if ANY other gaming community had over 90% votes to bring something back...it would be changed in a hurry

Edited by Das Otter
bunni, Treeontyn, Steve and 1 other like this
31 minutes ago, Das Otter said:

People did prisons just as often as banks or even more. Nobody grew tired of it. All I know is if ANY other gaming community had over 90% votes to bring something back...it would be changed in a hurry

Asylum puts a huge change in that the community doesn't like > Bamf/Paratus says it will most likely never be reverted or significantly changed > At some point later down the road after anyone who disliked said change has stopped playing  > the change is usually changed back halfway to what it was after the community begs for it to be reverted for months, in the case of 6.0, about a year and a half.

Examples for those who think I am full of shit:

• Some of the deer stands got added back into the fed.
  • Csat was added back in, but you have to buy loot crate keys for pilot coveralls, they also cost more in game they did before.
  • Orcas got added back in but as of right now they have the rotor script for them making them useless to fight cops with and especially useless for cartels. This is still in, even though the Orca glass is nothing like what it was.
  • Cartels don't autopay to your gang bank anymore but they now generate more money then they used too, with the downside of the fridge being capped at 100k and the dirty money disappears on restart.
  • The money cap was added in but then the prestige system was given some value so we have to grind more to get a higher cap. but not quite the same as having no money cap to begin with.

Some people will say this is obvious and pointless to say, other people will disagree and get a very bad case of incurable butthurt.

BioHazard and Das Otter like this

From a Rebel Standpoint I loved it. Was unfair for the cops and was fun using alot of the cheesy spots and racking up kills.

From a Cop standpoint it was retarded due to so many one sided spots and a death bridge to drive over.

If it ever is implemented I would like to see some way for the cops to get into the back of the prison and run into the barracks to make it even.

And maybe some stairs for the bank.

The Monopoly Man likes this
Just now, Sugarfoot said:

From a Rebel Standpoint I loved it. Was unfair for the cops and was fun using alot of the cheesy spots and racking up kills.

From a Cop standpoint it was retarded due to so many one sided spots and a death bridge to drive over.

If it ever is implemented I would like to see some way for the cops to get into the back of the prison and run into the barracks to make it even.

And maybe some stairs for the bank.

I would be down for this that way the rebels have to defend 2 sides. 

I am ok with the new prison but I do like the old one more. It was always sort of a sniper shootout at that island. Cops had close respawn and spots to snipe from etc. 

@Sugarfoot maybe one way is to allow cops to spawn in water behind the prison island so they can flank rebels etc. That way cops can attack from the water at the same time. 

Steve, Trash, Mr.Purple and 1 other like this
Just now, Mr Smirnoff said:

I am ok with the new prison but I do like the old one more. It was always sort of a sniper shootout at that island. Cops had close respawn and spots to snipe from etc. 

@Sugarfoot maybe one way is to allow cops to spawn in water behind the prison island so they can flank rebels etc. That way cops can attack from the water at the same time. 

I'd be curious to see that and how it works. I was just thinking in terms of having multiple entrances for them to enter rather then one tunnel

The Monopoly Man likes this

Honestly it would be cool if they had swat-esque mode, So people would go to the hq and get maybe a little bit of a buffed loadout for one spawn and or an option of different spawn types like strider etc. This would have to a be a system that gives no gear advantage so that whitelisting wouldnt be needed,

4 hours ago, Mr Smirnoff said:

Now this is way out left field but why aren't cop vehicles like over buffed?

To me the point of the armored vehicles was to stop heavily armed rebels and there literally useless against them in there current state. I dont think anyone would care if cops had suped up armored vehicles and would pull them more. It would be a game changer for things like the old prison or the new bank

3 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

Now this is way out left field but why aren't cop vehicles like over buffed?

To me the point of the armored vehicles was to stop heavily armed rebels and there literally useless against them in there current state. I dont think anyone would care if cops had suped up armored vehicles and would pull them more. It would be a game changer for things like the old prison or the new bank

Will agree the armor for the police doesn't have much of a well fitting purpose other then being what it is now. I find them hard to use in most rebel v. cop situations I may as well be driving a sport with how much protection I get.

Sandwich likes this

Something needs to change with the current prison at least, the community wants Pyrgos prison back, but it does not look like its going to happen.

So perhaps we should look toward a new/or same prison system and change the design/location? at least for now unless we get Pyrgos Prison back.

Feel free to post ideas. :)

On 3/12/2017 at 5:10 AM, James.Anderson said:

Something needs to change with the current prison at least, the community wants Pyrgos prison back, but it does not look like its going to happen.

So perhaps we should look toward a new/or same prison system and change the design/location? at least for now unless we get Pyrgos Prison back.

Feel free to post ideas. :)

I have an idea. Try the new prison. :shrug:  I have actually fought it twice and it was pretty fun.  The thing isnt even working right now due to rabbits opening the doors which will be fixed in the next hotfix, but people are crying about it having never actually done it.

Edited by HotWings
15 minutes ago, Treeontyn said:

"Doors are already open"

Read the rest of the post...

15 minutes ago, James.Anderson said:

I did a few weeks back.

Last time I seen someone do a prison at the new area was when it was put in, since then..none.

Im sure not nearly enough times to actually test it out, see how it can go doing different strats.  I have fought there twice, both times it was loads of fun, guys driving around in ifrits stopping to snipe cops when they were not looking, guys on the power plant, guys in the yard, guys on the roof.  Possibilities are there, its just the sheer refusal to do it that's stopping it.

The only argument so far has been "its not as easy to kill cops"  Fuck all to balance, we want the one sided snipe fest back that makes doing restart long prison breaks a thing.  I found it fun for the first 10-15 minutes or so on rebel then boring as fuck, and one cop Id just die once and leave because it wasnt worth fighting.  

5 hours ago, Steve said:

To me the thing is is that it is no longer the "vocal minority." There are over 200 people who voted on this, really think for a second on that. I can't remember the last time there was over 75 votes on a post.

Just because a bunch of people voted for it doesn't mean they're going to revert something they consider unbalanced.  

8 hours ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

For real though.  The location might not have to change but the mechanics certainly rethought out.  It should be a more simplified process, maybe not as simple as the old prison but there is a good balance.  

The mechanic is fine, its not over complication, its pretty much the same as hacking the fed doors.  Its just currently broken because rabbits/snakes open the doors creating the "doors are already open" error.  The new mechanic actually allows a prison break to be completed in 6 minutes instead of 10 as well.  Gnashes has said its fixed in dev, just waiting for a dev to push out the patch.