Solution to Bounties Combat Logging

I've been playing bounty hunter a lot recently and have had roughly 80% of my bounty's combat log on me, and I wasn't even in Kavala. A combat log rate as high as this makes it near impossible to make a profit from bounty hunting so here is my proposed solution. When a player who is your bounty and is restrained by you combat logs they are replaced by an ai that you can arrest causing the player to be sent to jail upon their return. The ai can also be unrestrained or killed to keep it from being too easy for a bounty hunter. The bounty hunter can then go and report the player as they normally would but they would still be able to make a profit if they successfully arrest the ai. 

People seem to combat log on bounty hunters because they get away with it most of the time, so for now can we all just agree to report all combat loggers? All you need is one screenshot of the downing and disconnecting and it takes less than 5 minutes to submit a report.

Edited by Treeherder
Jonah, Spacecase, Crossfade and 3 others like this
31 minutes ago, Henry Facesmasher said:

I think the reason why people CL more on BH's because you can't rp with them like you can RP with cops

That's very likely, but still doesn't make it right. I like @Axe's idea of if they are your bounty and you have them restrained, you get paid if they log off.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

OR it could just pay you. Someone who CLs doesnt get to have a chance to be saved after they already CLed. 

So you are saying anyone who has his bounty at the time, and the fugitive logs while in zipties, they are get paid? Would be 2 easy for some bounty hunter in kavala who happened to get his bounty then the guy logs and that BH gets free money.

15 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

So you are saying anyone who has his bounty at the time, and the fugitive logs while in zipties, they are get paid? Would be 2 easy for some bounty hunter in kavala who happened to get his bounty then the guy logs and that BH gets free money.

No..at least I hope that's not what he meant. It should be able to be coded to know that YOU had player's bounty and they were in YOUR restraints, not just any restraints..that'd be aids. That should be easy maybe...

15 minutes ago, What zit tooya said:

It would have to be whichever BH's zipties. 

Run a check when he DCs for whoever has his bounty

Then, run a check on the zipties. 

Ez? Im not sure what the problem you see is. 

8 hours ago, Treeherder said:

People seem to combat log on bounty hunters because they get away with it most of the time, so for now can we all just agree to report all combat loggers? All you need is one screenshot of the downing and disconnecting and it takes less than 5 minutes to submit a report.

i'm not a bounty hunter i play cop most of the time, so far this is my report section 

http://prntscr.com/bc8hk4

So yeah i found the best way to deal with them is with reporting them, it's honestly the thing that pisses me off the most even more then RDM since that could just be because of a mistake / if they didnt mean to kill you they sometimes comp you because they know they were wrong to avoid a ban or whatever, combat logging however is just people playing the game get caught and get out of any action the game has set up to prevent them from commiting crimes etc, honestly as a bounty hunter i would record non stop because they get even less punishment for combatlogging at least when they're in cop restraints they go to prison. 

bballmajic likes this

I have something ready for people who CL on BH or cops.  CL'ing in restraints is going to get a whole lot less fun rather quickly.  I'll also likely make it for players who are downed by a BH as well...

P.S.  We will likely be giving some reward to the BH or cop(s) as well with the change.  Nothing sucks worse than getting a big bounty to only have them CL on you once they are caught...

14 minutes ago, bamf said:

I have something ready for people who CL on BH or cops.  CL'ing in restraints is going to get a whole lot less fun rather quickly.  I'll also likely make it for players who are downed by a BH as well...

P.S.  We will likely be giving some reward to the BH or cop(s) as well with the change.  Nothing sucks worse than getting a big bounty to only have them CL on you once they are caught...

You are a god