BH use for extra honor / Master crusader rework.

Have additional higher level honor rewards for people who have completed the honor tree already. possibly have the ability for excess honor to automatically convert to a bh token that can be used for special goodies at skip tracer.

IE.

• When bounties are processed at skip tracer enhanced interrogation.
    25k honor - bh payout increased by 10%, 50k honor - bh payout increased by 25%, 75k honor - bh payout increased by 35%, 100k honor - bh payout increased by 50%
  • Increased honor payout for group members when you unlock additional perks.

Master crusader has its 50% increase removed, this perk is now basically useless compared to apex predator. maybe readd the 50% increase but have it be a percentage based chance when sending a prisoner at enhanced interrogation.

GravL, Silver-Spy and Batcan like this
6 hours ago, GravL said:

+1 i have like 40-50k honor that i haven’t been able to use for years

Only 40-50k? 

7 hours ago, Boomerman said:

Master crusader has its 50% increase removed, this perk is now basically useless compared to apex predator. maybe readd the 50% increase but have it be a percentage based chance when sending a prisoner at enhanced interrogation.

I don’t think this was intentional if it is removed

15 hours ago, Chris Peacock said:

Only 40-50k? 

IMG_2495.png?ex=662fcf7d&is=661d5a7d&hm=

I made a bug report about master crusader being useless and this is what I got so

They should just add the increase back tbh

Edited by Lucien
Batcan likes this

Spent a short amount of time looking into master crusader. No one has touched this since Pre-V2..
I could be totally Mis-interpreting the intended use of this code so don't kill the messenger on this one and everything i say below may be incorrect as I haven't gone and done it in-game yet. 

Things to remember - BH have a hard cap of 250k, they cannot receive over this amount.

As it stands a bonus does exist and i don't see why it wouldn't be working, however a more comprehensive live server test is needed. 

• Player must have the honor talent "Master crusader"
  • The arrester and the arrestee must be within 15m of the green "Prisoner intake" marker @Skiptracers <==
    • This is the step seems to not happen often as players will instead strip the player at advanced interrogation of gear then arrest them which will not give the bonus.
  • Provides a 20% bonus, up to a maximum bonus of $25,000

The exact interactions that we would need to test on a live server to see if working as what I think it does.

1. When the arrester clicks "We see you have a friend with you. Would you like to share the reward from this bounty with your friends?"
    1. Does it give 20% bonus then split, meaning only the arrester needs the talent
    2. Does it give 20% bonus after the split, meaning all the friends need master crusader
    3. Does it bug out and do nothing
    4. Does it bug out and double apply 20%
  2. The "Fair share" line of honor perks
    1. 5%/10%/15%
    2. Does master crusader work with these. ((Is it even supposed to?))
    3. I would assume they get these amounts if the friend chooses not to split.
      1. Do they get these amounts if the friend chooses to split, and if it does are they getting 15% of original bounty amount or 15% of after split amount

I personally don't see anything to do with a 50% bonus being intended in V2. I assume some bug was fixed where bonus's were double applied or perhaps something was just ordered oddly in the logic.

To answer the original suggestion on spending excess honor, I think Fitz and i have both made it known publicly that we would like to introduce more BH honor perks down the line. However its important to remember that a lot of players maxed out honor before V2 was even a dream in Jesse's eye. 

I think its ok to have grinds that "End" (Cop prestige/Bounty hunter honor/Infamy). 
In my eyes those grinds are kind of equivalent between the factions. I personally wouldn't be ok making the bounty hunter grind "endless" in this way without doing so for APD/Infamy. Its just hard to balance effectively as each system has a unique way of earning their respective "Currency". Id rather continue to add more lifetime perks like we did for APD prestige ((MobileHQ's and w/e else was added recently))

Ebola likes this
4 hours ago, Patato said:

Spent a short amount of time looking into master crusader. No one has touched this since Pre-V2..
I could be totally Mis-interpreting the intended use of this code so don't kill the messenger on this one and everything i say below may be incorrect as I haven't gone and done it in-game yet. 

Things to remember - BH have a hard cap of 250k, they cannot receive over this amount.

As it stands a bonus does exist and i don't see why it wouldn't be working, however a more comprehensive live server test is needed. 

• The arrester and the arrestee must be within 15m of the green "Prisoner intake" marker @Skiptracers <==
    • This is the step seems to not happen often as players will instead strip the player at advanced interrogation of gear then arrest them which will not give the bonus.

The exact interactions that we would need to test on a live server to see if working as what I think it does.

1. When the arrester clicks "We see you have a friend with you. Would you like to share the reward from this bounty with your friends?"
    1. Does it give 20% bonus then split, meaning only the arrester needs the talent
    2. Does it give 20% bonus after the split, meaning all the friends need master crusader
    1. 5%/10%/15%
      1. Do they get these amounts if the friend chooses to split, and if it does are they getting 15% of original bounty amount or 15% of after split amount

I personally don't see anything to do with a 50% bonus being intended in V2. I assume some bug was fixed where bonus's were double applied or perhaps something was just ordered oddly in the logic.

To answer the original suggestion on spending excess honor, I think Fitz and i have both made it known publicly that we would like to introduce more BH honor perks down the line. However its important to remember that a lot of players maxed out honor before V2 was even a dream in Jesse's eye. 

I think its ok to have grinds that "End" (Cop prestige/Bounty hunter honor/Infamy). 
In my eyes those grinds are kind of equivalent between the factions. I personally wouldn't be ok making the bounty hunter grind "endless" in this way without doing so for APD/Infamy. Its just hard to balance effectively as each system has a unique way of earning their respective "Currency". Id rather continue to add more lifetime perks like we did for APD prestige ((MobileHQ's and w/e else was added recently))

All i remember is you would get 50% of the bounty added on and you would get no extra honor. Idk if that’s intentional or not but I would turn in 100k and get 100k plus a 50k bonus with no additional honor. 

Lucien likes this
7 hours ago, Patato said:

1. 5%/10%/15%

When I turn in a bounty at Prisoner Intake, I keep an eye on the amount and no bonus is applied. I am at what should be the correct NPC - the one in the dome for Pygros. (Obviously people stripping gear don’t get the bonus as that is a different talent tree.) I believe it should only be applying to the sender amount, while the groupmates benefit from the 5/10/15% minor honor perks. The groupmate perks work, but they do not give extra honor like they used to.

I have only kept a close eye on arrests at Pygros skiptracer, but I believe all locations are effected.

If it is only 20%, then it is still undervalued and should be bumped back to 50% in my opinion. Maybe add a sub perk to master crusader like how lethals are for predator where it could be default 25% and then the second perk bumps it to 50%. The player perspective before was that there was an original arrest for the default amount, and then there was a second “fake” arrest which credited the additional amount at 50%. Only going off of memory here, but from what I recall the arrest only showed the default then the bonus, so from the player perspective it was not a bonus applying twice or anything.

Batcan likes this
Posted (edited)
On 4/14/2024 at 7:36 PM, Chris Peacock said:

Only 40-50k? 

Its been gone for a while, think they removed it due to the whole bounty boosting money thing that was happening.

On 4/15/2024 at 12:09 PM, Chris Peacock said:

I’ve definitely bhunted since V2 and it gives me the 50% bonus

13 hours ago, Patato said:

1. 5%/10%/15%

this was 2020. 50% was what it always was I swear, even the talent menu used to say that, I swear.

f0a26ca4dbe0a336e3c882ca2006efdc.jpg

b639aa2c0676f82cad439f86a27ae199.png
https://gyazo.com/b639aa2c0676f82cad439f86a27ae199

Edited by Boomerman
3 hours ago, Lucien said:

Yo @Azeh can you come fix the server cheers

Azeh went to get milk, he will be back soon. 

5 hours ago, Boomerman said:

Its been gone for a while, think they removed it due to the whole bounty boosting money thing that was happening.

this was 2020. 50% was what it always was I swear, even the talent menu used to say that, I swear.

f0a26ca4dbe0a336e3c882ca2006efdc.jpg

b639aa2c0676f82cad439f86a27ae199.png
https://gyazo.com/b639aa2c0676f82cad439f86a27ae199

Interesting, By the first screenshot I'm assuming some sort of bug existed as only a single arrest takes place. You are then awarded honor a single time. Then given two BH arrest stats and then awarded half the original amount afterwards. I assume a "fix" was done at some point which lead us to where we are now.

I have done a few in-game tests and have found some bugs/room for enhancements.

• It is correctly awarding a 20% bonus (Up to $25,000) when you have master crusader and arrest at the prisoner intake.
    • It is incorrectly displaying the amount of money it gives you in chat. -I will work on fixing this.
      • Really should have an NPC or something at the prisoner intake. An empty room is weird
    • Going to clean up some code
    • I think the map should have more prisoner intakes, I will discuss this with other Devs/powers that be. 
  • Right this second Patato Guarantee next patch
    • Master Crusader 30% bonus -> Subject to possible increase after discussion with other devs
    • Max bonus increased to 50k -> Subject to possible increase after discussion with other devs
    • No code exists to stop bounty's over 175k giving a bonus. However an arrest cap reward of 250k is still in effect. 
    • Update the in-game honor menu to actually mention the bonus and how to get it
46 minutes ago, Patato said:

Interesting, By the first screenshot I'm assuming some sort of bug existed as only a single arrest takes place. You are then awarded honor a single time. Then given two BH arrest stats and then awarded half the original amount afterwards. I assume a "fix" was done at some point which lead us to where we are now.

• It is correctly awarding a 20% bonus (Up to $25,000) when you have master crusader and arrest at the prisoner intake.
    • It is incorrectly displaying the amount of money it gives you in chat. -I will work on fixing this.
      • Really should have an NPC or something at the prisoner intake. An empty room is weird
    • I think the map should have more prisoner intakes, I will discuss this with other Devs/powers that be. 
    • Master Crusader 30% bonus -> Subject to possible increase after discussion with other devs
    • Max bonus increased to 50k -> Subject to possible increase after discussion with other devs
    • No code exists to stop bounty's over 175k giving a bonus. However an arrest cap reward of 250k is still in effect. 

Thank you for the thorough investigation, I am guessing the change might have taken place when the notifications changed with payouts, as you stated its just one notification now even with the other honor talents for extra payouts.

When we are touching master crusader, I feel I should mention that getting 1/50 honor instead of 1/100 honor from friend’s arrests would be a worthy additional feature. Used to be a thing with the old extra cuts perks and while it looks like it was patched as unintentional, it would fit as an extra bonus for crusader to bring it closer to how good predator is.

1 hour ago, Patato said:

sounds good! i just assumed because thats always how it was. 50% of the main arrest. I dont think it ever had a cap either.  50k seems like a reasonable cap for max bonus amount. 

On 4/15/2024 at 6:51 PM, Lucien said:

I made a bug report about master crusader being useless and this is what I got so

They should just add the increase back tbh

On 4/16/2024 at 9:19 PM, Batcan said:

Clearly some muppet changed it or fucked up the code when editing bher. IMO should be a 50% for master otherwise the talent is useless. 

It was changed about a year ago.

Lucien and Batcan like this