Gang Boat Change

.Nathan

I have noticed that some of the community members are not a fan of some of the details with the current gang boat and I have created a possible change and I want the community's feedback regarding it.

Some of these include the caps being in the open to much, FPS issues, and just the layout of the ship just to name a few.

I've decided to make a few changes to the gang boat to try and help out with these issues to create a more enjoyable fight.

• FPS Issue: So for many people the current boat creates major frame drop when fighting. This is mostly caused by the amount of objects placed in the area. (NOTE: The current Gang Boat has 121 objects on it, my new design has 33) To help fix this issue I have moved gang boat slightly closer to arms rebel to allow me to use less objects on the boat (Picture posted below).
  • Caps in the open / Layout: Currently the ship has a lot of minor issues like occasionally falling through the ship, the ability to wall peak almost the whole ship and see where everyone is, and the stairs that are in the open that are used to get on the ship. As much as I love the ship I just don't think it is viable to fight on. Instead of the 3 flags being located on the ship they will be moved to 3 separate caps that are located on the arms island in a relatively close proximity (Pictures below). This will allow for smoother and more enjoyable fights.
  • Gang Boat perks: Currently the gang boat does not have any additional perks that you get when you cap it compared to Gang Fort. I believe that a suggestion was made regarding gangs being allowed to cap turfs at the same time as owning gang boat. I think that they should remove the ability to cap turfs and just set it the same as the Gang Fort. I would also just delete the anti air as it isn't needed. An argument that I have heard for not doing this is the location. My counter argument to this would be that Gang Boat is good for cartels Gang Fort is good for almost everything else as it is pretty much central of the map, I think both have there pros and cons. 
  • Overview: The way the gang boat would work is when the script goes active starting the event, 3 caps that are posted below would be created and a flag would spawn on each of them. The point system and capturing system would be the same as the current boat just on these separate caps instead of being on the boat. Whoever gets the most points same as the current system would get the Gang Boat. This would include the same perks as the Gang Fort and would not include the anti air anymore. 
  • Pictures: 

Location of Boat: 

Spoiler

vv0nIds.jpg

New Gang Boat:

Spoiler

261478824_gangboat.thumb.jpg.aabb2d47d17085033a080980d5bbefae.jpg1237985244_gangboat(4).thumb.jpg.7c6bd2cada2ec9e951efcd493be9cddd.jpg1538884825_gangboat(3).thumb.jpg.25102e0ded3f61b16ffbc62ea95fb75b.jpg1250988425_gangboat(2).thumb.jpg.692d1c794a8099e6a302b7582a52f358.jpg

Locations of Caps:

Spoiler

image.jpeg.c39e8712a7c0ca96b56b50d76305b172.jpeg

Cap #1:

Spoiler

2129581066_Cap1.thumb.jpg.00454c3f7f7b1d30d7094fb7c999b737.jpg719331362_cap1(3).jpg.55ae0f7281a98cff5b2e495c9437e2f0.jpg524201119_Cap1(2).jpg.117508a5f65dcae3b3291033c3230b03.jpg

Cap #2:

Spoiler

1732175132_cap2.thumb.jpg.e07af6e55238c4b52c65e3f00f1bc12d.jpg2003653501_cap2(3).thumb.jpg.0b7d491ecf84745206882101f5bec3a9.jpg2015671374_cap2(2).jpg.1ceff0ef16508b0c6d39b33776857fc9.jpg

Cap #3:

Spoiler

1616533547_Cap3.jpg.821c0ed43e2145b19a88d02f8815c70e.jpg1356429658_cap3(3).thumb.jpg.7c951308d841e635d049362943a9cdde.jpg430448228_Cap3(2).jpg.0eaa502599d33018b718402ae84d6e89.jpg

This post is purely to get community feedback and does not guarantee this will be implemented into the server.

Any feedback will be very helpful, Thanks

Edited by .Nathan
2 minutes ago, Bherky said:

Location of gang boat should remain in its original place.

The new location would interfere with other gangs heading to rebel as it sits right on the rebel road.

The reason I moved it there is so that less objects are used. To use the original spot you have to have a huge amount of objects to make it functional and look good.

21 minutes ago, Walt said:

Gang Boat needs removing from inside warzone. No gang should be able to return to cap under <1 Minute.

I feel like 1 minute is a bit exaggerated but I do see what you mean. My only thing is I feel like that is one of the biggest reasons people fight for it. When fighting you risk losing multiple kits and vehicles to obtain it. It is still very easy to camp which happens very often by gangs that are fighting the caps. I feel like if you spend money fighting something like this then yea I think you should be able to get back to the caps just a little bit faster then another group.

Bherky likes this
27 minutes ago, .Nathan said:

I feel like 1 minute is a bit exaggerated but I do see what you mean. My only thing is I feel like that is one of the biggest reasons people fight for it. When fighting you risk losing multiple kits and vehicles to obtain it. It is still very easy to camp which happens very often by gangs that are fighting the caps. I feel like if you spend money fighting something like this then yea I think you should be able to get back to the caps just a little bit faster then another group.

It's not exaggerated at all. No one should have the ability to do that. It makes people that want to throw life after life after life away very hard to beat if you're playing the game normally and not spawn camping them.

Walt likes this
17 hours ago, Defragments said:

It's not exaggerated at all. No one should have the ability to do that. It makes people that want to throw life after life after life away very hard to beat if you're playing the game normally and not spawn camping them.

18 hours ago, Walt said:

Gang Boat needs removing from inside warzone. No gang should be able to return to cap under <1 Minute.

Where would you suggest it be moved to where its still worth fighting for?

12 hours ago, .Nathan said:

Where would you suggest it be moved to where its still worth fighting for?

I think part of the issue is every cartel being in the same location. They should be spread across the map again but one should be guaranteed down there and one guaranteed on the peninsula.

I don't see why we need a boat and a fort. Who decided having two things that are pretty much the same was a good idea? Maybe the fort should just move a bit instead.

8 hours ago, Defragments said:

I think part of the issue is every cartel being in the same location. They should be spread across the map again but one should be guaranteed down there and one guaranteed on the peninsula.

I don't see why we need a boat and a fort. Who decided having two things that are pretty much the same was a good idea? Maybe the fort should just move a bit instead.

First off to address "Who decided having two things that are pretty much the same was a good idea?", well the same could be said for gang turfs. (also the two gangboat/fort locations alternate every wed-sun, sun-wed.

Second, the idea of gangfort moving around to other locations isn't a bad idea, however I feel as if any other location the gangfort/boat would be moved to would either be too far from anything and be either too remote or be an instant respawn to federal events. 

The gangfort/boat locations are fine as of now, and I don't think that should be the main topic of discussion, rather we should be pushing for the implementation of a new way of capturing the gang boat. The gangboat has been a part of the server for quite some time now and I have not seen anything game breaking, as a comparison the gangboat is similar to having a temporary gang house on arms island which many gangs already have. If you want to control the cartels and have an advantage in doing so then you should focus your efforts toward controlling the gangboat.

.Nathan likes this
  • 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, ObiWoki said:

Discussed internally, we are in favor of moving the fight to the land but the current boat location is going to stick. Would like to see some capture point ideas pointed underneath that are near the boat.

Are you talking about just normal cartel caps or the caps for the gang boat?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Witz locked this topic