Change log 7.3.1

bamf

23 minutes ago, 2legit said:

That's really the solitary thing you got out of the post?  You may be technically correct but it's absolutely grasping at straws here.  If you have exactly 100hp it leaves you with like 3hp or something similar if I remember correctly.  I've survived a chest shot a few times but just barely. Also have had plenty of times where I didnt. Hit a road dildo on the way to the bank and it's a 1 shot.

@Dust Runner 0c54fb7326e78809da9cd7ebfd7146a0.gif

spar 17. worst case scenario. naked and at 5 meters

What i think you gentlemen feel is a leg shot. Those are one hits up to a certain range, with regular cops clothes. But an mx is a one shot down to the leg of a rebel as well soooo.. :frog:

Edited by TheRealLethal
10 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:
Spoiler

also im sure that bluefor has more HP than civilians

but anyway @2legit i dont think giving cops carier lites is a bad idea honestlly if they give back NORMAL csat fatigues. Because not only we have to be snowmen while fighting in an army simulator but we are also missing out on the sexy looking green hex csat.

5 minutes ago, bamf said:

Hasn't that rumor been refuted time and again?  It used to be the TAC vest helped with fall damage...

ive heard that so many times that i was sertain its not a rumor. so the cop vest helps with fall dmg and thats it? no diference between bluefor/opfor and civilians?

Edited by Nightfury

1 hour ago, TheRealLethal said:

What i think you gentlemen feel is a leg shot. Those are one hits up to a certain range, with regular cops clothes. But an mx is a one shot down to the leg of a rebel as well soooo.. :frog:

That may be it man but arma is finicky with combat and a lot of times it def seems like a chest shot.  But we never get to see the rebels legs (bank-elevated, PB-rebels in deer stands, FR - no one does them other than smash and grabs).  I'm not saying the carrier is the be all end all.  Just saying it would be nice to have something that doesn't feel paper thin for armor on the cop side. I think as long as we pay full price for something a little better it's a decent compromise.  We're already outgunned and honestly that's fine.  We have the respawn and cheaper gear as a whole, and I get that in general things are rebel sided.  It's another way to have some fun and make money and if we won a majority of the time there wouldn't be much higher tier criminal activity.  

Edited by 2legit

So I'll preface this with anyone with basic knowledge about Arma's combat and its damage system, knows that there are four main parts of the body that can be damaged.

A limb when damaged becomes bloody (AKA, goes critical) when damaged to a certain point, factoring in armor ratings, passthrough values, velocities etc.

Limbs are as follows: 

• Arms are one classification of limbs, and are one in the same, your left arm gets shot, both arms go critical
  • Legs are another classification of limbs, and are one in the same, one leg gets shot, both go critical
  • The torso is of course, the chest of the character model. It goes critical separately and is one of the four limbs as well. The torso accounts for the dick for lack of a better term— and the upper chest/neck.
  • The last limb, you guessed it, is the head. Goes critical separately as well of course.

So with this knowledge the chest acts as all parts of those body described in the torso section, therefore 7.62x51 mm rounds can one shot police vests, because back in the Nexus update, hitboxes were refined on player models to allow bullets to slip in between those spaces in the police vest (the upper middle chest) as well as many other vests. this is where we saw dick shots and leg shots to start one-tapping people as well.

As the upper chest and lower neck is still the chest, you can now quite clearly see how one shot from a 7.62 can hit this exposed portion of the character instantly killing them. (The police vest also has this same weakness in the lower back in different stances)

@TheRealLethal

And as I said before lmao.

Of course I can already assume you're going to call bullshit as I shot the "neck" or the "upper part" but quite frankly as the evidence sees from the 7.62 piercing the vest in the first shot and making the torso critical and leaving the head completely fine there is no argument based on how Arma is coded that 7.62mm rounds do NOT kill in one shot to the chest.

;)

3 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

So I'll preface this with anyone with basic knowledge about Arma's combat and its damage system, knows that there are four main parts of the body that can be damaged.

A limb when damaged becomes bloody (AKA, goes critical) when damaged to a certain point, factoring in armor ratings, passthrough values, velocities etc.

Limbs are as follows: 

• Arms are one classification of limbs, and are one in the same, your left arm gets shot, both arms go critical
  • Legs are another classification of limbs, and are one in the same, one leg gets shot, both go critical
  • The torso is of course, the chest of the character model. It goes critical separately and is one of the four limbs as well. The torso accounts for the dick for lack of a better term— and the upper chest/neck.
  • The last limb, you guessed it, is the head. Goes critical separately as well of course.

So with this knowledge the chest acts as all parts of those body described in the torso section, therefore 7.62x51 mm rounds can one shot police vests, because back in the Nexus update, hitboxes were refined on player models to allow bullets to slip in between those spaces in the police vest (the upper middle chest) as well as many other vests. this is where we saw dick shots and leg shots to start one-tapping people as well.

As the upper chest and lower neck is still the chest, you can now quite clearly see how one shot from a 7.62 can hit this exposed portion of the character instantly killing them. (The police vest also has this same weakness in the lower back in different stances)

@TheRealLethal

And as I said before lmao.

Of course I can already assume you're going to call bullshit as I shot the "neck" or the "upper part" but quite frankly as the evidence sees from the 7.62 piercing the vest in the first shot and making the torso critical and leaving the head completely fine there is no argument based on how Arma is coded that 7.62mm rounds do NOT kill in one shot to the chest.

;)

LMAO this is the biggest meme i have ever seen in my entire life

Haych likes this
5 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

It's ok. The first stage of grief at being wrong is denial.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

you shot him under the neck. same result will be if you shoot him exactlly at the same spot from behind. shoot him where there is tow layers of vest and he wont die ;)

edit: also use adaptive crosshair so it is more clear where you shoot him.

Edited by Nightfury
Just now, Nightfury said:

you shot him under the neck. same result will be if you shoot him exactlly at the same spot from behind. shoot him where there is tow layers of vest and he wont die ;)

No shit? Of course if you go shooting the stomach it will protect you adequately despite the 7.62 still pierces the body and leaves the torso critical. The debate was 7.62 could or could not one shot in the chest.

It can. 

1 minute ago, TheRealLethal said:

i refuse to dignify you with an intelligent reply.nice b8

Ay man, I understand how your entire brain is twisted up right now. It'll come around eventually. The upper chest is part of the body, body goes critical, therefore a body shot can 1 hit a cop.

It really is that simple. Surprised for someone that talks about how much they know Arma can't figure that out.

1 minute ago, Dust Runner said:

Ay man, I understand how your entire brain is twisted up right now. It'll come around eventually. The upper chest is part of the body, body goes critical, therefore a body shot can 1 hit a cop.

It really is that simple. Surprised for someone that talks about how much they know Arma can't figure that out.

I don't think anything above your collarbone is considered the chest. :shrug:

You are really grasping to try and prove a point. All I know is you didn't shoot him in the vest, but you are trying to claim you one shot to the chest.

2 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

tell me how many times can someone get within 2m of a cop with a MK to 1 hit him or her the chest/face? most of the fights these days are 700m+ out.

dust runner, anyone with more than 3 brain cells knows a neck shot kills. You are the only person with the firm belief that that counts as a chest shot. sure the neck may be considered part of the chest hitbox, but it is unprotected so you die regardless. 

2 minutes ago, [§] Alex said:

I don't think anything above your collarbone is considered the chest. :shrug:

You are really grasping to try and prove a point. All I know is you didn't shoot him in the vest, but you are trying to claim you one shot to the chest.

For all intents and purposes of Arma, yes that is the chest. The upper chest specifically, the place where the vest isn't. I'm clearly not arguing the police vest is a one hit kill, I'm arguing cops can definitely die in one shot to the upper chest/body. Not just the neck.

Edited by Dust Runner

For all intents and purposes of Arma, yes that is the chest. The upper chest specifically, the place where the vest isn't. I'm clearly not arguing the police vest is a one hit kill, I'm arguing cops can definitely die in one shot to the upper chest/body. Not just the neck.

Anyone can die to a neck shot, regardless of what faction, vest. your point (which is a very bad one) is null

Just now, Dust Runner said:

For all intents and purposes of Arma, yes that is the chest. The upper chest specifically, the place where the vest isn't. I'm clearly not arguing the police vest is a one hit kill, I'm arguing cops can definitely die in one shot to the upper chest/body.

You are just proving my point that you are just grasping at nothing but a technicality. But in reality you shot him in the neck and not the chest. You even tried to pull down at the end to make it look like you shot him in the chest or something. When does the chest/upper body end? Because if you are hitting above the collarbone, that is no longer the chest.

TheRealLethal likes this
5 minutes ago, [§] Alex said:

You are just proving my point that you are just grasping at nothing but a technicality. But in reality you shot him in the neck and not the chest. You even tried to pull down at the end to make it look like you shot him in the chest or something. When does the chest/upper body end? Because if you are hitting above the collarbone, that is no longer the chest.

There's no reason for me to lie? Your right it is a technicality. Just stating something that is true that people believed to not be true. See below:

59e34f731716a9cfa4ea4d94346b8288.png

2 minutes ago, TheRealLethal said:

@Dust Runner The point the OP made was that a 7.62 can one shot through a police tac vest. You did not shoot a tac vest, you shot an unprotected collarbone/neck. You cannot one shot anyone THROUGH a tac vest. The original point of OP

See above. Go read your own posts before assuming a point moot. The original post was as so.

2 minutes ago, Dust Runner said:

There's no reason for me to lie? Your right it is a technicality. Just stating something that is true that people believed to not be true. See below:

59e34f731716a9cfa4ea4d94346b8288.png

See above. Go read your own posts before assuming a point moot. The original post was as so.

aa5848c9363c6dc412ffb8e335342803.png

this was the OP, talking about tac vests. Me saying "in the chest" is assuming you are shooting the vest. /thread

10 hours ago, bamf said:

RPGs are literally designed to take out armored vehicles. The meta of someone driving around with little chance of getting shot out of an armored vehicle is changing a touch. I'm sure it will make cartel fights more interesting in the long run. 

Dude like 1 week ago i was fighting Velocity with Elysium, i got shot out the ifrit 5 fucking times in the space on 20-25 minutes, don't say there is little chance of being shot out. Please make it balanced and up the armour on the ifrit.