Old Pyrgos Prison COMMUNITY PETITION

Should Paratus bring back old pyrgos prison with the old mechanic?  

261 members have voted

1. 1. ^

1 hour ago, Hanzo/Dirty Scrubz said:

Old island was a better location but the design and mechanic would need to be thought out and reworked. The current mechanic, while great in theory, is too cumbersome for the average Asylum gang. I know the devs and Paratus want a more involved process to do things but unfortunately the community is lazy and just wants one or two simple steps for PB.

Pretty much this.

When attempting to do the PB the other day, had to pull up the guide and go through it together, shit felt like reading a broken tutorial on how to get to the Pack-a-Punch machine on Call of Duty except half the things didn't work. People just want to log on, fly to a location and start killing straight away, that has always been the beauty about Asylum compared to other Life servers, simplicity and fun.

Just now, bamf said:

I did a prison break the other day with a group. It was successful, and everyone seemed to have fun. 

I don't see the prison moving back to the old location with the old mechanic ever honestly...

I was there; as much as we all enjoyed it, it's surprising how much of the forums community wants Pyrgos to return.

6 hours ago, bamf said:

I did a prison break the other day with a group. It was successful, and everyone seemed to have fun. 

I don't see the prison moving back to the old location with the old mechanic ever honestly...

Any chance you can add a check that forces to doors closed unless its in progress?  That is the issue we run into with it not working.  Ive found the places (I think) that will do it, but when the snakes/rabbits force the door open you just get a "the doors are already open" message and cannot perform a PB. @bamf

Edited by HotWings
4 hours ago, BioHazard said:

Pretty much apparently nothing will happen regardless of how many people voted for it.

CSAT/CL was removed by community vote.  

Just because you don't like the outcome doesn't mean that they didn't listen and/or discuss it.  It means they came to a decision based on how they want to proceed with the development of the servers.  We are not entitled to something just because someone made a poll.  

Just now, Smee said:

13 officer more or less career cops, a couple unknown trolls / apple pickers. 

Shows that they are not willing to receive that bobby again.

I play civ just as much as I play cop at this point  Probably shouldnt make assumptions.  I know the old prison well, I was in Bad Blood for close to 18 months before I even started playing cop.  :shrug:  Its unbalanced, that has basically been the entire argument coming from you guys... "We dont care about breaking people out we just want an easy way to kill cops"

1 minute ago, HotWings said:

I play civ just as much as I play cop at this point  Probably shouldnt make assumptions.  I know the old prison well, I was in Bad Blood for close to 18 months before I even started playing cop.  :shrug:  Its unbalanced, that has basically been the entire argument coming from you guys... "We dont care about breaking people out we just want an easy way to kill cops"

Because banks or feds aren't an easy way to kill cops :fail: esp. banks

5 minutes ago, HotWings said:

"Its unbalanced, that has basically been the entire argument coming from you guys... "We dont care about breaking people out we just want an easy way to kill cops" 

im sure rebels arnt arguing.  im sure APD do have "tatics" im sure APD do have "SWAT"  and i can simply pull that badblood card aswell. :shrug:

Just now, Smee said:

im sure rebels arnt arguing.  im sure APD do have "tatics" im sure APD do have "SWAT"  and i can simply pull that badblood card aswell. :shrug:

What exactly does that have to do with the caste that's the prison?  I havnt once heard you explain how its balanced at all, you just keep trying to throw out insults.  I'm glad you were in a gang, Im also not sure how that's relevant since its clear that you're argument is 100% biased towards the rebel side.

Just now, Smee said:

the reward of breaking your team member out ?

The majority of prison breaks happened with no one in jail.  Hell FSA/BB would do them back to back for hours for absolutely no reason, to the point where I would get captain/lt approval to not make people respond anymore.  Still waiting for you to explain how it was balanced.

Just now, HotWings said:

The majority of prison breaks happened with no one in jail.  Hell FSA/BB would do them back to back for hours for absolutely no reason, to the point where I would get captain/lt approval to not make people respond anymore.  Still waiting for you to explain how it was balanced.

True, but later down the line its all about the paycheck and that one person will either get caught and or lethald. if you were wise just dont respond....

25 minutes ago, Smee said:

c206f46f4335e1c8931f9a929b9ce650.png 

13 officer more or less career cops, a couple unknown trolls / apple pickers. 

Shows that they are not willing to receive that bobby again.

I dont want the prison back at pyrgos island because I want the old fed back there. That was a much funnier fight than when the prison was there. Escaping with 1.7 mill cash on hand in diving suit, running for the water as  a  ton of bullets came after you. That was good fun. Having 4 cops swim after you as you swim with cash, swimming to chopshop to get picked up. The memories

I like the island for combat, but the fed was a more fun fight than the prison

BioHazard and HotWings like this

I've noticed that a lot of people that weren't even here for long before the prison were changed have been trying to get it changed to the "old prison" even though they never experienced the true beauty of it and they only knew of the videos such as "APD striking fear into the hearts of their enemy" I remember when that video was released, helped me slowly groove into rebel life. Time for change..

FudgeR likes this
8 minutes ago, House. said:

I've noticed that a lot of people that weren't even here for long before the prison were changed have been trying to get it changed to the "old prison" even though they never experienced the true beauty of it and they only knew of the videos such as "APD striking fear into the hearts of their enemy" I remember when that video was released, helped me slowly groove into rebel life. Time for change..

The "old prison" was actually in Kavala lol  Probably like 12 people here remember that.

31 minutes ago, Bama said:

Would be nice to actually fight at prison again on cop.

If we're not gonna get pyrgos prison back how about making it easier to do PB.

I think the first step would be removing guard duty. It's a terrible concept. After they implemented it, that's when the prison died for good. Every other end game event consists of defending an area, why must you make prison an exception? 

Just now, Gnashes said:

It's not supposed to be something that one guy can actually pull off.

Someone is defending an area. Just for this one it's the cops defending the area, which makes sense because it's a prison.

There would be people guarding a bank and the Federal Reserve too.

massi likes this
2 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Hey, we can do that.

make it to where you have to cut through like 3 gates? so cops would have time to report but it would only be like a 3 min report timer i would think then the report notice goes away?

21 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Hey, we can do that.

You could but no one would ever do a fed or a bank just like no one does the prison now. Personally I don't care anymore, I grind money and mostly fight cartels occasionally I fight cops. It would be the rest of the community that would hate the concept. 

I'm sure you were just trolling but we never know with you lol.

massi likes this

The location of the Pyrgos prison was inherently imbalanced.  The design allowed the force that should be attacking to get into a highly defendable position.  Further, that force had a "funnel of death" where most of the attacks would come from.  It was fun occasionally, but given the back to back to back nature of some gangs prison breaks it pushed us to decide  that it was ultimately no the best way to proceed with the prison mechanic.  

Is it really just that the force breaking into the prison has to fight there way in that is the issue here with everyone?  The number of times on the forums where people have asked to have the cops defend something is pretty big actually - and that's partially what we did here - although the cops can only respond to be a defender for about 45 seconds from the time you start breaking into the front door.  They don't keep respawning there, it's only at the start.  

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

The location of the Pyrgos prison was inherently imbalanced.  The design allowed the force that should be attacking to get into a highly defendable position.  Further, that force had a "funnel of death" where most of the attacks would come from.  It was fun occasionally, but given the back to back to back nature of some gangs prison breaks it pushed us to decide  that it was ultimately no the best way to proceed with the prison mechanic.  

Is it really just that the force breaking into the prison has to fight there way in that is the issue here with everyone?  The number of times on the forums where people have asked to have the cops defend something is pretty big actually - and that's partially what we did here - although the cops can only respond to be a defender for about 45 seconds from the time you start breaking into the front door.  They don't keep respawning there, it's only at the start.  

The prison may have been too imbalanced by the end when everyone would stack inside the actual compound. You could have easily fixed that by making the compound more open from the sides, thus forcing rebels to defend the entire island. Remember how the prison used to be fought? We defended the entire island, and the combat was so dynamic because you had to watch for divers and hotdrops everywhere on the island.

In my opinion, the biggest problem with the change is how you removed content. It would have been better to simply add new content without replacing the old. I'm sure there's room for both a prison and something else where cops can defend.

If you want to make rebels happy, just add another combat scenario to the pyrgos island.

Edited by Bikstok
massi likes this
8 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

But content wasn't removed. The only content that existed for old prison was "stand near NPC with gun". Now you have actual mechanics involved in a prison break.

I agree that the new prison mechanics are way better, but that doesn't change the fact that the pyrgos island brings a lot of different aspects to the fighting style. Sometimes it would be cops rushing in hunters. Sometimes you would have a bunch of divers to worry about. Sometimes orca/ghosthawk hotdrops. Other times it was simply a 300-500m snipefest.

All I'm suggesting is to keep the current prison, but add another combat scenario to the old island. If gangs spam it too much simply add some restrictions.

Also, someone should probably make a video or guide on how to do the actual prison. Every time I ask my friends about it, they tell me it's broken. That includes some admins, too, so clearly there's a lot of confusion going on.

Edited by Bikstok
massi and BioHazard like this