Question for Admins and Rule Creators (Grey area curiosities)

I was thinking of a few things that confused me when a new player asked me. I wasn't sure what answer to give.

Three situations:

1. If a player complies with putting his hands up -> Is Restrained -> and then is either drowned or dropped off of a roof

Is that RDM? I want to say yes but thats such a weird thing

2. If a player spawns cars to block a vehicle spawn -> leaves in a car from another player or a third car they moved.

Is that exploiting?

3. If a cop sirens a player and dies -> Returns to that area that he died with the players still in it in under 5 minutes

Does the player need to reinitiate? In my opinion he doesn't -> However the officer usually brings people that were not there before and they will report "RDM".

3 minutes ago, Nomadox said:

I have spoke to admins about this, and what I have gotten in response was: if you restrain someone, you can do whatever you want with them, whether it be kill them, drown them, down them, or anything else you have in mind, whereas when someone is complying but is not restrained, you can not kill them.

yea but i did that and i got banned so xd

1. Find any reason to kill them. Wearing a blue shirt is good enough.

2. Not an exploit. Course, you can also expect an Admin to start deleting them if you intentionally troll with it.

3. If you kill a cop in a firefight and more cops (or the same cops) show up in the exact same area within a timeframe that would keep RP, still game for the civs to shoot the cops. The cops would need to re-initiate though.

Just now, Blake Kingsin said:

IM PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE TO SAY "OR DIE" AT THE END OR ITS CONSIDERED RDM FOR INVALID INITIATION IF YOU SHOOT THEM.

If I point a gun at your face and tell you to put your hands up, the "or get shot" is implied.

Just now, Gnashes said:

If they put their hands up? No.

If they run, yes.

IM PRETTY SURE YOU HAVE TO SAY "OR DIE" AT THE END OR ITS CONSIDERED RDM FOR INVALID INITIATION IF YOU SHOOT THEM.

AND IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE MY FRIEND GOT PERM BANNED FOR TELLING SOMEBODY TO PUT THEIR "HANDS UP" AND AFTER THE GUY PULLED A GUN OUT MY FRIEND SHOT HIM AND THEN GOT BANNED

AND IM SAYING THIS BECAUSE MY FRIEND GOT PERM BANNED FOR TELLING SOMEBODY TO PUT THEIR "HANDS UP" AND AFTER THE GUY PULLED A GUN OUT MY FRIEND SHOT HIM AND THEN GOT BANNED

CHILL WITH THE CAPS BRO. WHY DO WE HAVE TO YELL.

Edited by Heidelberg
Just now, Revenant said:

Even if he just says "Hands up" not "hands up or die"?

Just now, Gnashes said:

If I point a gun at your face and tell you to put your hands up, the "or get shot" is implied.

44 minutes ago, Gnashes said:

1. Find any reason to kill them. Wearing a blue shirt is good enough.

2. Not an exploit. Course, you can also expect an Admin to start deleting them if you intentionally troll with it.

3. If you kill a cop in a firefight and more cops (or the same cops) show up in the exact same area within a timeframe that would keep RP, still game for the civs to shoot the cops. The cops would need to re-initiate though.

How could you prove it though.

What if Cop A died, Cop B hops on to join him -> dies -> shows a video of him dying shortly after logging in and heading over.

A lot of people manipulate that shit and some ding dong comes in for the ban

Just now, Nicolas March said:

What if you text someone, hands up, is that iniation

Also if your in a car and someone says hands up or die, is that rdm? Because if im in a car I cant put my hands up

First one may very well get you banned. Don't be lazy with your text initiation.

If you don't give them enough time to come to a complete stop, exit the vehicle, and put their hands up, yes. Best bet when they're in a car is to not use the hands up line.

1 hour ago, DJB said:

Okay what is the red zone for cartels, is it 1km? @Sugarfoot help me find an answer to this please man. Lol @Gnashes

Just to update what I said ->

1. 1 km is standard EXCEPT in these cases:

A. Arms + Meth island the entire islands are not RDM including the little island above meth and on the sides near the church at arms.

B. Any Cartel near a DP or a town then becomes iffy. It really depends on the cartel but if they drive by the bitch shoot them out -> if there in a dp thats 500m away then its most likely RDM

DJB likes this
2 hours ago, Kettles said:

Wong's Triad on Tanoa. I assume this is the cartel you're asking about since you killed a dood that was outside of the 300 meter redzone and are currently trying to justify you killing him.

6d3abb63ed5ebd00ad6136fd7c1ee4eb.jpg

3580e32c8a6243fc01ba80080ed144ab.jpg

:shrug:

Okay first of all I am talking about all cartels.  Secondly I killed your little friend and we were only about 200 meters out from the capture point and he was obviously coming to fight.  You are backing up someone that is just salty they got shit on at a cartel. LMAO  but hey that is up to you. @Kettles Just a fun cartel fight no need for y'all to get salty when we fight.  But again man that is up to you.

But hey maybe we can get some help on this one @Sugarfoot what do you think is the red zone for wongs on tanoa.. 300 meters or 1km? 

Edited by DJB
Just now, DJB said:

Okay first of all I am talking about all cartels.  Secondly I killed your little friend and we were only about 200 meters out from the capture point and he was obviously coming to fight.  You are backing up someone that is just salty they got shit on at a cartel. LMAO  but hey that is up to you.

1a60c8366432e4f2cb2fe5bdc98e2179.png

000333d180fa0635ddafb10e37278bc9.png

DJB likes this
Just now, Obi-Juan said:

People keep saying hands up is not initiation cause you are not threatening there life 

6 hours ago, Gnashes said:

4 hours ago, DJB said:

Okay first of all I am talking about all cartels.  Secondly I killed your little friend and we were only about 200 meters out from the capture point and he was obviously coming to fight.  You are backing up someone that is just salty they got shit on at a cartel. LMAO  but hey that is up to you. @Kettles Just a fun cartel fight no need for y'all to get salty when we fight.  But again man that is up to you.

But hey maybe we can get some help on this one @Sugarfoot what do you think is the red zone for wongs on tanoa.. 300 meters or 1km? 

From where you are standing I would definitly say its more then 300m and its not 1km either. I would say  Anything that isn't on that main orange road , the city (Which looks like it isn't exactly 1km away) or on the dirt path (the second one like 500m to the south) is fair game. IF anyones walking around in that forrest there an idiot and deserve to be shot.

In that specific cartel there really isn't anything but two roads that would lead someone to beleive that the person wasn't actually trying to do the cartel. I think the kid you killed is probably just butt hurt he didn't get to sneak up.

Edited by Sugarfoot

I have a question about a "grey zone". 

Let me paint the picture, my friend sees someone leave coke processing with a box truck and I am in Athira so I go to the drug dealer to intercept the payload. The rules say he needs to be in interacting range to kill without RP. Does he need to be selling? Or can I kill him while hes getting more coke out of his truck/walking in between his truck and the dealer. Granted his truck is about 5 meters away from dealer. 

2 more scenarios:

1. When someone tells me "put your hands up or die", and i comply. The person then robs me but finds no money (or very little) on me and just executes me because of that. Is that considered RDM?  In other words, after putting my hands up I'm totally at the mercy of the robber, he can do whatever with me(?)

2. I see a guy ordering a cop to put his hands up. I take my gun out and shoot the guy to save the cop. Did i do something wrong? Or more genera: Am i allowed to shoot someone that is robbing another person, cop or not?

1 minute ago, Spuddywuddy said:

2 more scenarios:

1. When someone tells me "put your hands up or die", and i comply. The person then robs me but finds no money (or very little) on me and just executes me because of that. Is that considered RDM?  In other words, after putting my hands up I'm totally at the mercy of the robber, he can do whatever with me(?)

2. I see a guy ordering a cop to put his hands up. I take my gun out and shoot the guy to save the cop. Did i do something wrong? Or more genera: Am i allowed to shoot someone that is robbing another person, cop or not?

1. Yes that is RDM. They have to find a new RP reason to kill you. They cant just murder you for not having money on you.

2. Yes that is RDM. You need to have hostile initiation with that player. You cant just kill them because they are a threat to someone else. There needs to be RP

15 hours ago, tryhardsqueaker said:

I have a question about a "grey zone". 

Let me paint the picture, my friend sees someone leave coke processing with a box truck and I am in Athira so I go to the drug dealer to intercept the payload. The rules say he needs to be in interacting range to kill without RP. Does he need to be selling? Or can I kill him while hes getting more coke out of his truck/walking in between his truck and the dealer. Granted his truck is about 5 meters away from dealer. 

Well if hes running away from the dealer to get to the truck no,

if the truck is literally right up with the dealer and you seen him talk to the dealer then yes.

They Have to have appear like they have interacted with that dealer

Jonah likes this
Just now, Spuddywuddy said:

This is mighty confusing. In scenario 2, what if that someone else was a friend of mine? Was i then allowed to shoot the guy?

If you are in a group or gang with that other player yes. (or have the same tags in game to show that you are affiliated).

When someone initiates on someone in your group or gang within 1km you are also initiated

Dredge and Jonah like this
10 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

If you are in a group or gang with that other player yes. (or have the same tags in game to show that you are affiliated).

When someone initiates on someone in your group or gang within 1km you are also initiated

^^^This. If you are in their group/gang then fire away