Suggestion- Admin Recognition

I think admins deserve more appreciation, some people have been complaining about response time lately and I know that Admins have life's to live and things to do, and that they can't spend all of their time sitting there on player reports (which there tend to be a lot). Overall I think people should see more what admins do and understand how time consuming it truly is. In my opinion, Admins don't receive enough recognition for what they actually do.

Bilal Battu, Silver-Spy and drex like this

Just making a very general estimate here.

Last 5 Days (based on when topic was started):

125 Compensation Requests (x3 Minutes) - 375 Minutes

100 Ban Appeals (x3-5 Minutes) - 300-500 Minutes

175 Player Reports(x3-7 Minutes) - 525-1225 Minutes

Total Time: 20-35 Hours of Administrative work, not including server maintenance / log checking

25 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Total Time: 20-35 Hours of Administrative work, not including server maintenance / log checking

Say 30 hours, whats that, like 2 hours of work in 5 days split between all 15 Admins. Not to bad if you ask me. Its only a problem say when 5 of those Admins are doing fuck all.

But they should know what they are getting into when applying for Admin. We all know some only do it, as @Sneaky said, for banning power and in game tools.

39 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

Divided by 5 days 4-7 hours a day, dived among all admins, 16-28 min a day. Problem have never been amount of work needed to do admin stuff, problem have always been freeloaders

Sneaky, Ghouh and Frizzy like this
12 minutes ago, Budbringer said:

Divided by 5 days 4-7 hours a day, dived among all admins, 16-28 min a day. Problem have never been amount of work needed to do admin stuff, problem have always been freeloaders

That, coupled with the fact that some people (like myself historically, and now Starance), spend an hour or two a day digging through logs for people exploiting and leave the forum work to others.

1 hour ago, Gnashes said:

That, coupled with the fact that some people (like myself historically, and now Starance), spend an hour or two a day digging through logs for people exploiting and leave the forum work to others.

Starance has been lost to the logs.

He is no longer man, merely machine. His hands composed of filters and his face a collage of alerts.

What was once flesh is now efficiency.

JAY1HP and dennozZ like this
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:01 AM, Gnashes said:

Maybe hiring more admins could do the trick?

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 8:45 AM, Braden said:

I think admins deserve more appreciation, some people have been complaining about response time lately and I know that Admins have life's to live and things to do, and that they can't spend all of their time sitting there on player reports (which there tend to be a lot). Overall I think people should see more what admins do and understand how time consuming it truly is. In my opinion, Admins don't receive enough recognition for what they actually do.

d275949755ff6b621c6216b1b26dc45b.png

3 Days so far, got to be patient my friend :FeelsBadMan:

It's also with developers aswell, me knowing how to code I can only understand how it must be to @Gnashes and other developers when everyone complains about stuff that actually improves gameplay and took time out of there day for free to work on the server. Also this might sound a bit retarded for the people that know I'm banned currently but the admins are doing a fantastic job right now.

On 05/04/2017 at 2:01 PM, Gnashes said:

you sure?