Knowledge is Power.

I hope you are all ready for the raw truth. 

Amount x Minutes roleplaying does not equal ticket reduction.

Cops are the "Good", Rebels are the "Bad" but both sides have alot of "Ugly"

Money is earned easily, but spent easier. Want to become rich on asylum? Stop dying every 10mins with a loadout. 

Admins are actually people too. 

The APD is considered the nice faction. However how kind they are is upto them as much as they are on civilian. (Stop expecting cops to be Santa)

Eptic is actually a hermaphrodite.

Got more Asylum facts? Share them here.

HenryHoover, Olivia, DreamC and 6 others like this
2 hours ago, Demonic said:

In other words, you don't give a shit if someone roleplays for 30 minutes, you'll still give them a full ticket. Understood.

Role play that consists of repeating "no officer I was sleep walking and somehow robbed the bank 30 times and shot 200 people" for 30 minutes? Yeah, they might get a full ticket. Though I might be tempted to pardon them just out of respect for 30 banks without getting caught. 

If someone goes for good role play, you know, being worried about what would happen to his kids if he's in prison, giving reasonable stories, not screaming "fuck the police" at every opportunity, etc, that's a different situation entirely. 

And just for reference, saying, "I had a Vietnam flashback in 2035 even though I'd be 80 years old, and somehow went on a rampage across Altis that killed half the population" is something you'll hear literally every day while on cop. Now, this doesn't mean it can't ever be good role play, this paragraph is just a plea for everyone to be more creative :(

IndianapolisJones likes this
3 hours ago, Demonic said:

In other words, you don't give a shit if someone roleplays for 30 minutes, you'll still give them a full ticket. Understood.

No, but i could.

I personaly care about originality and the fun it brings. Also i quit Asylum a month ago and have been blacklisted for 6 months already. I won't be writing any tickets. 

Just now, epTic said:

And why's that? 

When talking to a cop, both parties know/think that you are only talking to reduce a ticket. I would rather do something that I get no gain out of, (Ex: Spawn in a city and a few civs standing around talking, I go and talk to them and RP with them.) It's fun and not the same shitty RP that goes between cops and restrained rebels. 

3 minutes ago, Parker said:

When talking to a cop, both parties know/think that you are only talking to reduce a ticket. I would rather do something that I get no gain out of, (Ex: Spawn in a city and a few civs standing around talking, I go and talk to them and RP with them.) It's fun and not the same shitty RP that goes between cops and restrained rebels. 

Then you're talking to the wrong cops. 

Keep a list of cops who enjoy to RP and message them personally, I prefer to give out pardons as opposed to sending people to jail, but I find it hard to justify doing so when it's always the self defense or the they made me do it story. 

You can ask @Leslie, I gave him 15k and a dozen donuts in return for a HEMMT that he was about to chop...the other cops on the server kept going back and getting raped and then got offended when I wanted to RP it out with them instead of throwing bodies at them. 

Edited by epTic
Big Bird likes this
1 hour ago, epTic said:

Then you're talking to the wrong cops. 

Keep a list of cops who enjoy to RP and message them personally, I prefer to give out pardons as opposed to sending people to jail, but I find it hard to justify doing so when it's always the self defense or the they made me do it story. 

You can ask @Leslie, I gave him 15k and a dozen donuts in return for a HEMMT that he was about to chop...the other cops on the server kept going back and getting raped and then got offended when I wanted to RP it out with them instead of throwing bodies at them. 

one of the reasons why I want cop tired of just shooting people want to rp and shit

2 minutes ago, Leslie said:

you cant rp with normal civ's they try to kill you.  Some cops rp but not all. most of them say you can explain it and then after say they will lower it by ten k..

Must be your gang tat's.
I get RP'd all the time.

I can't even leave my house in Kavala before somebody starts RP'ing with me.

I dont have alot of room to talk here, I play maybe 1 hour a cop a month if im lucky , but the hour I spend on cop, if you actually try in any shape or form to give me a story you will receive some form of reduction - and if you go any kind of direction towards a good RP story or atleast seem like you are ROLE PLAYING not just bull shitting me with random words to get less- you get a pardon. I pardon 90% of the people I interact with on cop and i still manage to walk away making nearly the same amount if i was running drugs on civ. Seems like a good ratio.

Olivia likes this
34 minutes ago, Ranger said:

Ah cop.  Where I can sit there Roleplaying what I would consider a very solid story for 20 minutes in a full Syrian accent and get offered a 30k ticket for my 60k bounty when I handed myself in.

Like I said man, you just gotta keep a list of the good cops who enjoy to RP. 

If you ever see me online and want to RP, just shoot me a message and if your RP is as good as you say you'll be walking away with a pardon every time. ;)

as long as you keep hot dropping us in feds :kappa:

Edited by epTic
Olivia and rngr like this

I had a 10k bounty, not sure if that's a lot for cops, but this specific cop I am talking about literally came up to me in Kavala, told me to put my hands up so I did, and without asking me what I done, or telling me what I done wrong, I was sent to jail? Are they allowed to do that?

While I have something negative about cops, may as well say something positive to keep everything balanced, I had like 20k ticket for murdering a lot of people and stealing trucks etc. I then go to the station and just come up with some random RP story that I thought of on the spot and walked away with a pardon xD I think the cop was called BioHazard, so thanks for roleplaying with me bud.

1 hour ago, Eazy said:

I had a 10k bounty, not sure if that's a lot for cops, but this specific cop I am talking about literally came up to me in Kavala, told me to put my hands up so I did, and without asking me what I done, or telling me what I done wrong, I was sent to jail? Are they allowed to do that?

While I have something negative about cops, may as well say something positive to keep everything balanced, I had like 20k ticket for murdering a lot of people and stealing trucks etc. I then go to the station and just come up with some random RP story that I thought of on the spot and walked away with a pardon xD I think the cop was called BioHazard, so thanks for roleplaying with me bud.

It's all dependent on the cop you get, most cops have leeway however you will come across the odd robocop which ruins the rep of the whole force.

What the cop done there, he is not allowed to do that. He has to read you your charges, ticket you and then send you to jail, if it was a cadet, i understand, but you should really report him to Internal Affairs

Edited by Haych
2 hours ago, Haych said:

It's all dependent on the cop you get, most cops have leeway however you will come across the odd robocop which ruins the rep of the whole force.

What the cop done there, he is not allowed to do that. He has to read you your charges, ticket you and then send you to jail, if it was a cadet, i understand, but you should really report him to Internal Affairs

Ok cheers Haych, I will check if I have it in my recordings

Just gonna say this.  If I roleplay for fourty five minutes and all you give me is a half assed "Sir, I will reduce your ticket by half" I am going to never roleplay with you again and in fact every time I see you, i'm going to just kill you right off the bat from then on.  At least be a decent robocop and interrupt me while i'm telling you my story so I don't waste my own damn time.  Now yes, i'd say most cops won't be an asshole and do that to people but the higher your bounty makes the cops more greedy.  

With that being said, in my experience it's usually the cops that are belonging to a gang that will robo cop you because they are only there for the money.  And with the new war system ( At least how I read it ) gang cops will have an incentive to throw you in jail because you will lose war points from it, i'd be happy to be wrong but if i'm not it is a very flawed idea.  

Edited by Sheriff Rick Grimes
Olivia likes this

I always just give full tickets no matter. I like to let people give me a long story first though so I can be like. LIES! Full ticket sir!

-LOL jk :D

21 minutes ago, Sheriff Rick Grimes said:

Just gonna say this.  If I roleplay for fourty five minutes and all you give me is a half assed "Sir, I will reduce your ticket by half" I am going to never roleplay with you again and in fact every time I see you, i'm going to just kill you right off the bat from then on.  At least be a decent robocop and interrupt me while i'm telling you my story so I don't waste my own damn time.  Now yes, i'd say most cops won't be an asshole and do that to people but the higher your bounty makes the cops more greedy.  

With that being said, in my experience it's usually the cops that are belonging to a gang that will robo cop you because they are only there for the money.  And with the new war system ( At least how I read it ) gang cops will have an incentive to throw you in jail because you will lose war points from it, i'd be happy to be wrong but if i'm not it is a very flawed idea.  

On April 14, 2016 at 10:09 PM, Midamaru said:

No, but i could.

I personaly care about originality and the fun it brings. Also i quit Asylum a month ago and have been blacklisted for 6 months already. I won't be writing any tickets. 

So basically you're saying the only reason you're still around on the forums is to make controversial posts and see what kind of reaction you receive? :kappa:

Truth bombs:

• As soon as you call someone out for having "fail RP" or "robocopping", you've just failed at RP yourself.  Try fighting bad RP with real RP, rather than accusations of fail RP.
  • Literally everybody tries to pull the "it's my grandfather's rifle" or "it's just an airsoft/paintball/BB gun" RP.  Give me something I haven't heard before.  (Even then you should know we are REQUIRED to seize your illegal gun...)
  • Everybody here cares too much about winning/losing.  Loosen that vicegrip on your ego and learn to let it go sometimes.
  • Yes, LT Wondero is actually just a robot.
  • Yes, I am actually just a 12 year old boy.
Michael, Big Fred and 2legit like this
1 minute ago, Demonic said:

Everyone actually listens to that rule? Probably 1 in 100 illegal weapons I'll let slide due to the circumstance that they spawned in front of me and such.

Yeah you should really listen to that rule.  I was trained to believe that it's one of the very few charges that we can't even let them RP out of.  I've pardoned 400k bounties but still seized their gun.

The one and only time I haven't seized an illegal firearm is when a fully geared rebel was glitched inside one of the rooms at the front of the prison barracks (that doesn't have doors).  So I restrained and pulled him out and said since this situation was caused by the laws of nature that are beyond both our control I was gonna unrestrain him there and pretend I saw nothing.

Big Fred and Michael like this

Ah asylum, I remember the days where RP standards weren't so low. People would do crazy things..
People are here to play a game and have fun while doing so. As an whitelisted member of the asylum, you are held to a higher standard and are expected to hold those standards to the utmost extent. But that doesn't mean you should make their time here shit. Cut them a break, you don't have to give that new player his $10,000 ticket because you don't believe his story even though he has been nice. Be nice to others and it will come back in the long run.

Alot of APD officers ask me how I ranked up from corporal to LT in just a few months. And it's something people don't realize what gives them the biggest exposure, the civs. I realized that being the "hardcore" apd officer was not going to get me anywhere. I was kind to civs, I listened to them and tried to make their time here enjoyable. When we would capture a gang of 3-4 rebels, they would all wait just to be processed by me because I would listen to them and try to make something fun come out of it. All these civs would then nag the higherups constantly asking "Why isn't monopoly a corporal/sergeant/lieutenant yet? 

Treat others how you want to be treated. Who gives 2 shits if you are not going to make that 10k from arresting him. Would you rather have that 10k or a salty player who is going to make your experience worse every chance he gets from now on? Now this doesn't mean as a rebel you are expected to receive a pardon for your 80k bounty because you talked for x minutes. It all depends on the situation and how you got there. RP doesn't have to begin by telling a story when you are arrested.This is honestly one of the laziest and one of the most unoriginal methods of RP I have ever seen. Go out and make something fun of it. Find an officer to turn yourself into, bring a hemmit full of peaches and say you were a peach farmer at the peach field but was robbed and had to shoot in self defense. Grab a group of friends to run around roleplaying as a family of italians disowning their son who wanted a career in law. RP DOESN'T have to begin when you are arrested. Now cops, don't just leave it 100% to the rebels to RP, find some fugitives, pull them over and create a fun scenario. I used to pull people over all the time saying there was a amber alert going off with their vehicle description. I would then play some sound effects of infants crying while the civilian would be confused and bewildered the entire time.

TLDR

You give others a bad experience, expect to receive the same back. This goes for both sides..

Olivia and Big Fred like this
13 minutes ago, The Monopoly Man said:

Ah asylum, I remember the days where RP standards weren't so low. People would do crazy things..
People are here to play a game and have fun while doing so. As an whitelisted member of the asylum, you are held to a higher standard and are expected to hold those standards to the utmost extent. But that doesn't mean you should make their time here shit. Cut them a break, you don't have to give that new player his $10,000 ticket because you don't believe his story even though he has been nice. Be nice to others and it will come back in the long run.

Alot of APD officers ask me how I ranked up from corporal to LT in just a few months. And it's something people don't realize what gives them the biggest exposure, the civs. I realized that being the "hardcore" apd officer was not going to get me anywhere. I was kind to civs, I listened to them and tried to make their time here enjoyable. When we would capture a gang of 3-4 rebels, they would all wait just to be processed by me because I would listen to them and try to make something fun come out of it. All these civs would then nag the higherups constantly asking "Why isn't monopoly a corporal/sergeant/lieutenant yet? 

Treat others how you want to be treated. Who gives 2 shits if you are not going to make that 10k from arresting him. Would you rather have that 10k or a salty player who is going to make your experience worse every chance he gets from now on? Now this doesn't mean as a rebel you are expected to receive a pardon for your 80k bounty because you talked for x minutes. It all depends on the situation and how you got there. RP doesn't have to begin by telling a story when you are arrested.This is honestly one of the laziest and one of the most unoriginal methods of RP I have ever seen. Go out and make something fun of it. Find an officer to turn yourself into, bring a hemmit full of peaches and say you were a peach farmer at the peach field but was robbed and had to shoot in self defense. Grab a group of friends to run around roleplaying as a family of italians disowning their son who wanted a career in law. RP DOESN'T have to begin when you are arrested. Now cops, don't just leave it 100% to the rebels to RP, find some fugitives, pull them over and create a fun scenario. I used to pull people over all the time saying there was a amber alert going off with their vehicle description. I would then play some sound effects of infants crying while the civilian would be confused and bewildered the entire time.

TLDR

You give others a bad experience, expect to receive the same back. This goes for both sides..

How's your macaque doing these days? 

The Monopoly Man likes this