Smart individuals join the APD

Just now, Relic said:

Sucking up to higher ups isn't what gets most people promoted

Has been like this since I started back in October of 2014, and is still like that today. Even when I took my long hiatius from Asylum, I heard stories from people still playing about it being the same. No one is saying that everyone who was, or is, in a Sgt / LT / Cpt position got it by sucking up, but a LARGE % of them did.

1 minute ago, Relic said:

Be a good cop, RP well, train cadets well and you'll get noticed.

Only way you get noticed is if your fellow officers put in a good word for you, like what use to happen on the Coffee & Donuts thread. As I said on another thread before, a large % of the higher ups hide in the support channels. Not many/enough come out to actually "notice" people. When a Sgt + comes to play on a server, the entire cop TS jump into that one channel with that higher up, and it's aids.

kryptonthegamer and M0T4RD like this
1 minute ago, Relic said:

And it's easy to figure out why.

The people who are in charged of voting for your permission see more of your forum posts then cop play time and that forms their impression of you.

To be honest, you could give me my worst enemy, have me bote on any position for them. Id Look at the criteria, make a fair judgement, and more than likely give them the position, as theyd Probably deserve it. When you learn to be unbiased life is a breeze.

1 minute ago, Kryptonn said:

Too bad they are supposed to be fair and unbiased. I have never gotte  To a vote as far as i know anyways, ive never put in effort to get 50-50. Its not a large concern for me.

You have gotten a vote, twice when I was there. Your playtime disqualified you. Not who you are as a person/cop.

You're well liked as far as I know, and you're respected for your combat skills.

Edited by Relic
Olivia and Jaylen Sarrett like this
Just now, Kryptonn said:

And just remember, this is not being salty for not getting promoted. I have been constablr ince October of 2014. Ive mastered the MX...the mk20 is amazing, i get a hatchback sport. There is nothing i desire from being corporal/higher. This is a true discussion mainly for others, and its focus is not on promotion...but that is a big part of the corruption.

Krypton wants corporal confirmed XD

Honestly man, you hold yourself back to be honest.  We all know you can fight and you can take charge when given the chance, but you just need to tone shit down a bit.  Like when I said no to lethals, you got all pissed off and started saying shit you shouldn't.  You ended up resing your partner and arresting people because I said no and backup arrived on scene.  

Jaylen Sarrett likes this
Just now, Creic said:

Has been like this since I started back in October of 2014, and is still like that today. Even when I took my long hiatius from Asylum, I heard stories from people still playing about it being the same. No one is saying that everyone who was, or is, in a Sgt / LT / Cpt position got it by sucking up, but a LARGE % of them did.

Only way you get noticed is if your fellow officers put in a good word for you, like what use to happen on the Coffee & Donuts thread. As I said on another thread before, a large % of the higher ups hide in the support channels. Not many/enough come out to actually "notice" people. When a Sgt + comes to play on a server, the entire cop TS jump into that one channel with that higher up, and it's aids.

And the sgt Makes bad decisions usually, thats why i steer clear until a few of the great higher ups get on. I like AABRAMS for a reason, he has been LT for over a year...he hasnt messed up bad enough to get demoted, hes been fair, and he isnt idiotic.

I've been playing cop on 1 and 2 and I can't say I have a problem with anyone.  The higher ups aren't bad at all.  I've seen 50% ticket increases from sergeants, only one time I actually disagreed with it but it wasn't that big of a deal.

As for sucking up, yeah it's kinda what you have to do to get corporal.  It's not as bad as it was a couple months ago but you still gotta do it.  I'm someone who won't suck up to people either and i'm completely content remaining constable.  

4 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

What? You know the truth, that you wont Be promoted playing/speaking on the forums the way i do. Even if i follow every rule, disagree fairly, etc. Wont happen. Youve Seen how many people comment about me using lethals, regardless of the fact i get authorized every single time(why i have never gotten points for misusing lethals). Im not a rule breaker, just only post vids of when i use lethals.

Unfortunately I'm the same way but higher ups assume we're just playing cop to cause havoc because of the way others portray us. Granted both of us do things to portray ourselves in a negative manner, but if people actually took the time to observe instead of assume they would see that atleast for me that isn't my intent. So we get put on the shit list basically.

Just now, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I've been playing cop on 1 and 2 and I can't say I have a problem with anyone.  The higher ups aren't bad at all.  I've seen 50% ticket increases from sergeants, only one time I actually disagreed with it but it wasn't that big of a deal.

As for sucking up, yeah it's kinda what you have to do to get corporal.  It's not as bad as it was a couple months ago but you still gotta do it.  I'm someone who won't suck up to people either and i'm completely content remaining constable.  

Yesterday Before you came on for the PBs and such, we literally fought to get lethals from a few sgts, despite the fact we had been outgunned 2:1 for 3+ fights, got NOBODY INTO CUSTODY (thats the most apparent retarded part), and had an awful time.

Just now, M0T4RD said:

Unfortunately I'm the same way but higher ups assume we're just playing cop to cause havoc because of the way others portray us. Granted both of us do things to portray ourselves in a negative manner, but if people actually took the time to observe instead of assume they would see that atleast for me that isn't my intent. So we get put on the shit list basically.

Thats another point. Big gang members that come on cop are considered as messing arlund  Do you realize i get fsirly pissed off when i lose? And i lose a heck of a lot playing the APD.. So i must care enough to stay and try to help.

As with job promotions, and politics, this isn't any different. What is a promotion? What is being accepted into any group? It's a GROUP of PEOPLE, that DECIDE WHO gets it. So, by that logic, obviously because of human nature there is going to be favoritism and who they are COMFORTABLE with. Generally, yes, it's a lot of ass-kissing and A LOT of favoritism. Certain people may still deserve those promotions, sure. HOWEVER, the PEOPLE WHO DECIDE seem to neglect that just because you LIKE them, doesn't mean they are SUITABLE to handle more responsibility.

Basically, just because someone does the POPULAR thing, doesn't mean it's the RIGHT thing.

Just now, Kryptonn said:

Thats another point. Big gang members that come on cop are considered as messing arlund  Do you realize i get fsirly pissed off when i lose? And i lose a heck of a lot playing the APD.. So i must care enough to stay and try to help.

What pisses me off the most is when I lose because a higher up was too afraid to authorize lethals. I don't even carry lethals anymore because of that and another incident when I was falsely accused of purposely abusing and I stopped asking permission and trying to use them a looooooooooong ass time ago for lethals because it's always "auto-deny" unless the sgt is on scene.

kryptonthegamer likes this
1 minute ago, M0T4RD said:

What pisses me off the most is when I lose because a higher up was too afraid to authorize lethals. I don't even carry lethals anymore because of that and another incident when I was falsely accused of purposely abusing and I stopped asking permission and trying to use them a looooooooooong ass time ago for lethals because it's always "auto-deny" unless the sgt is on scene.

They claim theyre Afraid of getting in trouble if you lie to them. Haha. Looks like a new system is needed then, no?

Edited by Kryptonn
Sheriff Rick Grimes likes this
Just now, M0T4RD said:

No one is afraid to authorize lethals.  We look at what is going on and make a decision based on that. Just because your observation of what is going on does not mesh with theirs does not make either one of you wrong.  The fact is 90% of situations can be handled without killing rebels.  

Olivia and Deazy Johnson like this
1 minute ago, HotWings said:

The fact is 90% of situations can be handled without killing rebels.  

That is 100% true and I agree with that but when that 10% comes they never get authorized until it's too late or a Lt or a Sgt dies and loses that rifle they paid for or if it's a bank, fed, or prison break

Edited by M0T4RD
12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Krypton wants corporal confirmed XD

Honestly man, you hold yourself back to be honest.  We all know you can fight and you can take charge when given the chance, but you just need to tone shit down a bit.  Like when I said no to lethals, you got all pissed off and started saying shit you shouldn't.  You ended up resing your partner and arresting people because I said no and backup arrived on scene.  

That was primarily a joke, it was a 4apdv1rebel, having a peak-fest with 1 target. Usually i dont Get mad at all, and when i get mad its because i know the right answer, and the higherups are being silly.

39 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Their cockiness, arrogance. Mesning, they think they have the power of an entire captain. Many of them threaten people, are belittling, and think people are scared of them and their ability to issue 'points'.

You severely overestimate our power, and we do not issue points. that's LT's....

also instead of shitposting. i would make IA reports about the SGTS your having issues with. THATS how we will get rid of them.

Edited by Reavantos
7 minutes ago, Kryptonn said:

Yesterday Before you came on for the PBs and such, we literally fought to get lethals from a few sgts, despite the fact we had been outgunned 2:1 for 3+ fights, got NOBODY INTO CUSTODY (thats the most apparent retarded part), and had an awful time.

I didn't get on just for a prison break, I stayed on for about two hours after the PB and patrolled in Pyrgos and Kavala.  I don't know if that's what you were trying to get at but that would be incorrect.  And yeah, I understand what you are saying about lethals I agree completely on that.  Four days ago there was a PB where we were lethaling and had the gang doing it on the ropes, we then were ordered to switch back to downing rounds and all of them got revived and started getting back up and we started back from square one and lost.  Shit happens, but I can't be too angry because most PB and banks have been stopped that i've at least been apart of.  Which has also made me question why higher ups hate the bank so much lmao

1 minute ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

I didn't get on just for a prison break, I stayed on for about two hours after the PB and patrolled in Pyrgos and Kavala.  I don't know if that's what you were trying to get at but that would be incorrect.  And yeah, I understand what you are saying about lethals I agree completely on that.  Four days ago there was a PB where we were lethaling and had the gang doing it on the ropes, we then were ordered to switch back to downing rounds and all of them got revived and started getting back up and we started back from square one and lost.  Shit happens, but I can't be too angry because most PB and banks have been stopped that i've at least been apart of.  Which has also made me question why higher ups hate the bank so much lmao

You wanna know why they hate prison breaks and banks?

Because asylum is a light rp community, with the rebels focusing on warfare, shooting, etc. and the higher ups/cops focusing on the rp side, so when the cops have to go fight someone, they usually end up with potato aim etc. so that the rebels win every time. This is because cops don't focus enough on warfare/shooting.

I'm gonna post a montage soon which should show how bad the situational awareness of most cops is. (of course I've been at this stage, but if you practice enough combat you can overcome it.)

Edited by CyanogenCX
Just now, Reavantos said:

You severely overestimate our power, and we do not issue points. that's LT's....

also instead of shitposting. i would make IA reports about the SGTS your having issues with. THATS how we will get rid of them.

I agree we should make IA posts but god forbid if they remain a Sgt and get promoted and look at what you posted about them. Besides, most of what we are discussing isn't against any APD policy I think we're just ranting in vain out of frustration that's all. Let us enjoy

Reavantos likes this

I've been a constable for 7 months and honestly can see where Krypton is coming from. I've watched cadets find their way to Sergeant in a matter of weeks. I've watched LT's break server rules and get banned. And I've watched some of the most known higher up's yell at an entire teamspeak full of officers because they weren't happy that their master plan of hot dropping a huron full of cops in an open field on 15 rebels failed. Don't get me wrong however, there are great Sgts, Lts, and Captains.

Honestly I think their are 2 kinds of higher ups

A. The one who has earned it because they have grinded out cop life, have made a good name for them selves, and have proven that they deserve to be a leading member of the APD community.

B. The one who applied at the right time, had roughly 50/50 civ-cop, knew the right higher ups, and really didn't think they were going to get promoted.

Some cops are dicks, and some are strict. It would be nice if the dicks knew the difference.

To me I see our captains as hard workers, they have allowed us to have many in-game weapons that couldn't have been possible had they not went to battle with Paratus about it. furthermore, Sgt. don't have power, I mean we do to a certain extent but that is because not everything can be given to an LT. Yes we can move you from channel to channel, yes we can authorize lethals/rubbers, yes we can give out tactical advantages and yes we can tell you what HQ to go to or soft log to. But that is because we are suppose to know as Sgt. 90% of the time between right and wrong and lead people who are ranked under us in the right direction regardless of how stupid it may sound or how out of the question it may be. But by all means we are not over powered.

5 minutes ago, Reavantos said:

I didnt Post specific names for a reason, there is nothing to report, theyre allowed to do what they do, thats the problem. Very rarely Are people held accountable.

6 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Im Saying before you got on, we were fighting the higherups More than the rebels. Afterwards the higherups that stayed on were of far better quality. 

I would like to make a suggestion:
Not EVERYONE but SOME higher ups should be replaced with Sgts and Lts who are promoted because of their ability to lead and their combat sense instead of always how well they suck dick and who they know or because they grinded out cop life or whatever. Get rid of this animosity towards gang cops because alot of them are the ones that help make the APD better because of their own experiences. When you push them away they don't want to make the APD better. There are alot of bad apples I know, but get rid of those bad apples before they get moldy and you'll be alright. I mean leaders should be rewarded with leadership roles if that's what they seek. If they fuck it up, so be it get rid of them problem solved. But hold EVERYONE accountable for their actions no matter who they are. I believe these things will solve alot of problems with the APD but who am I to say?

Edited by M0T4RD

personally i think the problem is higher up the food chain. Son't get me wrong. there are plenty of LT's who MORE than deserved the position. But lately some have been promoted and i simply go (what the fuck) and cannot find a viable reason as to why. Friends + Manipulation of the system seems to be more of the issue at hand.

Edited by Reavantos
M0T4RD likes this
Just now, Reavantos said:

personally i think the problem is higher up the food chain. Son't get me wrong. there are plenty of LT's who MORE than deserved the position. But lately some have been promoted and i simply go (what the fuck) and cannot find a viable reason as to why. 

Many sgts Were promoted back in 2015 that was a real bad idea. They picked the worst people and gave them power to fill a certain number of spots they thought would be a good idea.

Reavantos likes this
7 minutes ago, M0T4RD said:

I would like to make a suggestion:
Not EVERYONE but SOME higher ups should be replaced with Sgts and Lts who are promoted because of their ability to lead and their combat sense instead of always how well they suck dick and who they know or because they grinded out cop life or whatever. Get rid of this animosity towards gang cops because alot of them are the ones that help make the APD better because of their own experiences. When you push them away they don't want to make the APD better. There are alot of bad apples I know, but get rid of those bad apples before they get moldy and you'll be alright. I mean leaders should be rewarded with leadership roles if that's what they seek. If they fuck it up, so be it get rid of them problem solved. But hold EVERYONE accountable for their actions no matter who they are. I believe these things will solve alot of problems with the APD but who am I to say?

FIXED^

Reavantos likes this

Perfect example of this right now is the idiotic suggestion a captain just made.  You can see the dick sucking for yourself.  No matter how stupid a suggestion is, there's a always a few yes men following right behind.  No matter how dumb the fucking idea is.  Shit starts at the top. 

1 hour ago, Relic said:

You have gotten a vote, twice when I was there. Your playtime disqualified you. Not who you are as a person/cop.

You're well liked as far as I know, and you're respected for your combat skills.

Everyone i talk to says the majority of the votes were negative. I do know my playtime always disqualified me however, maybe ill give it a go with 50-50

Edited by Kryptonn