10 minutes ago, TheCrestedPenguin said:

Haha-No-GIF.gif?gs=a 

Can you elaborate as to why?

If you make it so the armor value is that of current orcas, or less, I see no reason as to why, seems a good addition.

200k for a glorified tow-truck, as well as only 2-3 seats, its not as if its really affecting you..

Edited by hamsham12
Scott and Tiger like this
5 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

Mohawk cant even tow big vehicles though, like ifrits, zamacks, etc. Id honestly donate if it could.

yea exactlly. ppl are not going to donate to tow box trucks , when they can just buy the taru and tow hemmt transports/ifrits.

ps : i dont rly think thats the real reason thought. or hope so!

On 3/18/2016 at 7:48 AM, bamf said:

I'd love to have them back as well. The issue with them is that BIS made them mostly imperially to lower caliber rounds (minus the side windows), so they were being used as armored spotting vehicles that couldn't be shot down. 

We did some testing recently, however, and may have a different solution. 

hamsham12 likes this
9 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

If an admin could comment and elaborate on it, I'd really appreciate it, I'm not complaining or anything i'm just genuinely curious about what happened to our mysterious Taru's. I remember I'm pretty sure I had a Taru pre-hack.

i had a few myself too Hamsham, we were casually comped a puny benched littlebird for our 1,2 mil tarus :salt:

explicit likes this
1 minute ago, Jaylen Sarrett said:

how about they reduce the armor on taru and orca, so cops could actually do something to someone that attacks them in an orca\

i'd +1 that all day

If they buffed Ifrits so a puny mk200 didnt 10 shot the wheel, I'd be down nerfing the orca, barely use them anyways, only for transportation/fighting cops.

HotWings and Jaylen Sarrett like this
13 minutes ago, hamsham12 said:

If they buffed Ifrits so a puny mk200 didnt 10 shot the wheel, I'd be down nerfing the orca, barely use them anyways, only for transportation/fighting cops.

yaaaa. wasup with those mk200 completely shredding ifrit tires? I think it just has higher rate of fire, and better penetration... ( or atleast that's the only logic i can put behind it)

6 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

About the same as an orca. It's possible to kill the pilot with a 5.56, but it requires quite a lot of shots to break the window, or to be standing close enough to penetrate through.

Is there a place to disable the Taru with lower caliber rifles like the Orca?  I know the vents are small and hard to hit, but it can be done. I have yet to find that type of spot on the Taru which makes it more OP than the Orca in that regard.  Without that ability to disable it from distance and its ability to drop an ifrit on top of people I can see why it has not been re implemented at this point.

12 minutes ago, HotWings said:

Is there a place to disable the Taru with lower caliber rifles like the Orca?  I know the vents are small and hard to hit, but it can be done. I have yet to find that type of spot on the Taru which makes it more OP than the Orca in that regard.  Without that ability to disable it from distance and its ability to drop an ifrit on top of people I can see why it has not been re implemented at this point.

I think shooting the main rotor is your best bet.

Edit: Only 7.62 seems to be disabling the MR. Paratus could easily make a weak spot that redirects the damage to the main rotor, just like he has done for the orca with this script:

if (typeOf _unit == "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F" && _hitBox == "transmission") then

{

_unit setHit ["main_rotor_hit", (_unit getHit "main_rotor_hit") + 0.15 ];

};

Edited by Bikstok
Norwegianviking and Haych like this
20 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

Edit: Only 7.62 seems to be disabling the MR. Paratus could easily make a weak spot that redirects the damage to the main rotor, just like he has done for the orca with this script:

if (typeOf _unit == "O_Heli_Light_02_unarmed_F" && _hitBox == "transmission") then

{

};

^^^

15 minutes ago, Bikstok said:

{

};

OR maybe just Maybe

If (typeOF _unit ==  "o_Bik_stoCK_02_heavily_Armed_GG" && _hitbox == "Deerstand")  then

{

_unit sethit  ["bik_stock_02_heavily_armed_GG",  (_unit gethit "Bik_stock_02_heavily_Armed_GG_head")  +0.25 ];  

};

:kappa:

Bikstok, Mike Stmria and DreamC like this
1 minute ago, Aabrams said:

OR maybe just Maybe

If (typeOF _unit ==  "o_Bik_stoCK_02_heavily_Armed_GG" && _hitbox == "Deerstand")  then

{

_unit sethit  ["bik_stock_02_heavily_armed_GG",  (_unit gethit "Bik_stock_02_heavily_Armed_GG_head")  +0.25 ];  

};

:kappa:

You're saying the hitbox is Deerstand, meaning if you hit the deerstand then bikstok will take damage... in the head????

Civ Hurons. There is already a skin that would support it.

Huron is very easy to take out. Couple 9mm shots to the fuel will cause it to start leaking. Couple 556+ shots into the general fuel/engine area will disable literally everything that keeps it in the sky. It will literally only be used for towing MRAPs in combat.

I'm jealous for the cops as I love using the Huron in a tactical standpoint

Big Fred likes this
24 minutes ago, Haych said:

Huron is very easy to take out. Couple 9mm shots to the fuel will cause it to start leaking. Couple 556+ shots into the general fuel/engine area will disable literally everything that keeps it in the sky. It will literally only be used for towing MRAPs in combat.

Oh yes, u bastards on gta with that crap. :D

good times.

Haych likes this
3 hours ago, NightFury said:

who is going to donate for the mohawk when he can just buy the taru? :kappa:

If you're serious, there is still a reason for Mohawks. If you want a Mohawk capacity with a Taru you need to sling a box truck, which is slower and a harder getaway. I'd still find a use for my mohawk if tarus were back

36 minutes ago, Haych said:

This the way to go if you're worried about flying tanks. Just look at rj/Ifoxs video where the Huron came down from 1 mag of trg 

29 minutes ago, EixunA said:

This is probably a really stupid question but why can mohawks just carry bigger vehicles?

I believe @bamf said they were working on "other ways" to tow bigger vehicles. I think adjusting the mohawk to do so may be one of them.  But only he at this point could confirm/deny.