Civilian side group cap

Please can we remove the group cap for civilian made groups.  With all the changes made recently I feel this would improve the game play on Asylum servers if unlimited group size was brought back.  It sucks when you have more than 10 gang members on at one time and you have to make multiple groups because not everyone can be hexed.

Maybe if I can fight against them with a 30 man rebel group. Though I admit it would be a pain in the ass to fight that many bounty hunters. Lol I do understand where you are coming from though @epTic  though my opinion on the subject remains the same.  I'd like to see unlimited or more than 10 as the cap for civ groups.

Edited by DJB
2 hours ago, Jonah said:

What if they remove the cap but make it so only the first 10 have hexes? That way you could still do community drug runs and know where everyone is at while not having the threat of "mega gangs" coming back

Not a bad idea tbh, it should of been like this from the start considering its how the gang groups work

10 hours ago, Donk said:

keep it at 10 and then after 10 cops get on increase it to a 1:1 ratio up to a max cap of 15 for civ, its as simple as that.

The group cap doesn't really have anything to do with cops.  Making the cap go up as cops go up isn't a great idea either.  Not all of the cops respond to something an individual gang is doing (unless it's a bank, fed, or pb).  

The group cap being 10 has worked pretty well for the server I think.  Perhaps we could up it by 1 or 2 people, but does that really get us anything substantive?  That's an actual question btw...

1 minute ago, bamf said:

The group cap doesn't really have anything to do with cops.  Making the cap go up as cops go up isn't a great idea either.  Not all of the cops respond to something an individual gang is doing (unless it's a bank, fed, or pb).  

The group cap being 10 has worked pretty well for the server I think.  Perhaps we could up it by 1 or 2 people, but does that really get us anything substantive?  That's an actual question btw...

Up it please just be a small amount . That way rebels feel loved.

Edited by Feenix
DJB likes this
Just now, Gubber Flexx said:

I would say set it to at least 15 since that is not an insane difference.

10 - 15 is a huge difference.  That's 50% more.  

And Feenix, rebels will get some love soon.  Plus, how can rebels not feel loved?  The 6.9 chain of patches was pretty much all rebel wasn't it?

Feenix and DJB like this
Just now, bamf said:

And Feenix, rebels will get some love soon.  Plus, how can rebels not feel loved?  The 6.9 chain of patches was pretty much all rebel wasn't it?

well i was not seeing it that way. I kinda meant not a huge difference as in 10 - 30 i just thought making groups hold 5 more people would not hurt the server that much, it would just make some banks and feds harder is all.

25 minutes ago, bamf said:

But 15 just looks better. The reason I suggested the cop ratio is because recently when any gang goes to do a pb/bank/fed the cops call for back up from everywhere and end up flooding the server. Especially if nothing is going on on the other servers at the time, because all the bored cops finally have something to do. We've done pb/bank/fed starting with like 7 cops on and ended up having 22 on by the end of it. 10 rebels vs 22 cops with infinite lives and no care for their gear is pretty obnoxious. 

1 hour ago, bamf said:

I do love u bamf , for listening to me about the money yield and now I see people camping meth and cocaine when it was a ghost town. But in all honesty 12 or 13 would be fine. 15 is way to much. Right now currently people love bh so much I'm currently just waiting for some small rebel update to turn the bh away from bh and back to rebels. Add 1 or two more slots for groups and rebels won't be complaining as much for cops. May result more banks,Feds,PBs

Edited by Feenix
6 hours ago, Tom said:

you guys have 20 people on now , is that why you want it removed? problem to fix that is don't mass recruit :)

Tom, I hope you realize that being in a gang already shows everyone on the map if you have the talent.... I was thinking about this mostly in terms of community drug runs as they are currently not viable.

7 hours ago, Sugarfoot said:

I was all for it until the bounty hunter patch. Seems like a real shit way for everyone to farm honor by camping everything in the planet together 

I have been in bh groups of 8 and honestly the money is so shit, its better to just farm in groups of 2-4.

On 6/4/2016 at 3:23 PM, bamf said:

I as a player would love to see the group cap increased to 12 instead of 10.  Would be nice in my opinion to be able to add 2 more people with hexes that want to get in on a group activity without having to keep tabs on their positions as to avoid friendly fire. 

Edited by DJB
7 minutes ago, DJB said:

I as a player would love to see the group cap increased to 12 instead of 10.  Would be nice in my opinion to be able to add 2 more people with hexes that want to get in on a group activity without having to keep tabs on their positions as to avoid friendly fire. 

I would like to see 15 instead of 13, or no group cap at all. Having a higher/no group cap nerfs itself.. in order to have 15 members on at the same time, you'll probably have to recruit more and less experinced players in order to fill space instead of having 7 or 8 good players.

2 hours ago, Bunni said:

I would like to see 15 instead of 13, or no group cap at all. Having a higher/no group cap nerfs itself.. in order to have 15 members on at the same time, you'll probably have to recruit more and less experinced players in order to fill space instead of having 7 or 8 good players.

With 3 orcas of people hot dropping on you, their abilities rarely seem to matter. 

Tiger likes this
2 hours ago, Bunni said:

12 minutes ago, bamf said:

With 3 orcas of people hot dropping on you, their abilities rarely seem to matter. 

You certainly never played during Old times. 12-15 is fine. Go with 15 if you want to bring 3 ifrits instead of two to a cartel if you think about it. But No group cap is retarded we do not want to create the mega gang era even though it was the golden age of asylum.  Have to think about the cop's too and their ability to compete with rebels.  

Edited by Feenix
Just now, Kitui said:

Feenix.  you never once played in old times you dumbass.  you started playing asylum when I did which was after arma 2 CCG died.  Stop pretending you have fucking been here forever.

I dont think you understand i've been here since peach cartel and og regiment.

https://gyazo.com/0bbbd2297933949750f89c78bc37dd83

Oldest twitch recording i got from 2014.

DJB likes this
1 hour ago, Feenix said:

You certainly never played during Old times. 12-15 is fine. Go with 15 if you want to bring 3 ifrits instead of two to a cartel if you think about it. But No group cap is retarded we do not want to create the mega gang era even though it was the golden age of asylum.  Have to think about the cop's too and their ability to compete with rebels.  

15 is a good number. 

In reality the hexes and the group cap don't even matter if you can get used to playing without hexes and continuously practice playing without hexes.  There can still be these mega gangs without hexes just have to keep good map awareness.  With the right talents you can see all gang members on your map, though we as civilians don't have hexes we can use the map to make sure there are no friendlies we are targeting.  The hexes just makes things easier, a lot easier I suppose.

This is just my opinion of course. 

Edited by DJB
On 6/4/2016 at 1:24 AM, epTic said:

Do you want 30 man bounty hunter groups? 

Because this is how you get 30 man bounty hunter groups. 

Yeah we dont need to increase it. Think about it maybe they just need to stop recruiting. Maybe a gang cap if anything lol.

Edited by Phoenix
7 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Yeah we dont need to increase it. Think about it maybe they just need to stop recruiting. Maybe a gang cap if anything lol.

They should increase it. Not remove it. 15 is a great number especially now that if theres a gas station robbery cops call for back up from other servers. 15 rebels vs 20 cops that will come back as many times as they want increases odds for rebels but still gives the apd a decent chance at winning the fight.