Opinion changed due to (IFRIT)Mitch

Okay, so my day on Asylum started very badly. Mostly due to my own lack of understanding of the workings of Asylum but regardless my frustration got to the point that I was about to write off my donation as wasted money and quit asylum altogether. Then I was approached by (IFRIT)Mitch who spared some of his own time and in game money to show me the ropes and help me with advice about the game, the people who play the game and things I should consider when I play it.

All in all it was very useful and now I will definitely be a regular user of Asylum. To anyone who gets frustrated with this game, be it a small annoyance or, like I was, you are practically tearing your hair out, ask for help. It seems there are people on here who are willing to help and show people the ropes.

Finally, apologies to anyone who overheard my explosive and rather abusive rant on the side channel earlier today.

Olivia, Bersabee, Azeh and 6 others like this

Lol first day spawn in walk to kaval garage her someone saying the N-word gets up shoots me... get revive lose $800 only have $200 left... Walk to DMV get shot... I raged quit for a little bit then did apples got a car did fishing that wasn't enough so i did ship wrecks and now i have money.

11 minutes ago, LostManAbroad said:

Okay, so my day on Asylum started very badly. Mostly due to my own lack of understanding of the workings of Asylum but regardless my frustration got to the point that I was about to write off my donation as wasted money and quit asylum altogether. Then I was approached by (IFRIT)Mitch who spared some of his own time and in game money to show me the ropes and help me with advice about the game, the people who play the game and things I should consider when I play it.

All in all it was very useful and now I will definitely be a regular user of Asylum. To anyone who gets frustrated with this game, be it a small annoyance or, like I was, you are practically tearing your hair out, ask for help. It seems there are people on here who are willing to help and show people the ropes.

Finally, apologies to anyone who overheard my explosive and rather abusive rant on the side channel earlier today.

Find a buddy or a group of like minded individuals. Not only does the game become much more fun but you know that you have someone watching your back while you watch his/hers. Some of the people that play on the Asylum servers met in game and have been playing together for years. Most of the community is amazing and will offer you advise or assistance when you need or ask for it. Have fun and welcome to The Asylum, if you can survive it's crazy fun.

explicit likes this
7 minutes ago, Mr. Meeseeks said:

damn everyone seems to be so kind today.

Thing is, everyone started at the point that he did. I remember being frustrated and beside myself when I was being RDM'd at the copper mine. The game was frustrating until I joined the APD and started to play with the same people on a consistent basis. We made a group and started down the Rebel path. It's been 2 years and I still have most of those guys on my steam friends list. 

4 hours ago, LostManAbroad said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game now! I remember my first days on Asylum, it can be really tough when you don't know the game. But the more you play, the more you learn and the more fun you have!

Shout out to @(IFRIT)Mitch for being an awesome player and helping the new guys learn the ropes! We honestly need more people like you on this server!

Just keep making money, take it slow and grind a bit. It'll take some time but once you have some money, then you can really engage in everything Asylum has to offer.

As you get more and more acquainted with the server, the next step would be to look for a gang, which gives you a group to play with who will help show you the ropes and answer questions on a consistent basis. When you don't have a lot of money or experience, it can be hard to find one willing to accept you, but there are gangs out there who are open to new players.

Just check out the gang recruitment thread or find some friends and start your own!

Edited by ATF MG007
Mitch (IFRIT) likes this
1 minute ago, ATF MG007 said:

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game now! I remember my first days on Asylum, it can be really tough when you don't know the game. But the more you play, the more you learn and the more fun you have!

Shout out to @(IFRIT)Mitch for being an awesome player and helping the new guys learn the ropes! We honestly need more people like you on this server!

Just keep making money, take it slow and grind a bit. It'll take some time but once you have some money, then you can really engage in everything Asylum has to offer.

As you get more and more acquainted with the server, the next step would be to look for a gang, which gives you a group to play with who will help show you the ropes and answer questions on a consistent basis. When you don't have a lot of money or experience, it can be hard to find one willing to accept you, but there are gangs out there who are open to new players.

Just check out the gang recruitment thread!

Thanks man! I just want to help as many as i can. Because i realize how much help we need to give our new player base to keep asylum up and running...

1 minute ago, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

Thanks man! I just want to help as many as i can. Because i realize how much help we need to give our new player base to keep asylum up and running...

One of the biggest problems I see on the servers is that if you're new, people will typically answer questions, but if you have issues they'll usually just tell you to shut up and suck it up. People have to learn or else they won't be interested!

I know that I was lucky enough to meet a few really nice people my first day here. They took me and my friend on a Coke run. The cops showed up so we ran. Unfortunately we forgot to buy a repair kit, before Paratus added the ability to repair vehicles without one, and we wrecked the car as we fled. So my very first memory of Asylum is lugging it around Athira HQ and all the way to Coke Processing, then all the way back to Athira. It sucked, but it was so much fun, and it piqued my interest in the server.

Then I started a gang the next day, and it just went uphill from there.  

My favorite thing to do is act like I'm new, and just jump in random peoples cars. 

80% of the time it ends up horribly, but god damn is it fun. 

I remember when I first joined Asylum back in the day a friend and I jumped into the back of a police offroad as it was chasing an Ifrit and RPed it out as we were reporters embedded in a military unit. 

I also jumped into someones covered Zamak as they were gathering coke and started playing police sirens in direct chat...watching them run around was fucking hilarious. 

2 hours ago, epTic said:

My favorite thing to do is act like I'm new, and just jump in random peoples cars. 

80% of the time it ends up horribly, but god damn is it fun. 

I remember when I first joined Asylum back in the day a friend and I jumped into the back of a police offroad as it was chasing an Ifrit and RPed it out as we were reporters embedded in a military unit. 

I also jumped into someones covered Zamak as they were gathering coke and started playing police sirens in direct chat...watching them run around was fucking hilarious. 

Well in regard to the Zamak, I know what my next goal is on civilian... 

On 5/3/2016 at 1:44 PM, (IFRIT)Mitch said:

No problem man! I hope the days go easier now, and that you have some solid ideas on how to make money. If you or anyone else needs hand. feel free to send me a PM, and I'll do my best to help out. I'm no genius, but I'll figure out the answer if I don't know. 

So toxic