Is trying to 50 cal someones house with them in it initiation?

On 4/5/2023 at 9:58 PM, Hoodlum Priest said:

Even if you dont hit them, is attempting to shoot down their house when you KNOW they are in it initiation?

I was told there was a rule change that says it isnt. That doesnt make sense to me. If Im in the house and you shoot it down, Im gonna die. Do I have to wait until I die or can I defend my life?

Disclaimer not an Admin, but since they aren't answering it. 

Much like a vehicle you are allowed to defend your property. Knowing whether or not they are in the house is irrelevant as the defending party has no way of reading your mind. If you are trying to destroy their property they can defend it. 

This is one of the few "One way" initiations Asylum has. IE. the cops can spike strip your vehicle. You may immediately kill them for disabling your vehicle but the APD must initiate via siren/voice/text before downing you. (Or wait for you to shoot at them thus giving both sides initiation) 

Be aware it MAY be considered RDM if you are attempting to shoot someone's house down and kill a player in the process. This is often a very case by case basis as the defense of "Active firefight" may be applicable. IE you probably aren't going to get banned if you are putting rounds into someone's house and some random runs into the house as the last bullet is in the air - fully destroying the house and the rubble kills them. 

4 hours ago, Patato said:

This is one of the few "One way" initiations Asylum has. IE. the cops can spike strip your vehicle. You may immediately kill them for disabling your vehicle but the APD must initiate via siren/voice/text before downing you. (Or wait for you to shoot at them thus giving both sides initiation)

Thank you so much for clarifying this one. This has happened a few times and I always say if they do that to me I will just shoot them. If they don't need to initiate to spike me, I won't initiate when they get me with one.

Patato likes this
5 hours ago, Patato said:

Much like a vehicle you are allowed to defend your property. Knowing whether or not they are in the house is irrelevant as the defending party has no way of reading your mind. If you are trying to destroy their property they can defend it. 

Be aware it MAY be considered RDM if you are attempting to shoot someone's house down and kill a player in the process. This is often a very case by case basis as the defense of "Active firefight" may be applicable. IE you probably aren't going to get banned if you are putting rounds into someone's house and some random runs into the house as the last bullet is in the air - fully destroying the house and the rubble kills them. 

This^^^

11 hours ago, Patato said:

Thanks for the clarification. Ken (the admin) told me there was a recent update to the rules that said the opposite. I was in the house and he pulled a 50 cal to knock my house down and I shot him out of it.

He said that shooting a house with a 50 no longer constitutes initiation and that I technically RDMed him. 

Not trying to start a conflict, it just didnt sound right to me and wanted clarification.

Thanks again.

Edited by Hoodlum Priest
Kawaii likes this
11 minutes ago, Hoodlum Priest said:

Thanks for the clarification. Ken (the admin) told me there was a recent update to the rules that said the opposite. I was in the house and he pulled a 50 cal to knock my house down and I shot him out of it.

He said that shooting a house with a 50 no longer constitutes initiation and that I technically RDMed him. 

Not trying to start a conflict, it just didn't sound right to me and wanted clarification.

Thanks again.

Interesting, i don't see anything here. 

Ken is not an Admin he is a Mod. They are still learning, i would defer to my answer as its mayhem approved. If you have any issues you can always contact a senior admin. 

Akula and Hoodlum Priest like this