Unknown Balaclava shiz

Exactly we all have biased opinions but it's only helping the rebel side of things. For example I am a cop for the APD and when someone is hovering over the police HQ and all I see is unknown I don't know if they are an immediate threat. I know it turns red still but we still should be able to see the names. Just a lot of conflict with this new add on.

Just now, Dressbuck said:

Exactly we all have biased opinions but it's only helping the rebel side of things. For example I am a cop for the APD and when someone is hovering over the police HQ and all I see is unknown I don't know if they are an immediate threat. I know it turns red still but we still should be able to see the names. Just a lot of conflict with this new add on.

Helps Undercover cops as well :shrug:, if theyre hovering over hq you can still give warning shots.

Edited by George

Was excited at first for UC use but now it is just annoying. Not realizing how much the APD relies on names until now. This change kills the job on the APD a little bit. Your entire job revolves around people and when you don't know who anyone is it sucks.

APD went from, "oh try to get his name so we can run it in the system, oh he is wanted for a manslaughter lets siren him to see if he'll pull over"

too,

"unknown guy,  whatever, moving on, oh! another unknown, oh look Bob Fred wanted for 3 counts of speeding." (All rebels wear masks already and now gain a huge perk from it)

Asylum has changed since this was last active and I don't know if this is still viable for asylum. Masks are a very heavy RP item and I feel they taint the Light RP I come here for. Rebel will love this change because its like an invisibility cloak from cops and BHs but as for the rest of us it makes our jobs quite a bit harder than it should be. One of the biggest issues might be that masks are cheap and legal. Perhaps changing one or both of those would bring balance to them.

TL;DR: Masks are not light RP and need a re-balance for cops and BHs or need to be removed.

Edited by Phantom Viper
Crossfade and Sandwich like this
9 hours ago, Phantom Viper said:

Was excited at first for UC use but now it is just annoying. Not realizing how much the APD relies on names until now. This change kills the job on the APD a little bit. Your entire job revolves around people and when you don't know who anyone is it sucks.

APD went from, "oh try to get his name so we can run it in the system, oh he is wanted for a manslaughter lets siren him to see if he'll pull over"

too,

"unknown guy,  whatever, moving on, oh! another unknown, oh look Bob Fred wanted for 3 counts of speeding." (All rebels wear masks already and now gain a huge perk from it)

Asylum has changed since this was last active and I don't know if this is still viable for asylum. Masks are a very heavy RP item and I feel they taint the Light RP I come here for. Rebel will love this change because its like an invisibility cloak from cops and BHs but as for the rest of us it makes our jobs quite a bit harder than it should be. One of the biggest issues might be that masks are cheap and legal. Perhaps changing one or both of those would bring balance to them.

TL;DR: Masks are not light RP and need a re-balance for cops and BHs or need to be removed.

How about you get close enough to actually see his name and give some sort of effort to catch someone instead of hitting one key seeing if he's wanted the siren across the street and open fire.

Edited by Tusken Raider
Haych likes this
10 hours ago, Haych said:

That's the whole point. Don't complain because you can't meta a name from a distance using a click of a button 

^

Only change I would suggest is making it 15 meters instead of 5.  Past that masks are working exactly as intended.  They were only removed because the code broke, its not a new feature.

Edited by HotWings
Bear 2.0 likes this
27 minutes ago, Dressbuck said:

Rebels in helicopters could be a big problem as well since they will always be far away and we will not be able to know who it is. Plus I like the idea of making it against the law or illegal to wear them I think it could increase RP. And not as many people would wear them.

I've seen a few life servers that make it illegal to wear masks in cities. 

Frizzy, HotWings and Sandwich like this
7 hours ago, Dressbuck said:

Rebels in helicopters could be a big problem as well since they will always be far away and we will not be able to know who it is. Plus I like the idea of making it against the law or illegal to wear them I think it could increase RP. And not as many people would wear them.

That would ruin the point.  Oh he has a mask on?  Let's use our sirens and shoot at him.

My own $0.02:

I'd be okay with wearing them INSIDE CITY LIMITS while OUTSIDE OF A VEHICLE being illegal. But so far as I'm in my car; that's my business. Provided cops don't define cities the same way they do for unholstered firearms, "cities" being whatever abandoned house the cops are standing next to in the middle of nowhere.

I'd also be okay with the range being increased to 10-20 Meters. I do appreciate the removal of the whole "tilde them from a mile away" mentality.

8 hours ago, Tusken Raider said:

How about you get close enough to actually see his name and give some sort of effort to catch someone instead of hitting one key seeing if he's wanted the siren across the street and open fire.

Wasn't talking about on-foot patrol. I'm referring to vehicles mostly. Kinda hard to get close enough to any car to get a name now.  Not like I can just pull up beside an orca going 250 to check the 5 unknowns inside. And seriously, the example you provided about is very misplaced and sounds like it comes from the mouth of a salty rebel. I personally go to great strides to RP with people but to initiate that RP with a rebel you either have to hope they will hold still and talk to you or down them if they resist. An officer siring from across the street just doesn't sound like anything anyone would do because your asking to get shot. As rebel you have your option to RP or not and how you want to RP, but as the end of the day as cop you need to catch criminals and get them processed. This discrimination against the APD is unnecessary, we are just doing our jobs but masks are a big change that there is no balance for on the cop side. 5m is a very short range and it's not like we want to pull over every masked person on the highway just to see if their wanted(FYI there are a lot of people masked right now).

On a side note, masks have also killed some cop sting operations like seeing someone at a drug field and getting their name to set up a trap down the road which all I can say is that it sucks because those were quite enjoyable.

Sandwich likes this

Possibly while In a vehicle allow cops to read the name as a license plate which they can run through a list then get the name of the owner of the car if the car is stolen then show their number instead just to make it so a mask = an extra step for the cops. E.g I'm wearing a mask in a car then I show up as a number. If not I show up as normal.

NotHouse likes this
8 hours ago, Gnashes said:

My own $0.02:

I'd be okay with wearing them INSIDE CITY LIMITS while OUTSIDE OF A VEHICLE being illegal. But so far as I'm in my car; that's my business. Provided cops don't define cities the same way they do for unholstered firearms, "cities" being whatever abandoned house the cops are standing next to in the middle of nowhere.

I'd also be okay with the range being increased to 10-20 Meters. I do appreciate the removal of the whole "tilde them from a mile away" mentality.

Why not make it so you can't get tilde at all (not even unknown) past X amount of m if you're wearing a balaclava. Tired of getting Tilde through hill when I can't tilde the car 6m in front of me. :frog: 

Edited by Axe
3 hours ago, WilliamS said:

Possibly while In a vehicle allow cops to read the name as a license plate which they can run through a list then get the name of the owner of the car if the car is stolen then show their number instead just to make it so a mask = an extra step for the cops. E.g I'm wearing a mask in a car then I show up as a number. If not I show up as normal.

LPs are already generated in game weirdly enough, although I have no idea if they are all unique or not. just bind them to vehicle registration. Add a 10-20m distance limit on the scroll wheel function. test for cursorTaget all ground vehicles, seems simple since LP #s already exist, and you could just bind it to vehicle reg. You'd be bascially allowing officers to check vehicle reg at distance. Not much code needed ideally.

Actually not a bad idea. +1

Sandwich and WilliamS like this
10 hours ago, Axe said:

LPs are already generated in game weirdly enough, although I have no idea if they are all unique or not. just bind them to vehicle registration. Add a 10-20m distance limit on the scroll wheel function. test for cursorTaget all ground vehicles, seems simple since LP #s already exist, and you could just bind it to vehicle reg. You'd be bascially allowing officers to check vehicle reg at distance. Not much code needed ideally.

Actually not a bad idea. +1

ALUK/RPUK has a feature like this. They call it a ANPR scanner. Officers who have access to ANPR vehicles, can drive in the close vicinity of another vehicle and perform a Automated Number Plate Recognition. It tells the Officer who the owner of the car is, not the person driving it, if the owner is wanted, they then proceed to pull the car over.

Pretty cool feature tbh.